Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

User Experience Research Intern Interview

User Experience Research Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

Interview Details – Resume and Portfolio Review:
Applicants were asked to submit their resume and portfolio. It took about a week to get the phone interview invitation.

Phone Interview:
I was interviewed by a UX team leader. It started with some ice-breaker questions and behavioral questions. Then, he asked me several questions about my previous projects and internship experience. We discussed a little bit about how Amazon (or say, his UX team) conducts user research. At the end of the interview, he asked me to rate my familiarity with several UX-related software (e.g. Axure, Morae, Microsoft Office, etc.).

Interview Question – The interview questions were reasonable. However, I think it is important to ask some good follow-up questions.   Answer Question

User Experience Research Intern Interview

User Experience Research Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first. Obviously they only have less than 20 researchers at Amazon, so they are despretely looking for interns to help. The phone interview was supposed to be 30 minutes, but after 15 minutes my interviewer told me: we will definitely have you here for a on-site interview and that's the end of the interview. After 3 days I had the onsite interview, which consisted of a one hour portfolio review and two 30 minutes 1:1 interviews. The portfolio review is quite standard, and the 1:1 interview is based on the portfolio review.

Interview Question – What is your favorite research method? What is a website/app that you like or hate and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!