Amedisys

38 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

DOO Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – I WAS INTERVIEWED BY LOCAL DIRECTORS OF OTHER AMEDISYS OFFICES. THE INTERVIEW WAS AT LEAST 2 HOURS LONG AND I WAS ASKED VERY DIFFICULT AND INTENSE QUESTIONS BY ALL DIRECTORS THAT WERE PRESENT AT THAT TIME. I ONLY HAD 1 INTERVIEW AFTER IT WAS SET UP BY THE DIRECTORS THAT WOULD HOLD THE INTERVIEW. ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO PASSED AND I WAS INFORMED OF THE DECISION.

Interview Question – WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE HIRED AS A DIRECTOR AND THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER DID NOT KNOW THEIR POSITION OR DID NOT PERFORM THEIR JOB DUTIES EFFECIENTLY: KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGERS JOB IS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NEGOTIATION WAS AGREED UPON EASILY. AMEDISYS PAYS WELL.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – the first interview was over the phone with the Dir of Recruiting. It was followed by up within a couple of days with a 2nd behavioral interview. I was invited to a 3rd interview. It was face to face. The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• the question was a two part question. "what are the 3 most important things you need to be a successful recruiter?" How would you be succesful if 1 or 2 of things were not available   Answer Question
  • How important is balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. It was standard. Ask for what you want but be flexible.

Instructional Designer Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact is via phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions. She asked about salary and said she'd send over benefits information (she didn't). This was 2 weeks after application was submitted. 2 weeks after the phone interview, they called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. She again asked generic questions (greatest achievement, biggest failure, what experience do you have, etc). One month after they called for a second interview with the design team. This was very laid back. The team asked questions in regards to organization in projects, learning curve, specific experience, etc. Pretty casual. They called the day of the second interview and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer that the recruiter told me on the phone ($45k) was extended. Only then did I get a copy of the benefits. Upon comparison to my current benefits, there was no way I could take the $45k; it would have been a major pay cut. I counter offered. 4 days later (aka after they had offered the position to someone else who did accept their low offer), they called and rescinded their offer.

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in January 2009.

Interview Details – A manager from the local company called to ask for an interview. A date was chosen at my convenience. The interview was in a private setting with two managers and myself. General questions about my experience were asked and how would I like working in Home Health. Driving was a huge concern; apparently some nurses don't like to drive.

Interview Questions

Sles Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in October 2008.

Interview Details – They had 2 phone interviews and one face toface. the problem was they asked the same questions on the 2 phone interviews so by trhe time the second phone interview came around it was very simple and easy to answer all of the questions. They also had someone from a completely different region ask the interview questions. she was not a supervisor.

Interview Question – Tell me what you liked best about your previous or current employer.   View Answer

Healthcare Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2009.

Interview Details – typical interview process - nothing of note.

Interview Question – None were that difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – poorly managed, able to negotiate salary desired

Nursing Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. A few days later, was instructed to take an online skills test. 2 weeks later, contacted for interview (in person) for the very next day, which left very little time for interview preparation. Interview format required interviewee to recall a lot of specific situations and the outcome of those situations in past employement or life in general. ie.. "recall a time when you saw a snowball effect about to happen, what did you do and how did that turn out. after about 10 of these types of questions you are ready to walk out!!! interviewers were very friendly and laid back, which made it a little easier to think up examples for these crazy scenarios.

Interview Question – name a SPECIFIC situation where you were given a goal, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Software Developer Analyst Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

Interview Details – i got a call from hiring manager for a 5 year exp position (where in i am having 1 year exp in .net)
so interview went for like 25 minutes, he asked me my projects and few questions and then replied after 10 days that i could not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – tellme about your work exp   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys in March 2010.

Interview Details – I found the position on the company’s web site and applied online. Three weeks later the recruiter called for an initial interview. Three days laterI had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager that went well. Two days later I talked with the hiring manager and another supervisor. At the company, I was interviewed by 12-person panel—which I thought was a bit much. Think I had too much experience for what they wanted. In my opinion, it seemed like the hiring manager was uncertain as to direction of the department which was disappointing. Most team members seemed to be pretty experienced.

Interview Question – I don't remember exactly because the question was two minutes long and I did not know what he was talking about. And no one else understood it either!!!   Answer Question

Business Office Manager Interview

Business Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by headquarters as my application was acception for the Business Office Manager position. Was told that I had excellent skills and background and they wanted to move fast with the position. Was a test and questionare consisting of over 12 pages.

Interview Question – was simply asked when I can come in for an interview soon and would have another bus. off. manager join in.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amedisys

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amedisys interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amedisys employees and interview candidates.