Amdocs Interview Questions

3.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Amdocs in June 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn. Phone call with recruiter. Invited to face-to-face interview with hiring manager who not available when I arrived. Interview is currently pending based on unclear status with regards to personenl budget .

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amdocs in October 2010.

Phone interview only technical questions relavent for performing the job. There were couple of scenario based questions as well. All in all it went smooth. It took 2 weeks to hear back from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter declined to increase offer

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amdocs in July 2011.

Initial screening on phone . 2-3 technical interviews includes unix , dataware housing , ETL tools. All the interviews rounds were face to face . The interview questions were easy and basic level.

Infrastructure Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amdocs in December 2013.

Technical roudup.
    team and collaboration.
    new initiatives - new technologies, new ventures ideas, solutions handling, solutions gathering. Major problem solving tactics. Involvement in training, planning and execution of projects. Doing Role play and role model.
    Different Business Models, Managerial models known and practiced. Project Management.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not very supportive but basics are ok. Salary raise is supposed to be more attractive as per the city requirements.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amdocs.

Hiring process was quick and easy. Interviewed with only one person. Received job offer after one interview. All within one week. Hiring manager was fantastic. Accepted the job because of his personality alone.

N/a

Systems Analyst Interview

Process took 6 weeks. From applying, interviews, to background checks. Very slow and sometimes I was left wondering

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs.

Hiring was done by my to be manager, he was sharp looking along with his peer. He asked me relevant questions about my back ground and I gave him the answers he was looking. In two days he came back with an offer. No dramas. Their questions are simple and straight forward. If you get it wrong, then you don't qualify basic requirement. They will move to next candidate.

No chance to negotiate

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs.

Phone interview, On-site

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2009.

After the initial HR screening and background info I was asked to come in for a written test. The written test was nicely crafted with 4 sections (Aptitude, Comprehension, Unix, SQL) and one programing language of your choice (I chose C++). It was difficult test with 15-20 questions in each section. After the test they told me that they will get back to me after the get the results from system with relative score. After 2 days i got the call again by the HR and they asked for in-person interview.

There were 3 people in interview, they asked questions from Unix/RDBMS/C++/C and some OOP's concept. Questions were moderate to difficult in nature and mostly they wanted to see programing aptitude in Unix based large enterprise application. Concepts of Unix, like debugging a program at run-time with GDB, system behavior and kernel parameters.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a program in C++ to demonstrate function overloading and overriding.

Questions on virtual pointer table and its use in run-time binding.

Few questions in data-structure and time/space complexity of few sorting algorithm.

Calling C or Java program/methods from C++ source.

Some questions on the compilation/linking with GCC and creation of static/dynamic libs on unix.
        Answer Question
    Based on your performance on the interview if you think you fared well then you can negotiate at least 10%, they usually give you good offer but it is worth negotiating few extra bucks. If you have strong domain match (like experience with Telecom domain BSS,OSS,OMS) then you have strong chance of getting better offer.

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2012.

There was a quick phone screen and then an on-side interview. I spoke for about an hour with two directors and one manager. The questions were mostly addressing my history and what I wanted out of a job. They asked what my level of interest in various technologies was, and whether or not I felt okay with occasional on-call support.

The negotiation was very much a "take it or leave it", and then they required me to take a drug screen and a credit check. This is the first job I have ever had to take a drug screen for, it seemed inappropriate.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!