Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

Safety Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

They called on phone to set up an in-person interview. Met the supervisor a few days later and chatted with her and filled out the official application. Was called about a week later to clarify some information (DL#). 2 weeks after that I was called and offered the job. I started 2 weeks later. So about 1 month for the whole process.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX).

Interview

I met with HR first and then met with two different process engineers (not together, but one after the other). It was a face to face interview with behavioral questions and technical questions. The technical questions ranged from thermodynamics to fluid flow and mass transfer. You should definitely review thermodynamics if its been a while.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? They asked a lot of technical questions about thermodynamics, fluid flow through a pipe and an distillation column.   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Chantilly, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I scheduled an interview and had the option of doing an in-person interview or a phone interview depending on my availability. I chose in-person since the office was located near where I was at the time so I drove to the office where I was escorted inside by someone who was not doing my interview into a conference room. There she went over the company a little and then afterwards, the hiring manager came in and conducted the interview and afterwards, he escorted me out of the office.

Senior Civil/Geo-technical Eng/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Elko, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with person in Montreal. Had to reschedule the interview twice due to their inability to convert EST to PST or read the email with the instructions on it. Interviewer did not talk about AMEC at all. I had to offer up why I am good for this position because no questions ever went in that direction. Not much give and take. Very one sided. Did not ask me if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate?   1 Answer
    • What was your 1st job out of college and what were your responsibilities?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were courageous in your job.   1 Answer
    • Describe how you exercised humility in the workplace.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They gave all the candidates lunch during which they held a presentation about the company. Then they interviewed candidates one at a time in a one on one interview. General questions. Tell me about a time when... Interviewer was pleasant and spoke openly about the work environment in the company.

Electrical Design Engineer 6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview because I lived in Colorado at the time and they needed someone right away. I explained in the interview that I had made the decision to permanently relocate to Houston and the interview was quite short as a result, less than 10 minutes. They made sure I knew PDS EE raceways and that I got along well with others.

Interview Questions

• Would I relocate to Houston?   1 Answer
    • Do You know PDS EE raceways and smart plant review?   1 Answer
    • How to you handle issues with other disciplines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a rate they accepted it before the interview.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Portland, OR).

Interview

Submitted resume and got a call back months later. Did a quick, unscheduled phone interview, then came in for a panel interview soon after. Got an informal offer by phone the same day, a formal offer letter several days later, and began work in less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about specific experience. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Na

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Hampton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first round consisted of 2 30-minute on-campus interviews through my university. Be sure to bring in design project details to show off your engineering abilities. The second round consisted of 3 30-minute interviews on-site with senior engineers. The senior guys like to talk about the company and themselves for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, such as "tell me about a time when you took a risk".   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauge interest in the company. Follow-up in-person interview in the office. Met with 7 different staff members, some junior and some senior level. Lunch break with one of the senior staff members. Everyone was very helpful and genuinely interested in my background.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly just asking about background and interest in the industry.   Answer Question

Technical Professional III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

multiple phone interviews lead to 3 in person interviews with junior and senior engineers. senior engineers argued about a few questions making the interview feel easy and the senior engineers look unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• do you know water chemistry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i got a few more thousand dollars a year via the recruiter.