Amazon.com

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Warehouse Associate Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone and I was invited to the job fair they were having. I went to the job fair and met with a recruiter and was offered the job on the spot. The challenging part of it was that I didn't start work for 2 months from my initial phone screen. At that point they were not in a hurry to start anyone. Overall it was a good experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Warehouse Associate Interview

Drug test and background test. There was also a questionare on the computer that had to be done. Human resources will then give you a call and let ypu know when you can come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Hiring is through a temporary employment agency. Periodic "conversions" offer employment to those who are considered solid workers. The company seems to not enjoy as good a reputation as they might like. It seems many aspirants to employment decide to move on rather than deal with the issues/problems inherent with Amazon.

NA

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online through snagajob and got an email the next day to go to a hire event and pick the day I wanted to go so I went the following monday, it was wednesday and I couldve picked as soon as friday, and when I got to the event I had the job I just had to take a mouth swab drug test and take my proof of education. I applied for a seasonal part time position so I believe that is why it was so easy. Just waiting on my background to clear

Interview Questions
    • There was no question. Just had to complete a questionnaire when I applied which replaced a real interview. Either strongly agree or strongly disagree on questionnaire.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I had four interviews that ran about 30 minutes each. All of them seem to be reading from a Q&A script with canned answers. one interviewer was confused when my answer went deeper than the one he was given.

Interview Questions
    • How many Lady Gaga CDs do we have to sell to turn a profit? (seriously...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

I applied online at Amazon.com. About two weeks later I got an email asking me if I wanted to set up an appointment online. It was a direct hire event for a new warehouse opening up in Moreno Valley. I set up an appointment that wasn't for another three weeks. I arrived at a hotel that had Amazon signs showing you where to go. When I went inside there was some amazon employees sitting at a few tables, and there was a line of people waiting to speak with them. When I finally sat down to speak with them, I expecting an interview but instead the employee asked for my ID and my diploma and told me there was no interview and then she gave me a contingency letter offer of employment. I got the job as long as I passed the background check and oral drug test. The lady sent me to another room with about 20 other people who got the job to take our oral drug test and watch a video about Amazon and what they had to offer to there new employees! It was by far the easiest interview I had ever been to in my life. Although it wasn't really an interview because they didn't ask me a single question.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take what they give you, which is not bad considering it's a warehouse job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

Filled out forms online. Communicated by email. Came in for brain washing videos then some more videos. Listened to some bogus speeches from employees ranging from scared to very obnoxious. Each step of the process was very painfully delayed. Total process took about two months and three trips. HR people to their credit tried to explain the environment as best they could but having no real experience their talking fell flat and had no credibility.

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I went into Integrity Staffing and had an interview and was offered a job right away but I did not get to really pick my schedule which ultimately lead to my departure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was a new building so it took about 3 months, 1st phone Interview, then Second interview at a local hotel lobby, at hotel they either walk you out the door or in to a conference room where you get a job offer. The key at this job safety safety safety!

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for warehouse assoc. ! You are a dime a dozen. You get what the give.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Questions
    • It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   View Answer
    not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?