Amber Road

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Software Engineer Interview

Support Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview Details – Right from the start, the support manager was friendly and open concerning the expectations of all employees. With each employee I interviewed with I found them to be very supportive of each other.

Interview Question – Had you ever performed upgrades/hotfixes on a system? What difficulties did you encounter during the process?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amber Road in December 2012.

Interview Details – There were three rounds for this position. The first round was about core java, the second on advanced java like design patterns and also on oracle. The third round was about analylicatal and logical understanding.

Interview Question – Finding why a page in an application was responding very slowly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate if you have a offer with you. If the interviews goes well you can negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amber Road in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got call from hyderabad cosultancy . I was interviewed on May 26 2014 . Technical round had very basic questions on Java , collections , oops concepts , sql queries.

Treeset v/s Hashset.
There is any array of string , sort it .

Find empid , emp manager query .

Interview Question – Java oops concept , comparable v/s comparator , treemap v/s hashmap , equals and hashcode .
Treeset v/s Hashset.
There is any array of string , sort it .

Find empid , emp manager query .
  Answer Question

Associate Trade Analyst Interview

Associate Trade Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amber Road in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview went well, there was a very supportive conversation with good questions. The written test though was not meant for people who are hired mainly because of the language skills and didn't have a background in trade. HR had some personal opinion and made to go through a second round of interviews. It worked out well at the end anyway.

Interview Question – After being hired and working for a few days HR informs that was against my employment because of the cultural difference. It was very discouraging to hear and unclear how it was supposed to improve things if indeed there was a valid concern.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amber Road in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1 st round : Technical , dnt except much if u r working on latest techaologies , these guys will ask ony questions related to servlets and jsps. bit core java.

2nd round : same but some in depth question , if u r working on latest technologies u will caught with those question u might get laugh also.

3round : This is managerial round , i this round only atleast u feel , u have not wasted ur time so far . they are asking some logical question in depth .

after completing 3rd round they asked me to wait , i waited for almost 1 hr , myself i asked 3 times what is the status , please tell so that i can leave for the day.

but they even care about this , after 1 hr they said , u can leave for the day , we wiil get back to you .

so far no results.

Very Easy Interview

International Trade Specialist Interview

International Trade Specialist
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amber Road in January 2009.

Interview Details – When my interview was set up with the relevant team, the HR seemed intent on not allowing the interview to be conducted. There were many delays, excuses and interview rounds completely irrelevant to the job role. 11 rounds in total without any kind of response. The strange thing is that the team I was joining was very happy with me and was waiting for me to join but the HR kept trying to insert hurdles.

Interview Question – There weren't any. Most of the questions and interview assignments seemed to be downloaded from the HR forums on the internet on the spot.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Having seen the behaviour of the HR and the disconnect between the actual team managers where they are at the mercy of one woman to be able to hire required personnel, I didn't think this type of environment is good for spending more than a 3rd of my day in even though the pay, the job role and the domain are enticing.

Worked for Amber Road? Contribute to the Community!