Amdocs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – It normally starts with written test which includes apptitiude, C++, java, unix and sql. Then interview which normally has series of questions on Java, unix and sql. Then a round of HR.

Interview Question – These were general questions like software engineering terms, normal java questions, unix and sql questions   Answer Question

SME Test Interview

SME Test
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Most Important Round --Aptitude Test :: Comprises of Quant , English , SQL , UNIX and Testing sections
Technical Interview 1 :: Panel of two people . Asks few Testing , unix and sql queries Questions .. Not at all difficult.

Technical Interview 2 :: Panel of two people (Project Managers) :: They generally start with easy questions and then gets into Testing practices and all . Checks your way of solving the problems . Dont bluff here they are too experienced .

Final Round is HR Round :: Package discussion

Interview Question – They dont ask much difficult questions . Clearing the Aptitude test increases the chances of selection by 70%.
Best of luck Stay positive .
  Answer Question

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2010.

Interview Details – Test, technical round, hiring manager round
interview starts with puzzles then they go into architecture part of the project that you do. also programming is being asked
Then HR takes the final round of interview to offer.

Interview Question – puzzles   Answer Question

SME Interview

SME
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially had a written test consisting for 5 section i.e Quant + Reasoning, English Comprehensions, SQL, LINUX, and the last section depends on the profile you are applying for.
Two round of technical interviews.Very Very knowledgeable interviewer.

Interview Question – Interviewers were twisting every bit of concepts I have learned, so be ready for the conceptual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is non-negotiable, but they offer a better CTC

Programming Subject Matter Expert Interview

Programming Subject Matter Expert
Indore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2014.

Interview Details – Written Test -> 2 Technical Interview -> HR

Interview Question – Every question was simple and expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Senior Subject Matter Expert
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had total 4 rounds of interview

1 & 2 - Skills interview, by managers. In this process, they have concentrated on the major problems they are facing in the existing product and were seeking the solutions for the same from me. Sounded very interesting and challenging

4 - HR & Negotiation round

Interview Question – 3 - aptitude round. this was to my surprise. they never intimated this in before hand   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went good. They are extremely reasonable in my case.

SSME Interview

SSME
Pune (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Interview process consist of written test, technical interview and then HR interview. Written test was easy. Question comprises of SQL, Core Java, Unix, Aptitude, Attention to Details etc. Afterwards there was technical interview which comprises of basic core java questions, design patterns, collections, sql queries, mutithreading, EJBs, Servlets etc. They discussed deeply my current project also.

Interview Question – I found interview process rather very easy. So there was no as such difficult quesion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HR people of the company was very rude and pathetic. Sorry to say this but they even dont know how to deal with people which is basically part of their job. They very rudely offer lesser amount than what you expected and when you decline their offer then they start misbehaving with you. They think themselves no less than Google or facebook. I am happy for not joining company like this where public dealing of HR is so pathetic and bad.

SME (Trainee) Interview

SME (Trainee)
Indore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2014.

Interview Details – Written test consists of 25 Verbal ques in 25 mins, 16 aptitude ques in 16 mins , 14 logical reasoning in 14 mins. Apart from this it consists of 2 Programming ques, you can code in C/C++/java. Then there is technical section which consists of 40 ques in 40 mins.
out of around 300 students 88 cleared written.
Now the interviews are scheduled after 8 days.
Interview Day:
First of all there was pre placement talk. they talked about company, employees, profile etc etc
Then the interview process starts. As i entered the room he asked me about my resume. I gave him.
Interviewer- Introduce Yourself?
Me- told!
Interviewer- Tell me about your EMC Corporation Certification?
(As I am EMC Certified Academic Associate in Cloud Infrastructure and Services)
Me- told! explained Cloud Computing from the basics! also explained IaaS, Paas, Saas with examples.
Interviewer-what do you know about Hadoop?
Me- told (I didnt know much about hadoop but i somehow managed to get out of it using explanations about File System )
Then he asked me about C. Memory leakage, pointers, garbage collection. I answered everything with full confidence. Then he wrote a C++ program and asked me to explain it. It was program of function overriding. I explained him correctly. He then asked about Polymorphism, Function overloading and abstract class. I explained him everything with confidence. He was impressed by me :)
Then he asked me about my Project then basic SQL queries and then He told me to insert values from on table to another. As i was unable to recall it at that moment but out of it i told him that Sir i can give it a try and can write it in given time frame. Then he said no need to write.
Now there comes the most unexpected part of interview. He asked me about VENN DIAGRAM.
Fortunately i am good at Set Theory .And i solved the ques that he has given!!
Then he told me that we are done with interview and wait outside for results . After 15 min I got a call for HR Interview.
Lady HR- How are u? Have a seat!
Me-gud evening maam.. i am absolutely alright thank you
HR- Introduce yourself?
Me- told
HR- tell about EMC Certification?
Me- told
HR- strengths and weaknesses?
Me- told!
then she started to fill a form and questioning me like a rapid fire regarding the education and family background , Native Place, and some YES/NO type ques regarding company . She has also asked me about "any offer in hand' I told her that I am placed at Cognizant. (No expressions on her face ;))
Then she told me to wait outside for results!
Results came out and luckily i was among the 42 students who got placed!

Interview Question – Explain Hadoop?
And in HR "Do you have any other offer in hand"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have asked it from my seniors that weather i should join Amdocs or Cognizant. Everyone told me that you should go with Amdocs. Cognizant is better but Amdocs is good for onsite and work culture.

SME Trainee Interview

SME Trainee
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to apply for Amdocs from AMCAT.
There was an online test on 2nd Jan 2014 which consisted of MCQs on JAVA/C/C++, Unix, SQL, Apti, Quant and Verbal.
Then I go a call for intervew which was on 15th Jan,
Interview consisted of questions like,
Tell us about yourself.
Why do you want to join Amdocs
Then few questions about Java and C,
They asked me to write some programs in Java and C and I did.
Then asked few basic SQL Queries and Basic Unix commands. and I was selected.
Bu unfortunately they lied about he job profile they are putting me into, Instead of putting me in T3 Application Support which is Semi Technical, They placed me in a non Technical T2 support which has nothing to do with neither, Java and C, nor Unix and SQL.
Thinking about changing job just after 3 months.

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Senior Subject Matter Expert
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2012.

Interview Details – Well defined process and very clear.

Interview Question – Few technical questions however if you know it is not tough   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated much as it was upto expectation

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!