Amec Foster Wheeler

2.4

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

I met with HR first and then met with two different process engineers (not together, but one after the other). It was a face to face interview with behavioral questions and technical questions. The technical questions ranged from thermodynamics to fluid flow and mass transfer. You should definitely review thermodynamics if its been a while.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      They asked a lot of technical questions about thermodynamics, fluid flow through a pipe and an distillation column.

Answer Question

Senior Civil/Geo-technical Eng/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in February 2015.

Phone interview with person in Montreal. Had to reschedule the interview twice due to their inability to convert EST to PST or read the email with the instructions on it.
    Interviewer did not talk about AMEC at all. I had to offer up why I am good for this position because no questions ever went in that direction.
    Not much give and take. Very one sided. Did not ask me if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions
    • What year did you graduate?   View Answer
    • What was your 1st job out of college and what were your responsibilities?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you were courageous in your job.   View Answer
    • Describe how you exercised humility in the workplace.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Submitted resume and got a call back months later. Did a quick, unscheduled phone interview, then came in for a panel interview soon after. Got an informal offer by phone the same day, a formal offer letter several days later, and began work in less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about specific experience. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    Na

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in August 2014.

Initial phone interview to gauge interest in the company. Follow-up in-person interview in the office. Met with 7 different staff members, some junior and some senior level. Lunch break with one of the senior staff members. Everyone was very helpful and genuinely interested in my background.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly just asking about background and interest in the industry.   Answer Question

Technical Professional III Interview

One in person interview with 3 Senior Managers

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible but not very impressive

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in March 2014.

I talked with 3 senior managers and 3 peer employees. The interview went for almost 4 hours. Very relax, no hard questions. Mostly only introducing each project and asking general questions about my resume.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Position not advertised. The company called me from my reputation and projects I had worked on.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

2 interviews with the department Principal and PM. Basic questions about experience and professional goals. More focus on if I was a good fit for the organization. It's been many years since the interview. I don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. 10 minutes with the HR director. Little room for negotiation, but their initial offer exceeded my wants..

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Visit office, interview with senior staff members, discuss salary requirements

Interview Questions
    • WHat did you not like about your previous employer; what is your required salary   Answer Question
    Offer letter issued; requested revisions by applicant; minor revisions with minimal adjustment to salary offer.