Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.5

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX).

Interview

I met with HR first and then met with two different process engineers (not together, but one after the other). It was a face to face interview with behavioral questions and technical questions. The technical questions ranged from thermodynamics to fluid flow and mass transfer. You should definitely review thermodynamics if its been a while.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      They asked a lot of technical questions about thermodynamics, fluid flow through a pipe and an distillation column.

Answer Question

Senior Civil/Geo-technical Eng/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Elko, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with person in Montreal. Had to reschedule the interview twice due to their inability to convert EST to PST or read the email with the instructions on it.
    Interviewer did not talk about AMEC at all. I had to offer up why I am good for this position because no questions ever went in that direction.
    Not much give and take. Very one sided. Did not ask me if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate?   1 Answer
    • What was your 1st job out of college and what were your responsibilities?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were courageous in your job.   1 Answer
    • Describe how you exercised humility in the workplace.   1 Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Chantilly, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I scheduled an interview and had the option of doing an in-person interview or a phone interview depending on my availability. I chose in-person since the office was located near where I was at the time so I drove to the office where I was escorted inside by someone who was not doing my interview into a conference room. There she went over the company a little and then afterwards, the hiring manager came in and conducted the interview and afterwards, he escorted me out of the office.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They gave all the candidates lunch during which they held a presentation about the company. Then they interviewed candidates one at a time in a one on one interview. General questions. Tell me about a time when... Interviewer was pleasant and spoke openly about the work environment in the company.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Portland, OR).

Interview

Submitted resume and got a call back months later. Did a quick, unscheduled phone interview, then came in for a panel interview soon after. Got an informal offer by phone the same day, a formal offer letter several days later, and began work in less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about specific experience. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Na

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauge interest in the company. Follow-up in-person interview in the office. Met with 7 different staff members, some junior and some senior level. Lunch break with one of the senior staff members. Everyone was very helpful and genuinely interested in my background.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly just asking about background and interest in the industry.   Answer Question

Technical Professional III Interview

Interview

One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question