Amdocs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Director Interview

Consulting Director
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in September 2010.

Interview Details – two telephone interviews, one visit to NJ offices

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed

SSME

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy, it appeared they wanted to take people for billing from AT&T.
HR process is very slow and took more than a month to roll out offer.

Interview Question – it was easy, they wanted to know billing understanding   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2011.

Interview Details – One or two technical interviews. Simple questions on Java. They don't work on cutting edge stuff nor do they ask anything cutting edge. Java for Dummies should be good enough to prepare.

SME Interview

SME

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – Met them in Career Fair on Campus. I was contacted by a recruiter and asked for a phone interview. Phone Interview was simple. Next I was called on site.

On site was fun, people were kind and good. There was 4 rounds on site. I was asked a few programming questions to write on board. Another question was like designing a system with functions to implement.

Interview Question – Designing system by writing class diagrams and methods. Next making changes to existing classes for implementing new features.   Answer Question

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amdocs in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring happend in my college. First was a test which was fairly easy. then a small technical round where they asked me some swap function difference between java and c++ and some data base query depending on my project. Second round was a group discussion on social netwoking.All this was in 2009

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected it was easy   Answer Question

Architect Expert Interview

Architect Expert
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview Details – There was no interview / hiring process. We were outsourced from AT&T. The options were to come to Amdocs, or Not. If you choose Not, then you give up the prospect of meeting a date where you would become retirement eligible from AT&T. (would not be able to collect retirement benefits- unless Amdocs laid us off) So we really did not have a choice. Amdocs did lay off more than 1/2 the people in our group one year later.

Interview Question – was offered the same position that we were in before being outsourced. There was no one on one face to face contact   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – they paid exactly what we were making. But the bonuses have been much smaller than what AT&T paid.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert

Interviewed at Amdocs

Interview Details – Campus Interview - Questions were
1. My internship related
2. Search Algorithm.
Why a particular algorithm is better in a specific scenario.

Second Round:
HR Interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. It was the same offer for everyone

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in October 2010.

Interview Details – you need an internal reference to get in easily.
Most of the employess aslo relocate.

Negotiation Details – they will give the market going rate. nothing unpredictable

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2008.

Interview Details – 3 Round interview. First round HR contact that set up initial interview. Next interview Manager who asked questions about experience and if team oriented and work long hours.
Hiring was quick and they used an online web HR to get all the benefits set up.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging aspect of my current job   Answer Question

Director Data Warehousing Interview

Director Data Warehousing
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2012.

Interview Details – Typical HR screen telephone interview followed by out of country manager calling and reviewing qualifications. Next was a one-on-one interview with the "local" manager and a presentation to a panel of involved parties. Lastly a phone interview with the Sales VP.

Data Warehousing (DW) is a new focus for AMDOCS and they were looking a new sales reps to go back into existing telco clients and sell their services. Challenge is AMDOCS doesn't really understand what the product or service they want to sell is, and thus the value proposition is something you have to extrapolate for each client. My opinion is they AMDOCS has solid knowledge of the back office and Ops side of the telco business, but doesn't know how to frame their DW solution by anything but EIS and reporting.

Like lots of consulting organization this office seemed to be culturally diverse with a heavy percentage of Asians and middle easterners (cheap green card labor?) who seemed to have limited interactions with their cube mates

Interview Question – With a long history in the DW market there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer