Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details – got 1 initial phone screening for about 45 mins.

Interview Question – mostly questions on AWS   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – First phone interview was very straight forward and simple. Asked about basic troubleshooting process for local machine. Second interview was far more advanced and contained technical questions regarding everything from experience with SQL, JAVA, web server admin troubleshooting experience, and network administration.

Interview Question – If you were for example the web server admin for google and you received an upset call from your client complaining that he and his friend receive error failures when attempting to connect to google.com, how would you attempt to troubleshoot the problem?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interviews were an hour long and were scheduled within a few days of each other. Final in-person interview was scheduled many weeks out. Interview's focused on technical, personal and interpersonal questions. One of the best things I did was be honest on the things I didn't know. It didn't seem to affect my interview and they appreciated my candor. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – How to start the system config program from the command line.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a technical phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. Even though it was a technical interview, it felt more like a conversation about tech subjects. Be knowledgeable on different server OS and http errors. The job required much more specialization than I had thought, and so I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What happens after entering Amazon.com into the address bar?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – First call, first two quick questions about my CV then technical questions wich lasted no more than 20minutes, I didn't lat longer.

Interview Question – question about OSI model, where in it fits the switch   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Came to campus and . There was a written test followed by two technical internviews,
Written tests the basic programming skills and linux commands and DB queries.
Technical interviews focus on trouble shooting and Large data handling techniques.

Interview Question – What is the reason if the 5th page on google search is not loading properly   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview Details – The company was very flexible in scheduling the interview. I have had 2 rounds of phone interviews. The phone interviews were about everything included in the job description. They asked me about DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting different servers. They disclose the interview outcome on the same day or the next day itself.

Interview Questions

• How will you transfer files securely between two remote machines?   View Answer
  • What happens when you enter an address in a web browser?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Technical Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.