Amazon.com Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Amazon Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Had an initial phone conversation with recruiter to go over the position description. A week or so later got a technical phone interview with a manager. The interview went well, however didn't get the position because I lacked experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

1 phone interview with hiring manager then in person with 5 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

I was first contacted by HR to check my interest in role. Then I had first round of phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by another round of phone screen with someone from outside the immediate team.

Most of the questions were related to project management, such as how did you handle risk, motivate resources who don't report toyou, handle conflicting priorities and handle scope creep. Try and answer with real time experiences you've had and telling a small story

Interview Questions
    • one interviewer at onsite was a bit rude and kept assuming that all organizations work like Amazon and was not able to understand why I did what i did in teh financial sector. I did not push too hard back at him; however, if i were to repeat, i would have told him that his vision is limited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Recruiter found my resume on Linkedin and approached to arrange for an interview for TPM position. I had an initial phone screen with the interviewer and 2 phone screens. The phone screens were mainly based on my resume. There were a few cases of analytical questions around estimating the time taken for page load.

Interview Questions
    • How do you determine page load times of all pages across amazon.com?   Answer Question
    I was originally offered $10k signon bonus and $120k salary. I negotiated signon bonus to $45k and salary of $135k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Applied thru a referral and got an interview request the very next day. Setup an interview a week later. First round of interview was over phone, supposed to be 1 hour long but the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and ended the call in 30 min. Be prepared to answer questions on coding oops/C++, technical product you build from scratch, data structures and networking

Interview Questions
    • Why Amazon, design an algorithm to rearrange numbers in a sequency, time complexity of the algorithm   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

I applied online and they called the next day to setup an interview. The interviewer spoke quickly, had an accent, and seemed a little taken back that I hadn't been in a pure technical job in several years.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Same set of behavioral questions repeated by various individuals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interviewing was interesting with Amazon. Be prepared for a ton of interviews. I did the following interviews:
    - First Interview (on campus)
    - Second interview group (3, each 45 min) (on campus)
    - Two phone interviews
    - Three on campus interviews in Seattle
    That's a total of 9 interviews!! 99% of the interviews were technical and I had minimal time to ask about the company. What they told me is that everyone has to be on-call at least once a year and some people are on call every week! You also have to support all of your previous projects while doing your new projects. Lastly, you're expected to pick up other people's slack, if you see projects that aren't being completed by others, they say you should "step in"

Interview Questions
    • Set up a class structure for an elevator system in a large building. It may have multiple elevators, shafts, groups of elevators, buttons, ways to call an elevator, etc... (hint, the elevator system they have in their office is apparently very inefficient...)   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Lots of behavioral type questions. One technical question. The interviewer was easy to talk with and professional. Most of the questions were others I found on this website, so I felt prepared. The biggest reason (I think) I didn't move further in the process was because my experience in a key area was simply weaker than they wanted.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

I applied for a Director role on Amazon.com and was contacted by a recruited within 3 days. I was asked thru 3+ phone screens if I'd take an individual contributor position over a management-level role. They want to bring people in low and have them work up, citing their flat organization and multiple promotional opportunities as counter-balance. After the on-site visit where I interviewed 1:1 with 5 team members including the hiring manager, I decided not to pursue because I didn't want to drop out of management - it was odd being considered for an individual role here when I was interviewing at the same time for a VP role at a F100. Be prepared to step down if you want to work for Amazon...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!