Amedisys

2.3

Doo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

I WAS INTERVIEWED BY LOCAL DIRECTORS OF OTHER AMEDISYS OFFICES. THE INTERVIEW WAS AT LEAST 2 HOURS LONG AND I WAS ASKED VERY DIFFICULT AND INTENSE QUESTIONS BY ALL DIRECTORS THAT WERE PRESENT AT THAT TIME. I ONLY HAD 1 INTERVIEW AFTER IT WAS SET UP BY THE DIRECTORS THAT WOULD HOLD THE INTERVIEW. ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO PASSED AND I WAS INFORMED OF THE DECISION.

Interview Questions
    • WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE HIRED AS A DIRECTOR AND THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER DID NOT KNOW THEIR POSITION OR DID NOT PERFORM THEIR JOB DUTIES EFFECIENTLY: KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGERS JOB IS   Answer Question
    NEGOTIATION WAS AGREED UPON EASILY. AMEDISYS PAYS WELL.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

the first interview was over the phone with the Dir of Recruiting. It was followed by up within a couple of days with a 2nd behavioral interview. I was invited to a 3rd interview. It was face to face. The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • the question was a two part question. "what are the 3 most important things you need to be a successful recruiter?" How would you be succesful if 1 or 2 of things were not available   Answer Question
    • How important is balance?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. It was standard. Ask for what you want but be flexible.

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amedisys in April 2012.

Interviewed with Clinical VP and Business Development VP. Probably the longest interviews I've ever had. They both really got inside my head and wanted to find out my core values as a nurse and a manager. Lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult; just required alot of thought. When you interview, take your time.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a very good salary.

RN Field Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amedisys in August 2014.

I responded to an ad in the paper. I was called in for an interview. The job was misrepresented and I was lied to about its being full time and lied to about my salary.

We discussed the salary and benefits. It was misrepresented.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys.

Phone interviews as I was hired from within and had relationships with the hiring managers in initial position

Interview Questions
    Received one offer. Stated my bottom compensation amount to accept position. They agreed.

Director of Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys.

Met with both AVPO and AVPBD together over a period of about an hour.

Fair.

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amedisys in February 2010.

Was given thorough company history and background; interview was 1:1, low-key, fairly informal. Positive feeling from the onset.

Interview Questions
    • interview was conversational; informal   View Answer

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartwell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartwell, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in February 2009.

I interviewed with Sybil Chitwood, Director of Operations, who reviewed duties of clinical manager, she said she would be working with me closely and that we would see each other more than we would see our husbands; she said I would have to work with the business office manager and business office specialist

Interview Questions
    • What are your most positive attributes?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you correct it   View Answer
    I agreed to the salary offered

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in August 2009.

I applied on-line and received a call from a recuiter a few weeks later. Interview was set up and was conducted by AVP and acting DOO since they were in the process of getting a new DOO. They asked numerous questions but I never felt like it was an inquisition. They were both very nice and explained all benefits and salary was discussed. Was told I would hear back from them after my drug tests and background results were back. I did receive an offer on line. Went back in for second interview and accepted position offered.

No real negotiation. I was told what the salary would be and there was no room for negotiation. Was take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in March 2010.

I found the position on the company’s web site and applied online. Three weeks later the recruiter called for an initial interview. Three days laterI had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager that went well. Two days later I talked with the hiring manager and another supervisor. At the company, I was interviewed by 12-person panel—which I thought was a bit much. Think I had too much experience for what they wanted. In my opinion, it seemed like the hiring manager was uncertain as to direction of the department which was disappointing. Most team members seemed to be pretty experienced.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly because the question was two minutes long and I did not know what he was talking about. And no one else understood it either!!!   Answer Question