Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Drug test and background test. There was also a questionare on the computer that had to be done. Human resources will then give you a call and let ypu know when you can come in for orientation.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Hiring is through a temporary employment agency. Periodic "conversions" offer employment to those who are considered solid workers. The company seems to not enjoy as good a reputation as they might like. It seems many aspirants to employment decide to move on rather than deal with the issues/problems inherent with Amazon.

Negotiation Details – NA

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – I applied online through snagajob and got an email the next day to go to a hire event and pick the day I wanted to go so I went the following monday, it was wednesday and I couldve picked as soon as friday, and when I got to the event I had the job I just had to take a mouth swab drug test and take my proof of education. I applied for a seasonal part time position so I believe that is why it was so easy. Just waiting on my background to clear

Interview Question – There was no question. Just had to complete a questionnaire when I applied which replaced a real interview. Either strongly agree or strongly disagree on questionnaire.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at Amazon.com. About two weeks later I got an email asking me if I wanted to set up an appointment online. It was a direct hire event for a new warehouse opening up in Moreno Valley. I set up an appointment that wasn't for another three weeks. I arrived at a hotel that had Amazon signs showing you where to go. When I went inside there was some amazon employees sitting at a few tables, and there was a line of people waiting to speak with them. When I finally sat down to speak with them, I expecting an interview but instead the employee asked for my ID and my diploma and told me there was no interview and then she gave me a contingency letter offer of employment. I got the job as long as I passed the background check and oral drug test. The lady sent me to another room with about 20 other people who got the job to take our oral drug test and watch a video about Amazon and what they had to offer to there new employees! It was by far the easiest interview I had ever been to in my life. Although it wasn't really an interview because they didn't ask me a single question.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take what they give you, which is not bad considering it's a warehouse job.

Warehouse Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I had four interviews that ran about 30 minutes each. All of them seem to be reading from a Q&A script with canned answers. one interviewer was confused when my answer went deeper than the one he was given.

Interview Question – How many Lady Gaga CDs do we have to sell to turn a profit? (seriously...)   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online as I heard there was a new Sort Center opening in my city. About 2 days later I received an email requesting to set up a phone interview date. They called on the dot and while I talked to other associates later on who had different experiences, my phone interview just asked me questions to confirm my identity and application as well as questions I had already answered in the online application as far as if I can lift up to 49lbs or work in a potentially 90 degree warehouse which of course i answered "Yes". The phone interview was about 5 minutes and the lady then sent me an interview to schedule an in person interview at a hiring event. I scheduled my time through the interview email and showed up to the hiring event where about 20 other individuals were waiting to be called in. It was a large room with many leadership/management interviewing. I was interviewed by a particularly imposing individual who was to be one of the Operations Managers at the Sort Center I was applying to. We chatted about why I wanted to work for Amazon and who I was, a college student looking for part time work with opportunities to use my degree once I had graduated. Soon enough he told me he would move me forward to the next part of the process and walked me to the HR desk to wait schedule an orientation date and start date as well as get started on my drug test/background check.

Interview Question – He asked me if there was any question I was prepared to answer but that he had not asked.   View Answer

Tracy, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sat me in a room, told me "are you sure you can do this job?" (im a girl, and very girly, so Im assuming he didnt think I would be a good fit for a general labor position) next thing I know, literally 3 minutes later I am doing orientation, very fast and easy process..

Interview Question – Are you sure you can do this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Dont take it, Amazon sucks.

Warehouse Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I went into Integrity Staffing and had an interview and was offered a job right away but I did not get to really pick my schedule which ultimately lead to my departure.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

New Castle, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a Direct Hire position. First I had to submit my resume and answer questions online, followed by a questionnaire that seemed to testing my personality. Then I had to schedule and complete a phone interview, which basically just verified what I had submitted online. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the site I was applying for. There were several of us there at the same time, and we were individually taken back to interview with a manager. Mostly they seemed to want to know what we were like personally, and how our personalities and views would fit into the company. They really seemed to like my attitude, even though I had no previous warehouse experience.

Interview Question – Recall a time in a previous job in which you and a coworker disagreed, what did you do and why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple, the call you in you take a very basic skills test first to see if you identify certain products, read and understand bar-codes. Watch a video to explain what you are getting into. Then you go into a one on one interview. The questions are simple but somewhat misleading. You have to listen very careful and answer the question they actually asked.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!