Amdocs

Very Easy Interview

SSME Interview

SSME
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in October 2010.

Interview Details – you need an internal reference to get in easily.
Most of the employess aslo relocate.

Negotiation Details – they will give the market going rate. nothing unpredictable

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in April 2008.

Interview Details – 3 Round interview. First round HR contact that set up initial interview. Next interview Manager who asked questions about experience and if team oriented and work long hours.
Hiring was quick and they used an online web HR to get all the benefits set up.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging aspect of my current job   Answer Question

Director Data Warehousing Interview

Director Data Warehousing
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in January 2012.

Interview Details – Typical HR screen telephone interview followed by out of country manager calling and reviewing qualifications. Next was a one-on-one interview with the "local" manager and a presentation to a panel of involved parties. Lastly a phone interview with the Sales VP.

Data Warehousing (DW) is a new focus for AMDOCS and they were looking a new sales reps to go back into existing telco clients and sell their services. Challenge is AMDOCS doesn't really understand what the product or service they want to sell is, and thus the value proposition is something you have to extrapolate for each client. My opinion is they AMDOCS has solid knowledge of the back office and Ops side of the telco business, but doesn't know how to frame their DW solution by anything but EIS and reporting.

Like lots of consulting organization this office seemed to be culturally diverse with a heavy percentage of Asians and middle easterners (cheap green card labor?) who seemed to have limited interactions with their cube mates

Interview Question – With a long history in the DW market there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Release Engineer Interview

Release Engineer
El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by a phone inteview with the hiring manager.
On site interview with 6 team members
Phone interview with executive.

Interview process was very positive. Easy to talk with. Non-threatening. The work environment is chaotic but exciting. A lot of activity.

Interview Question – How would you list all the files newer than yesterday?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I am in process. I made a counter offer but have not heard back yet. There initial offer I felt was low.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amdocs in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interviews were pretty easy - there was a mix of questions on technical ability, behavioral and leadership qualities. After clearing the first stage on-campus, I was invited to their office at Alpharetta for a tete-a-tete with a VP. They sent out the offer a couple of days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiate aggressively! Their initial offer was on the lower side but I was able to revise my offer upwards by almost 20%. It also helped that I had a good recruiter taking care of the entire process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs in May 2008.

Interview Details – Spend to much efforts to solve all IQ tests, technical tests. The overall interview took the whole day in the office. The position requirements much higher then work assigned

Interview Question – programming skills   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Billing Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in December 2009.

Interview Details – The initial communication was pleasant and courteous as I had been referred by an employee of the company. I corresponded most with the HR Admin, who scheduled the phone and in-person interviews. I did a phone interview with a manager who asked questions mostly about my work history. She was very receptive and helpful in answering questions I had about the position and the company. I then came in for in-person one-on-one interviews with three employees as well as an Excel test and written skills test. The process took three hours, and I was scheduled for another interview with additional employees because key people were out of town. I came in a second time to interview time with another manager who asked tougher questions than the previous three I initially interviewed with. One question in particular was open-ended: "Tell me how you would handle a 4-week project..." The interviewer gauged how I handled stress, responsibility, teamwork, and handling a big workload. I was to interview with another key employee that day, but it was canceled after my first interview of the day. The work culture seemed to be high-paced and professional, and they are meticulous in bringing new people in, making sure they fit like they were meant to work there according to work history, education, personality, and work ethic.

Interview Question – How do you think you can handle the workload of this position when you haven't had the experience handling such a workload?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amdocs in May 2007.

Interview Details – Hiring was smooth, technical interviews with multiple people. Reasonably smart folks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Amdocs is conservative. Best it to negotiate package at start and not expect much after that. Based on need.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amdocs in August 2009.

Interview Details – I'm speaking about the Seattle office, former QPass!!!

The first of all I got a phone interview, on the beginning some simple questions after that some more difficult. For example: we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.

After 7 days I got a F2F interview. Very polite and friendly - I was impressed: it was not an interview; it was more likely just technical conversations with friends. 7 persons, 45 min with each other, 30 min lunch break, but I was not tired at all.

Pretty smart questions, did not ask API or something like that, one guy asked some tricky API questions that's it. All others would like to take a look how you are thinking. For example: create a date model according entities, or extend application for improving performance etc.

So I cannot say was it difficult or not: there were not only answers for these questions.

The office. They work in not big rooms, 5-8 guys for each. I prefer cubicles, but it's just my point of view.

The rate: 45 USD/H. Not so big, it's less then in Vancouver, BC, Canada (I’m from there) and much less then in Toronto, ON, Canada or Calgary, Edmonton, AB, Canada. I don't know why, probably now the job market is pretty slow and they try to hire for small money.

One more thing: they said they don't have interviews with more than one person on the same time, or they like a candidate and hire him or try next one. Unfortunately they did like me. Probably it's just because I'm from Canada and they did not trust I'm going to work for them for a long time. It seems to be they hire for a contract and after that hire as employee. Probably they had another concern, I don't know.

But anyway I would like to work for them, I was pretty sad when they rejected me.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.   View Answer
  • Extend application for improving performance   View Answer

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Subject Matter Expert
Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amdocs in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of firstly aptitude test in C, C++ or Java. On clearing that round, there was a technical round and we were asked bunch of questions on programming and on our current project.
In the end there was a HR round where personal interview was taken by the HR

Interview Question – How will you try to implement your current college project/work if Amdocs gives you an opportunity   Answer Question