Amedisys

Very Easy Interview

Hospice RN Case Manager Interview

Hospice RN Case Manager
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in December 2011.

Interview Details – It only took one interview. I knew one of the clinical managers and got an offer the same day. I took the position and have been employed for over 2 years.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work in the field with death and dying?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not offer me as much money as I was making, but when I first started if we made our admission quota for the quarter, we got a bonus.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied in-person and interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – 1 interview and was told I was a "shoe in" because they needed people

Interview Question – Poor management that was clear to me and anyone else   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, all pay was cut and dry unless after the hiring process you were deemed competent and then offered what would it take to keep you.

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations
Panama City, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Phone interviews as I was hired from within and had relationships with the hiring managers in initial position

Interview Question – How would you improve team building?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received one offer. Stated my bottom compensation amount to accept position. They agreed.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Physical Therapist Assistant
Demorest, GA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – The interview was good and asked a lot of good questions. I was also given the opportunity to aske questions as well.

Interview Question – There were not really any unexpected or diffficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was good. I was able to get what I asked for in salary, and other personal issues. However, it has been 5 years , and I have been through 2 other managers. Now things have changed and when they said I would only be seeing 5 to 6 patients a day it is now 7 to 8. When they said and had an agreement that I did not have to take PTO to go to MD as long as I got my schedule seen . This has changed as well. They now do not care or are honoring there end of the agreement.

Systems Support Analyst Interview

Systems Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Director and AVP. The job was actual on office manager, however the glass door drop down selection did not have that as an option. The onboarding process has improved since my original interview with the company. When interviewing for key positions expect to have several different interviews. The process can take as long as 30 days. Be patient.

Interview Question – Interview technique at the time was new to me - Targeted Selection DDI. Questions were not necessarily centered around relevant work experience, but instead were designed to explore your cognitive, ethical, and emotional dimensions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A little. I found out later I could have probably negotiated a better starting package. Sign on bonuses are available for critical personnel. Take the time to negotiate. Raises and other incentives are more carefully administered. Get the best deal possible going in. It will set the pace for advancement for the remainder of your tenure with the company.

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – No problems with hiring and interview

Interview Question – Unsure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – email

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Shreveport, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2012.

Interview Details – My company was bought by Amedisys & I was PRN at first, but it took a couple weeks before I could become FT.

Negotiation Details – I was the lowest paid nurse there, I know because one nurse liked to brag, when I came on FT I asked for a raise, I was told no because of costs/budget. But I later found out they hired another nurse who also made a lot more than me even though she had NO hospice experience!

Clinical Manager Interview

Clinical Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick - recruiter called and I had an interview two days later. I was hired during the interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The hiring manager was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to meet my salary requirement

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – A phone interview and 3 face to face interviews. One with the district sales manager, ops manager and director of operations. My interviews were fairly easy, but I had a lot of sales experience. Typical questions about where to get referrals, how to overcome objections etc

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. Tell me about a time you lost a sale to a competitor and what you did to try to earn the business the next time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me a salary range and I asked for the top of the range and got it!

Staff Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

Interview Details – I'm not sure what happened during the entire month that I was attempting to secure the position, but the process took a very long time. I think possibly that there may have been some clinical management changes and various managers were on vacation back-to-back for a few weeks. Of course, I had multiple job offers from other companies during that time, so it was frustrating to turn down offers while waiting for this position. I sought out employment specifically with Amedisys because they are an excellent company that provided excellent care for two of my family members. I knew that I wanted to work for them.

Interview Question – They asked if I would be willing to cover other areas if needed. This was not an option for me, and it caught me off guard that they asked me to do that. I'm sure others might have implied that they would be willing, but I had to be honest...and I got the job anyway!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I was seeking compensation to match what I currently was making. Amedisys offered a very competitive rate.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!