Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I went into Integrity Staffing and had an interview and was offered a job right away but I did not get to really pick my schedule which ultimately lead to my departure.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

New Castle, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a Direct Hire position. First I had to submit my resume and answer questions online, followed by a questionnaire that seemed to testing my personality. Then I had to schedule and complete a phone interview, which basically just verified what I had submitted online. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the site I was applying for. There were several of us there at the same time, and we were individually taken back to interview with a manager. Mostly they seemed to want to know what we were like personally, and how our personalities and views would fit into the company. They really seemed to like my attitude, even though I had no previous warehouse experience.

Interview Question – Recall a time in a previous job in which you and a coworker disagreed, what did you do and why?   View Answer

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple, the call you in you take a very basic skills test first to see if you identify certain products, read and understand bar-codes. Watch a video to explain what you are getting into. Then you go into a one on one interview. The questions are simple but somewhat misleading. You have to listen very careful and answer the question they actually asked.

Tracy, CA

Interview Details – Entire hiring process is done strictly through their website, besides the in-person interview. Applied through their website. Received email from HR requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was to verify my submitted information gathered from application(availability, contact info, experience). At end of phone interview was asked to proceed with interview process by attending an Amazon hiring event for in-person interview, Interview was one on one with managers for upcoming warehouse. At end of interview was told if you did or did not receive job along with estimated work schedule and description of job. Immediately after interview attended a group orientation for the company where a drug test and consent forms for background checks were administered. Were notified within week of results from both tests.

Interview Question – Most difficult experience at work that resulted in a personal job performance being recognized for a good job.   Answer Question

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – This was a new building so it took about 3 months, 1st phone Interview, then Second interview at a local hotel lobby, at hotel they either walk you out the door or in to a conference room where you get a job offer. The key at this job safety safety safety!

Interview Question – strengths and weaknesses, how do you view safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for warehouse assoc. ! You are a dime a dozen. You get what the give.

Warehouse Associate
Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview was very quick. I went in to the 3rd party staffing agency, did the online app, and within 20 minutes I was taking a drug test for the job and within the next hour we we're having orientation for the job in which I started 4 days later.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions mainly because the online application pretty much too up most of my time. This being factory work, the whole process was fairly impersonal.   Answer Question

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Question – It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was a conversion hire from seasonal to permanent. I worked as a seasonal employee for 6 months and kept my rate above required and never earned any points against me. When they started the conversion process I received a letter to inform me that I was accepted and needed to go online to fill out the application before attending the question and answer session which included a background check and drug test. When the results from those tests came back satisfactory I received my orientation date and attended orientation where I filled out my paperwork to be converted over to amazon associate.

Interview Question – no questions, though background checks take longer for some than for others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

Interview Details – Online application with resume submission. Mass direct hire with identity verification and background check/drug test.

Interview Question – Tell us what you bring with you to the company and why Amazon should hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. My advice is ask about what the position entails.

Patterson, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – I first got a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. They asked me to tell them of three times I encountered some safety hazardous. And asked about my previous employment. After that they told me I was going to get an in person interview and I could schedule it online. The in person interview was not to hard. They ask all the same questions a retail employer would ask. also they dont care if you dont know how to use the machines they use. Everyone will be taught even if you already know.

Interview Question – have you ever worked with a dishonest employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Warehouse Associate interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.