Amazon.com Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

got 1 initial phone screening for about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

First phone interview was very straight forward and simple. Asked about basic troubleshooting process for local machine. Second interview was far more advanced and contained technical questions regarding everything from experience with SQL, JAVA, web server admin troubleshooting experience, and network administration.

Interview Questions

• If you were for example the web server admin for google and you received an upset call from your client complaining that he and his friend receive error failures when attempting to connect to google.com, how would you attempt to troubleshoot the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got an employee referral for the job, it was two rounds of phone interview, both of them technical. Unfortunately I thought it was more of a developer type of work, but it turned out to be more or less a picking up the phone and assist their customer type of work.

Interview Questions

• When you type in www.Amazon.com into your web browser, what happens exactly?
      What's the difference between windows and linux?
      Your LAN is extremely slow, what are the ways to troubleshoot it?
      if your windows normally takes 10 seconds to go from power-up to start-up page, what are some of the problems or ways to troubleshoot if it all the sudden takes 10 minutes?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interviews were an hour long and were scheduled within a few days of each other. Final in-person interview was scheduled many weeks out. Interview's focused on technical, personal and interpersonal questions. One of the best things I did was be honest on the things I didn't know. It didn't seem to affect my interview and they appreciated my candor. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How to start the system config program from the command line.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a technical phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. Even though it was a technical interview, it felt more like a conversation about tech subjects. Be knowledgeable on different server OS and http errors. The job required much more specialization than I had thought, and so I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What happens after entering Amazon.com into the address bar?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

First call, first two quick questions about my CV then technical questions wich lasted no more than 20minutes, I didn't lat longer.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview

The company was very flexible in scheduling the interview. I have had 2 rounds of phone interviews. The phone interviews were about everything included in the job description. They asked me about DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting different servers. They disclose the interview outcome on the same day or the next day itself.

Interview Questions

• How will you transfer files securely between two remote machines?   1 Answer
    • What happens when you enter an address in a web browser?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

interviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Came to campus and . There was a written test followed by two technical internviews,
    Written tests the basic programming skills and linux commands and DB queries.
    Technical interviews focus on trouble shooting and Large data handling techniques.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason if the 5th page on google search is not loading properly   Answer Question