Amdocs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Infrastructure Manager Interview

Infrastructure Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amdocs in December 2013.

Interview Details – Technical roudup.
team and collaboration.
new initiatives - new technologies, new ventures ideas, solutions handling, solutions gathering. Major problem solving tactics. Involvement in training, planning and execution of projects. Doing Role play and role model.
Different Business Models, Managerial models known and practiced. Project Management.

Interview Question – Technical questions are somewhat deep   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not very supportive but basics are ok. Salary raise is supposed to be more attractive as per the city requirements.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quick and easy. Interviewed with only one person. Received job offer after one interview. All within one week. Hiring manager was fantastic. Accepted the job because of his personality alone.

Negotiation Details – N/a

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – Process took 6 weeks. From applying, interviews, to background checks. Very slow and sometimes I was left wondering

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult at all. Basic review of skills   Answer Question

SME Interview

SME

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Hiring was done by my to be manager, he was sharp looking along with his peer. He asked me relevant questions about my back ground and I gave him the answers he was looking. In two days he came back with an offer. No dramas. Their questions are simple and straight forward. If you get it wrong, then you don't qualify basic requirement. They will move to next candidate.

Negotiation Details – No chance to negotiate

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Phone interview, On-site

Interview Question – i was asked to create a proposal on the fly   Answer Question

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2009.

Interview Details – After the initial HR screening and background info I was asked to come in for a written test. The written test was nicely crafted with 4 sections (Aptitude, Comprehension, Unix, SQL) and one programing language of your choice (I chose C++). It was difficult test with 15-20 questions in each section. After the test they told me that they will get back to me after the get the results from system with relative score. After 2 days i got the call again by the HR and they asked for in-person interview.

There were 3 people in interview, they asked questions from Unix/RDBMS/C++/C and some OOP's concept. Questions were moderate to difficult in nature and mostly they wanted to see programing aptitude in Unix based large enterprise application. Concepts of Unix, like debugging a program at run-time with GDB, system behavior and kernel parameters.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a program in C++ to demonstrate function overloading and overriding.

Questions on virtual pointer table and its use in run-time binding.

Few questions in data-structure and time/space complexity of few sorting algorithm.

Calling C or Java program/methods from C++ source.

Some questions on the compilation/linking with GCC and creation of static/dynamic libs on unix.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on your performance on the interview if you think you fared well then you can negotiate at least 10%, they usually give you good offer but it is worth negotiating few extra bucks. If you have strong domain match (like experience with Telecom domain BSS,OSS,OMS) then you have strong chance of getting better offer.

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Senior Subject Matter Expert
Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was a quick phone screen and then an on-side interview. I spoke for about an hour with two directors and one manager. The questions were mostly addressing my history and what I wanted out of a job. They asked what my level of interest in various technologies was, and whether or not I felt okay with occasional on-call support.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very much a "take it or leave it", and then they required me to take a drug screen and a credit check. This is the first job I have ever had to take a drug screen for, it seemed inappropriate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs in December 2009.

Interview Details – Came in spoke to 3 people got the job the same day.

Negotiation Details – I gave them a number, they were going to bring me in as a temp, I said no thanks, they called be back a few hours later with what I wanted exactly, should have asked for more.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Software Developer Engineer

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – Campus Interview - Questions were
1. My internship related
2. Find a bug in C code
3. Why a particular algorithm is better

Manager asked questions about experience and if I can work long hours.
Hiring was quick

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – My position was outsourced to Amdocs. No interview needed, merely accepted their offer.

Negotiation Details – I kept my original salary once transitioned.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!