Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – This was a new building so it took about 3 months, 1st phone Interview, then Second interview at a local hotel lobby, at hotel they either walk you out the door or in to a conference room where you get a job offer. The key at this job safety safety safety!

Interview Question – strengths and weaknesses, how do you view safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for warehouse assoc. ! You are a dime a dozen. You get what the give.

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview was very quick. I went in to the 3rd party staffing agency, did the online app, and within 20 minutes I was taking a drug test for the job and within the next hour we we're having orientation for the job in which I started 4 days later.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions mainly because the online application pretty much too up most of my time. This being factory work, the whole process was fairly impersonal.   Answer Question

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Question – It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was a conversion hire from seasonal to permanent. I worked as a seasonal employee for 6 months and kept my rate above required and never earned any points against me. When they started the conversion process I received a letter to inform me that I was accepted and needed to go online to fill out the application before attending the question and answer session which included a background check and drug test. When the results from those tests came back satisfactory I received my orientation date and attended orientation where I filled out my paperwork to be converted over to amazon associate.

Interview Question – no questions, though background checks take longer for some than for others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

Interview Details – Online application with resume submission. Mass direct hire with identity verification and background check/drug test.

Interview Question – Tell us what you bring with you to the company and why Amazon should hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. My advice is ask about what the position entails.

Patterson, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – I first got a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. They asked me to tell them of three times I encountered some safety hazardous. And asked about my previous employment. After that they told me I was going to get an in person interview and I could schedule it online. The in person interview was not to hard. They ask all the same questions a retail employer would ask. also they dont care if you dont know how to use the machines they use. Everyone will be taught even if you already know.

Interview Question – have you ever worked with a dishonest employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Middletown, DE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online as a temp through ISS Agency and after I passed everything I was able to schedule an interview. I arrived and there were 6 stages. (You must have your ID, SS Card or similar documentation and GED/HS Diploma)
Stage 1: Sign in at desk
Stage 2: Go to a computer to enter your personal info.
Stage 3: Go to another computer and identify 20 products that were on a cardboard box. (its really easy, if you don't pass this, no interview)
Stage 4: Go to another computer and enter personal info again.
Stage 5: Look at some video about Amazon while you and others wait to be interviewed one-on-one
Stage 6: The actual interview; very simple. They ask why you want to work there, which position and shift you prefer. Give you a mouth swab for a drug test, perform a background check. If anything is available for your availability you will be given a Start Date, Shift, Position, Hourly Pay Info and Orientation Date.

PS: Apply early to get the shift that is best for you.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can not negotiate the pay rate. There were different shift options available and I was able to chose the most convenient shift for myself, but you can not pick your own hours, just the options they add (most were 4-Day 10hr shifts for overnight, day or afternoon)

Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hired direct upon company opening new building in October of 2011. Was time tested on skill to verify accuracy of items. If this was not passed in the allotted time you were excused and could only apply as a temp with Integrity Associates. After passing skill test there was a short interview followed by a drug test.

Interview Question – Can you work in a building that exceeds 90 degrees or more for 10 hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Given an award letter like others in the room. You could either accept it or reject. There was no negotiation.

Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – Application, Phone interview, then in and invitation to interview in person

Interview Question – general interview question none related to work being performed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none given take it or leave it

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – First was just a phone call/ interview. They asked a few background questions regarding my work experience. Then they asked for a one on one interview at the warehouse. This is where they asked a few personality question to see if I meet the amazon family quality. The interview here lead to the offer.

Interview Question – Are you able to work for more then ten hours in one day on a regular basis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just an offer take as is or not.