Ambrose Employer Group, LLC

www.ambrosegroup.com

Ambrose Employer Group, LLC Interview Questions

3.6

Human Resources Associate Interview

Case study, phone screen with several current Associates, and then a Top Grading interview in person. Very sterile and formal in person interview, going back to details from high school.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about successes and challenges from high school. Can be challenging to pull specific examples from that far back.   Answer Question

Client Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in December 2013.

The process was done quickly and efficiently in my opinion, from the time I applied to the initial contact was less than ten days. The first part of the process involved completing a relatively simple case study in a one hour period. The case study was very basic and it seemed they were just checking to see if you had a base knowledge of customer service skills and HR knowledge.

After about two weeks (there was a holiday in there), I was contacted for a phone interview. This in my opinion is where the process fell apart. The associate I was speaking with had the normal types of questions, i.e. strengths/weaknesses, etc. but presented them in a more constructed way by relating them to my past experience. The person I spoke with seemed new to the job and not entirely conformable or confident with the process.

My biggest complaint would have to be the answer that I got to my questions.
    Q. When are you looking to fill the position?
    A. Relatively soon. (Not helpful)

I was also disappointed with the answer I got about what the culture was like. This is really where I started to think that I was dealing with a new employee.

Interview Questions
    • For only completing the case study and one interview the most challenging part of the process was time management during the case study. Again it was pretty basic but there was a lot of information that you needed to communicate in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC.

Completed a ridiculous case-study about someone needing help with their benefits. Common sense. They give you one hour to complete this...a little ambitious on their part. I heard back from them after about 5 days saying they wanted to move forward in the interview process.

Had an initial interview with someone from their Florida office. Lasted about 30 minutes and was a typical phone screen. I was invited to another interview in which I had a phone conference with 4 different interviewers from all over the country. Each person spoke to me for 30 minutes and asked me similar questions. I responded with the same answers for each individual. I know they use an interview technique called 'Top Grading' and it was apparent in the style and the questions each person asked me. A couple of the interviewers mentioned they were looking at 'question banks'. I thought it bizarre that they would share this with me and that they were so calculated.

They are extremely corporate and bureaucratic - it is evident in the manner in which I was interviewed and evident in their responses to my questions to them. Each person I spoke to was sipping on the corporate kool-aid.

They contacted me about a week after this interview to let me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to compromise your integrity in the work place?   View Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in September 2012.

-Initially contacted for a phone interview
    -After phone interview, waited 2-3 days and received the request for a second, in-person interview.
    -During the second round, actually interviewed with four different people, individually, in person, then had one more phone interview while at the interview site.
    -After all five interviews were over, was given a timed case study to complete which took about an hour
    -Waited about a week and received the request for a third round of interviews and was asked to complete Top Grading
    -During third round, went over Top Grading and met with the Director of the department and HR Generalist for the firm.
    -Offered the position about 2 weeks after the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • During the Top Grading, you have to literally go back to talk about your experiences from when you were in high school. No idea how this is relevant and was pretty surprising.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate - Asked for $5K more than the highest point in the range and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in September 2012.

Several rounds of interviews + case study

Interview Questions
    They would not budge on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC in March 2010.

It is a rigorous hiring process because Ambrose "guards the front door". Only the best workers complete the interview process. We look for highly motivated, intelligent, and service oriented individuals who are dedicated to excellence, working hard humility, and respect. You will go through multiple stages of interviewing, but when you've finally made it, it feels great!

Interview Questions
    • How has your life from high school to present prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Junior Human Resources Client Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ambrose Employer Group, LLC.

Applied via LinkedIn. Then received an email to schedule a time to take a 1 hour long case study. Whatever time and date (could be after hours), you had 1 hour to complete it. I received the case study via email at 12 Noon and it you had to resolve an issue by writing to a client regarding their benefits. Then they ask you to create a cost analysis using Excel. I thought I did the tasks, but ended up not moving forward in the interview process. But after looking at the job description of the Jr. HR Client Associate, it's was a glorified middle person who would talk to either the Benefits Consultant or a higher up consultant.

Interview Questions
    • If you know how to handle a customer who is complaining about their benefits not kicking in and then wanting to know if they switched insurance how much it would cost the company, then I think you can do well.   Answer Question