Amdocs

3.1

Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amdocs in September 2010.

two telephone interviews, one visit to NJ offices

no negotiation allowed

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amdocs in December 2009.

The initial communication was pleasant and courteous as I had been referred by an employee of the company. I corresponded most with the HR Admin, who scheduled the phone and in-person interviews. I did a phone interview with a manager who asked questions mostly about my work history. She was very receptive and helpful in answering questions I had about the position and the company. I then came in for in-person one-on-one interviews with three employees as well as an Excel test and written skills test. The process took three hours, and I was scheduled for another interview with additional employees because key people were out of town. I came in a second time to interview time with another manager who asked tougher questions than the previous three I initially interviewed with. One question in particular was open-ended: "Tell me how you would handle a 4-week project..." The interviewer gauged how I handled stress, responsibility, teamwork, and handling a big workload. I was to interview with another key employee that day, but it was canceled after my first interview of the day. The work culture seemed to be high-paced and professional, and they are meticulous in bringing new people in, making sure they fit like they were meant to work there according to work history, education, personality, and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can handle the workload of this position when you haven't had the experience handling such a workload?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amdocs in December 2009.

Came in spoke to 3 people got the job the same day.

I gave them a number, they were going to bring me in as a temp, I said no thanks, they called be back a few hours later with what I wanted exactly, should have asked for more.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amdocs in August 2009.

I'm speaking about the Seattle office, former QPass!!!

The first of all I got a phone interview, on the beginning some simple questions after that some more difficult. For example: we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.

After 7 days I got a F2F interview. Very polite and friendly - I was impressed: it was not an interview; it was more likely just technical conversations with friends. 7 persons, 45 min with each other, 30 min lunch break, but I was not tired at all.

Pretty smart questions, did not ask API or something like that, one guy asked some tricky API questions that's it. All others would like to take a look how you are thinking. For example: create a date model according entities, or extend application for improving performance etc.

So I cannot say was it difficult or not: there were not only answers for these questions.

The office. They work in not big rooms, 5-8 guys for each. I prefer cubicles, but it's just my point of view.

The rate: 45 USD/H. Not so big, it's less then in Vancouver, BC, Canada (I’m from there) and much less then in Toronto, ON, Canada or Calgary, Edmonton, AB, Canada. I don't know why, probably now the job market is pretty slow and they try to hire for small money.

One more thing: they said they don't have interviews with more than one person on the same time, or they like a candidate and hire him or try next one. Unfortunately they did like me. Probably it's just because I'm from Canada and they did not trust I'm going to work for them for a long time. It seems to be they hire for a contract and after that hire as employee. Probably they had another concern, I don't know.

But anyway I would like to work for them, I was pretty sad when they rejected me.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.   View Answer
    • Extend application for improving performance   View Answer

Subject Matter Expert Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amdocs in July 2009.

Hiring happend in my college. First was a test which was fairly easy. then a small technical round where they asked me some swap function difference between java and c++ and some data base query depending on my project. Second round was a group discussion on social netwoking.All this was in 2009

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amdocs in May 2009.

The interviews were pretty easy - there was a mix of questions on technical ability, behavioral and leadership qualities. After clearing the first stage on-campus, I was invited to their office at Alpharetta for a tete-a-tete with a VP. They sent out the offer a couple of days after that.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate aggressively! Their initial offer was on the lower side but I was able to revise my offer upwards by almost 20%. It also helped that I had a good recruiter taking care of the entire process.

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amdocs in April 2009.

After the initial HR screening and background info I was asked to come in for a written test. The written test was nicely crafted with 4 sections (Aptitude, Comprehension, Unix, SQL) and one programing language of your choice (I chose C++). It was difficult test with 15-20 questions in each section. After the test they told me that they will get back to me after the get the results from system with relative score. After 2 days i got the call again by the HR and they asked for in-person interview.

There were 3 people in interview, they asked questions from Unix/RDBMS/C++/C and some OOP's concept. Questions were moderate to difficult in nature and mostly they wanted to see programing aptitude in Unix based large enterprise application. Concepts of Unix, like debugging a program at run-time with GDB, system behavior and kernel parameters.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a program in C++ to demonstrate function overloading and overriding.

Questions on virtual pointer table and its use in run-time binding.

Few questions in data-structure and time/space complexity of few sorting algorithm.

Calling C or Java program/methods from C++ source.

Some questions on the compilation/linking with GCC and creation of static/dynamic libs on unix.

Answer Question
    Based on your performance on the interview if you think you fared well then you can negotiate at least 10%, they usually give you good offer but it is worth negotiating few extra bucks. If you have strong domain match (like experience with Telecom domain BSS,OSS,OMS) then you have strong chance of getting better offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amdocs in May 2008.

Spend to much efforts to solve all IQ tests, technical tests. The overall interview took the whole day in the office. The position requirements much higher then work assigned

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amdocs in April 2008.

3 Round interview. First round HR contact that set up initial interview. Next interview Manager who asked questions about experience and if team oriented and work long hours.
    Hiring was quick and they used an online web HR to get all the benefits set up.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging aspect of my current job   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amdocs in May 2007.

Hiring was smooth, technical interviews with multiple people. Reasonably smart folks.

Interview Questions
    Amdocs is conservative. Best it to negotiate package at start and not expect much after that. Based on need.