Amazon.com Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

2.0

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

I was interviewed for a Direct Hire position. First I had to submit my resume and answer questions online, followed by a questionnaire that seemed to testing my personality. Then I had to schedule and complete a phone interview, which basically just verified what I had submitted online. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the site I was applying for. There were several of us there at the same time, and we were individually taken back to interview with a manager. Mostly they seemed to want to know what we were like personally, and how our personalities and views would fit into the company. They really seemed to like my attitude, even though I had no previous warehouse experience.

Interview Questions
  • Recall a time in a previous job in which you and a coworker disagreed, what did you do and why?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I applied online as a temp through ISS Agency and after I passed everything I was able to schedule an interview. I arrived and there were 6 stages. (You must have your ID, SS Card or similar documentation and GED/HS Diploma)
    Stage 1: Sign in at desk
    Stage 2: Go to a computer to enter your personal info.
    Stage 3: Go to another computer and identify 20 products that were on a cardboard box. (its really easy, if you don't pass this, no interview)
    Stage 4: Go to another computer and enter personal info again.
    Stage 5: Look at some video about Amazon while you and others wait to be interviewed one-on-one
    Stage 6: The actual interview; very simple. They ask why you want to work there, which position and shift you prefer. Give you a mouth swab for a drug test, perform a background check. If anything is available for your availability you will be given a Start Date, Shift, Position, Hourly Pay Info and Orientation Date.

PS: Apply early to get the shift that is best for you.

Interview Questions
    You can not negotiate the pay rate. There were different shift options available and I was able to chose the most convenient shift for myself, but you can not pick your own hours, just the options they add (most were 4-Day 10hr shifts for overnight, day or afternoon)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I applied online as I heard there was a new Sort Center opening in my city. About 2 days later I received an email requesting to set up a phone interview date. They called on the dot and while I talked to other associates later on who had different experiences, my phone interview just asked me questions to confirm my identity and application as well as questions I had already answered in the online application as far as if I can lift up to 49lbs or work in a potentially 90 degree warehouse which of course i answered "Yes". The phone interview was about 5 minutes and the lady then sent me an interview to schedule an in person interview at a hiring event. I scheduled my time through the interview email and showed up to the hiring event where about 20 other individuals were waiting to be called in. It was a large room with many leadership/management interviewing. I was interviewed by a particularly imposing individual who was to be one of the Operations Managers at the Sort Center I was applying to. We chatted about why I wanted to work for Amazon and who I was, a college student looking for part time work with opportunities to use my degree once I had graduated. Soon enough he told me he would move me forward to the next part of the process and walked me to the HR desk to wait schedule an orientation date and start date as well as get started on my drug test/background check.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if there was any question I was prepared to answer but that he had not asked.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patterson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patterson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I first got a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. They asked me to tell them of three times I encountered some safety hazardous. And asked about my previous employment. After that they told me I was going to get an in person interview and I could schedule it online. The in person interview was not to hard. They ask all the same questions a retail employer would ask. also they dont care if you dont know how to use the machines they use. Everyone will be taught even if you already know.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever worked with a dishonest employee?   View Answer
    N/A

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

I applied online and next received an email to set up a phone interview. Once I completed the phone interview I received an email to have a face to face interview at the job site.

Interview Questions
    • I pretty much expected all of the questions because I researched ahead of time.Just be positive and enthusiastic and you should be fine.   Answer Question
    None. Set pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Completed online application and usual questionnaire, then received an email less than 12 hours later stating to schedule a phone interview. The interview is on average around 30 minutes and consists of the usual "Describe a time when...in your past employment?" questions. After the phone interview I received another email stating to schedule the on-site interview a week later. Plan to spend around 2 hours at the warehouse if your interviewing during one of their hiring events. Sign in upon entering, get your picture taken, then you're brought to a room where you have a general computer test to assess you (doesn't affect employment), and after that you're taken to a room for your one-on-one interview. The interview consists of about five questions similar to the phone interview about dishonest past employees, seeing coworkers steal, why you chose amazon, etc. After the interview if you pass you're taken to a room where you're going to receive an oral drug test and then Amazon's offer their making you. Following that you're taken on a 25 minutes tour of the facility and then done for the day and told to wait to be contacted for training.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when changes were made at management level that you had to adapt to?" Never had a job before so It was a fairly hard question to relate to school, etc.   Answer Question

The wait to actually be contacted about the job and training can extend over a month to two months; needed a job fairly soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

I was a conversion hire from seasonal to permanent. I worked as a seasonal employee for 6 months and kept my rate above required and never earned any points against me. When they started the conversion process I received a letter to inform me that I was accepted and needed to go online to fill out the application before attending the question and answer session which included a background check and drug test. When the results from those tests came back satisfactory I received my orientation date and attended orientation where I filled out my paperwork to be converted over to amazon associate.

Interview Questions
    • no questions, though background checks take longer for some than for others.   Answer Question
    none

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview is as simple as it gets. You have to have a pulse.

No negotiation, it is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Well first I found the application online through Integrity and right when I finish the application, I was instructed to call the local Integrity office and tell them I finished the application. I called and they gave me a date for the interview which was a like three weeks later. Unlike other people who have said that the office was full of people. My experience was opposite. The office was basically empty except for some employee . I can see it was meant for a mobile of people though. Anyways I had to do random test on a computer which I assume it was to test my competenc . It was easy. After that I sat down and wait in a empty room with dozens of chairs while a repeating Integrity video kept playing. I waited 30mins and I was finally called over to some lady who was very nice to me. She only asked me like one interview questions. Which I can't remember but it was something about how I manage my time or something like that. After that she asked me for proof of employment and high school diploma. She asked me to fill out some forms and she took my photo and told me there were no positions right now but I should call weekly and ask them if they have any available. I did this for like 2 months and finally given a start day.

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

The hiring and interview was very quick. I went in to the 3rd party staffing agency, did the online app, and within 20 minutes I was taking a drug test for the job and within the next hour we we're having orientation for the job in which I started 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions mainly because the online application pretty much too up most of my time. This being factory work, the whole process was fairly impersonal.   Answer Question