Ambrose Employer Group, LLC Human Resources Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Associate Interview

Case study, phone screen with several current Associates, and then a Top Grading interview in person. Very sterile and formal in person interview, going back to details from high school.

Interview Questions
  • Asked questions about successes and challenges from high school. Can be challenging to pull specific examples from that far back.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ambrose Employer Group, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in September 2012.

Several rounds of interviews + case study

Interview Questions
    They would not budge on anything.

Human Resources Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC.

Completed a ridiculous case-study about someone needing help with their benefits. Common sense. They give you one hour to complete this...a little ambitious on their part. I heard back from them after about 5 days saying they wanted to move forward in the interview process.

Had an initial interview with someone from their Florida office. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a typical phone screen. I was invited to another interview in which I had a phone conference with 4 different interviewers from all over the country. Each person spoke to me for 30 minutes and asked me similar questions. I responded with the same answers for each individual. I know they use an interview technique called 'Top Grading' and it was apparent in the style and the questions each person asked me. A couple of the interviewers mentioned they were looking at 'question banks'. I thought it bizarre that they would share this with me and that they were so calculated.

They are extremely corporate and bureaucratic - it is evident in the manner in which I was interviewed and evident in their responses to my questions to them. Each person I spoke to was sipping on the corporate kool-aid.

They contacted me about a week after this interview to let me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to compromise your integrity in the work place?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in March 2010.

It is a rigorous hiring process because Ambrose "guards the front door". Only the best workers complete the interview process. We look for highly motivated, intelligent, and service oriented individuals who are dedicated to excellence, working hard humility, and respect. You will go through multiple stages of interviewing, but when you've finally made it, it feels great!

Interview Questions
    • How has your life from high school to present prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in September 2012.

-Initially contacted for a phone interview
    -After phone interview, waited 2-3 days and received the request for a second, in-person interview.
    -During the second round, actually interviewed with four different people, individually, in person, then had one more phone interview while at the interview site.
    -After all five interviews were over, was given a timed case study to complete which took about an hour
    -Waited about a week and received the request for a third round of interviews and was asked to complete Top Grading
    -During third round, went over Top Grading and met with the Director of the department and HR Generalist for the firm.
    -Offered the position about 2 weeks after the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • During the Top Grading, you have to literally go back to talk about your experiences from when you were in high school. No idea how this is relevant and was pretty surprising.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate - Asked for $5K more than the highest point in the range and got it.

Worked for Ambrose Employer Group, LLC? Contribute to the Community!