Ambarella Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
22 interviews

3.4

DFT Engineer () Interview

The interview last 40 min. They asked STA questions. The difference between DFT and Verification. Verilog questions. Design a simple filpflop. Actually, the interview is not difficult. They use whit board as a tool. We talked on phone and write it on the white board. The interviewer is very nice.

ASIC Verification Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ambarella in January 2014.

I applied online. Received an interview call 2 weeks later.
    I was informed that the position requires knowledge of computer architecture, digital design and C/C++. I was asked 1 question in each topic. 1 question on cache associativity, 1 question to design a circuit which outputs a pulse when an input flips, 1 question each on virtual functions and recursive functions (Factorial series).
    I was informed there would be a follow-up interview, but I was given the offer without the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Design a circuit which outputs a pulse when the input flips. The input is synchronous to a clock.   View Answer

Received a better offer elsewhere.

Intern Verification Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ambarella.

Email my resume online and got an phone interview after several weeks

Verification Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ambarella.

I applied online. It took me a week to get a phone interview. The position is Verification engineer. The interview lasted for half an hour. Nothing tricky, general circuit design and c language questions. Asked me to design a circuit giving the number and names of the inputs and outputs and the function to implement. Asked me to write a recursive function in c language.

Interview Questions
    • Design a circuit to generate a pulse whenever the input flips.   Answer Question

Digital Design Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ambarella.

3 phone interviews

Entry Level ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ambarella in September 2013.

two round short onsite.
    Second round is simple, all common ASIC interview questions.
    First round mainly about asynchronize fifo and a tricky latch decoder question.
    Failed in the first one but still got the second chance, got rejected after the second one although didn't make any mistake.

Summer Intern-Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ambarella in February 2013.

Submitted resume at the career fair, and then get e-mails to have phone interview. Three rounds of phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Basic circuit design and logic design question
      2. Basic verilog question (e.g. verilog module to swap 2 variables, 4-to-1 mux etc.)
      3. Write a verilog testbench module which generates 2 output signals:
          1) clock - at 1GHZ
          2) reset - asserted (1) for first 100 cycles and then deasserted (0)
      4. 8 entry FIFO module
      5. What are the 2 components of a chip power and how will you reduce each one?
        Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ambarella.

Submit resume during the career fair, and then get e-mails to have interview. Three rounds of phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • Detect the leading one in a sequence.
      Find the second smallest number in an array.
      Determine whether a infinite sequence is the multiple of 5.
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

On campus career fair submitted resume, phone interview. Totally technical, questions on clock skew/jitter, string detector, verilog data width and implementing gate with MUX

Interview Questions
    • Compare the advantage of shift register and FSM in implementing string detector   Answer Question

VLSI Design Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ambarella in February 2013.

Summit my application through career fair. 45mins Phone Interview. The interviewer talked about the company and asked my questions for 10mins. Question on FSM design of sequencial detector, such as 100011, and Verilog coding. How to find the second largest number in an array in C. Asked question on my project.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ambarella? Contribute to the Community!