Amdocs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – Process took 6 weeks. From applying, interviews, to background checks. Very slow and sometimes I was left wondering

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult at all. Basic review of skills   Answer Question

SME Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Hiring was done by my to be manager, he was sharp looking along with his peer. He asked me relevant questions about my back ground and I gave him the answers he was looking. In two days he came back with an offer. No dramas. Their questions are simple and straight forward. If you get it wrong, then you don't qualify basic requirement. They will move to next candidate.

Negotiation Details – No chance to negotiate

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Phone interview, On-site

Interview Question – i was asked to create a proposal on the fly   Answer Question

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2009.

Interview Details – After the initial HR screening and background info I was asked to come in for a written test. The written test was nicely crafted with 4 sections (Aptitude, Comprehension, Unix, SQL) and one programing language of your choice (I chose C++). It was difficult test with 15-20 questions in each section. After the test they told me that they will get back to me after the get the results from system with relative score. After 2 days i got the call again by the HR and they asked for in-person interview.

There were 3 people in interview, they asked questions from Unix/RDBMS/C++/C and some OOP's concept. Questions were moderate to difficult in nature and mostly they wanted to see programing aptitude in Unix based large enterprise application. Concepts of Unix, like debugging a program at run-time with GDB, system behavior and kernel parameters.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a program in C++ to demonstrate function overloading and overriding.

Questions on virtual pointer table and its use in run-time binding.

Few questions in data-structure and time/space complexity of few sorting algorithm.

Calling C or Java program/methods from C++ source.

Some questions on the compilation/linking with GCC and creation of static/dynamic libs on unix.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on your performance on the interview if you think you fared well then you can negotiate at least 10%, they usually give you good offer but it is worth negotiating few extra bucks. If you have strong domain match (like experience with Telecom domain BSS,OSS,OMS) then you have strong chance of getting better offer.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Software Developer Engineer

Interview Details – Campus Interview - Questions were
1. My internship related
2. Find a bug in C code
3. Why a particular algorithm is better

Manager asked questions about experience and if I can work long hours.
Hiring was quick

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – My position was outsourced to Amdocs. No interview needed, merely accepted their offer.

Negotiation Details – I kept my original salary once transitioned.

Consulting Director Interview

Consulting Director
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in September 2010.

Interview Details – two telephone interviews, one visit to NJ offices

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed

SSME Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy, it appeared they wanted to take people for billing from AT&T.
HR process is very slow and took more than a month to roll out offer.

Interview Question – it was easy, they wanted to know billing understanding   Answer Question

Architect Expert Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – There was no interview / hiring process. We were outsourced from AT&T. The options were to come to Amdocs, or Not. If you choose Not, then you give up the prospect of meeting a date where you would become retirement eligible from AT&T. (would not be able to collect retirement benefits- unless Amdocs laid us off) So we really did not have a choice. Amdocs did lay off more than 1/2 the people in our group one year later.

Interview Question – was offered the same position that we were in before being outsourced. There was no one on one face to face contact   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – they paid exactly what we were making. But the bonuses have been much smaller than what AT&T paid.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert

Interview Details – Campus Interview - Questions were
1. My internship related
2. Search Algorithm.
Why a particular algorithm is better in a specific scenario.

Second Round:
HR Interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. It was the same offer for everyone

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amdocs

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amdocs interview questions and advice. All 159 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amdocs employees and interview candidates.