Amber Road

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.1

Support Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amber Road.

Right from the start, the support manager was friendly and open concerning the expectations of all employees. With each employee I interviewed with I found them to be very supportive of each other.

Interview Questions
    • Had you ever performed upgrades/hotfixes on a system? What difficulties did you encounter during the process?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amber Road in January 2012.

The interview process is fairly typical. First you are put through a phone screening followed by an in-person. This in-person interview will consist of your immediate boss, and a fellow technical consultant who will ask very general and EASY questions regarding experience and technical knowledge. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing for this position is what they are looking for. What you may think you lack in technical skill will be out-weighed in client facing abilities, and therefore being personable is a key for the process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy and straight forward process. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    Wiggle room for initial offer was ~10% increase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amber Road.

I definitely had an unforgettable interview experience with amber road. The interview process is very skillful. As I remember, there are 8 rounds of interview done. Off course, most of the rounds are done on Day-1. All rounds are F2F. The skill assessment process in the interviews is amazing. Its not easy for an average candidate to get through the process.

They look at strong basics. I believe the panel is more interested in knowing the candidates depth of skills.

Don't worry, most of the question are from the technologies that we have worked on.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the detailing. Its hard to explain this aspect. Even on the easiest question they analyze your detailing.   View Answer
    I dint have to negotiate, as I was offered what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amber Road in May 2014.

I got call from hyderabad cosultancy . I was interviewed on May 26 2014 . Technical round had very basic questions on Java , collections , oops concepts , sql queries.

Treeset v/s Hashset.
    There is any array of string , sort it .

Find empid , emp manager query .

Interview Questions
    • Java oops concept , comparable v/s comparator , treemap v/s hashmap , equals and hashcode .
      Treeset v/s Hashset.
      There is any array of string , sort it .

Find empid , emp manager query .

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amber Road in November 2013.

1 st round : Technical , dnt except much if u r working on latest techaologies , these guys will ask ony questions related to servlets and jsps. bit core java.

2nd round : same but some in depth question , if u r working on latest technologies u will caught with those question u might get laugh also.

3round : This is managerial round , i this round only atleast u feel , u have not wasted ur time so far . they are asking some logical question in depth .

after completing 3rd round they asked me to wait , i waited for almost 1 hr , myself i asked 3 times what is the status , please tell so that i can leave for the day.

but they even care about this , after 1 hr they said , u can leave for the day , we wiil get back to you .

so far no results.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amber Road in December 2012.

There were three rounds for this position. The first round was about core java, the second on advanced java like design patterns and also on oracle. The third round was about analylicatal and logical understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Finding why a page in an application was responding very slowly.   View Answer
    You can negotiate if you have a offer with you. If the interviews goes well you can negotiate.

Associate Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amber Road in March 2010.

Interview went well, there was a very supportive conversation with good questions. The written test though was not meant for people who are hired mainly because of the language skills and didn't have a background in trade. HR had some personal opinion and made to go through a second round of interviews. It worked out well at the end anyway.

Interview Questions
    • After being hired and working for a few days HR informs that was against my employment because of the cultural difference. It was very discouraging to hear and unclear how it was supposed to improve things if indeed there was a valid concern.   Answer Question

International Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amber Road in January 2009.

When my interview was set up with the relevant team, the HR seemed intent on not allowing the interview to be conducted. There were many delays, excuses and interview rounds completely irrelevant to the job role. 11 rounds in total without any kind of response. The strange thing is that the team I was joining was very happy with me and was waiting for me to join but the HR kept trying to insert hurdles.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Most of the questions and interview assignments seemed to be downloaded from the HR forums on the internet on the spot.   View Answer

Having seen the behaviour of the HR and the disconnect between the actual team managers where they are at the mercy of one woman to be able to hire required personnel, I didn't think this type of environment is good for spending more than a 3rd of my day in even though the pay, the job role and the domain are enticing.