Amedisys

2.3

RN Field Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amedisys in August 2014.

I responded to an ad in the paper. I was called in for an interview. The job was misrepresented and I was lied to about its being full time and lied to about my salary.

We discussed the salary and benefits. It was misrepresented.

Account Executive Interview

They ask a million questions about your relationships and make you feel like you will be appreciated when you respond. They want names and contacts of who you have in and around the area and want to know who you will get business from.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on succeeding in home care with so much competition?   View Answer
    No room to negotiate salary

Registered Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in March 2010.

I was hired because of several other nurses that worked for company put in a good word for me. I got a call from the supervisor, had interview and there was negative positions available. The supervisor pushed to have me hired and I was hired

Interview Questions
    They offered and I accepted. It was much better than the previous employer.

Systems Support Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2012.

Hiring process was easy - all online via a Taleo supported portal. Interview process was two-step. First interview was with immediate supervisors, second with department's director, who was also the person to reach out for the offer.
    However, the process leading up to the interviews were very poorly arranged and often involved on-the-spot phone calls for interviews later that day, sometimes with only about an hour's notice. These calls were made by the main receptionist for the entire building. She spoke very quickly to the point where it was difficult to understand. In all, the process was doable as asking for a later interview time did not seem to reflect negatively on my chances on being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions (i.e. printer won't print - what is the first step in troubleshooting?).   View Answer
    This was my first professional job, so I took the offer as is. Expected pay was 30k/annually, but offer was 32, so I was happy at the offer. Benefits were okay, especially for someone straight out of school.

RN Field Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in June 2014.

Hiring and interview process was typical: finger printing, drug test, company policies, goals, vision statement, company benefits, skills check list, online intense education, orientation process of three months, preceptor-ship was limited. Learning an updated Oasis 4.0 software can be very time consuming and confusing.

Interview Questions
    • In health care employment, RN's are always asked; Why did you become a nurse ! Describe your worst experience as an RN ! Describe your best experience as an RN ! What accomplishments did you bring to your last employer !   Answer Question
    Pay scale is non-nonnegotiable

Physical Therapy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

stupid process in the hiring process. I only talked to the Director and was not told how the pay scale was calculated. The pay is always somewhat secretive and no one will tell you exactly how you get paid and how to track your pay

none

Hospice RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in December 2011.

It only took one interview. I knew one of the clinical managers and got an offer the same day. I took the position and have been employed for over 2 years.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work in the field with death and dying?   Answer Question
    They did not offer me as much money as I was making, but when I first started if we made our admission quota for the quarter, we got a bonus.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amedisys.

1 interview and was told I was a "shoe in" because they needed people

Interview Questions
    No, all pay was cut and dry unless after the hiring process you were deemed competent and then offered what would it take to keep you.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys.

Phone interviews as I was hired from within and had relationships with the hiring managers in initial position

Interview Questions
    Received one offer. Stated my bottom compensation amount to accept position. They agreed.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Demorest, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Demorest, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amedisys.

The interview was good and asked a lot of good questions. I was also given the opportunity to aske questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any unexpected or diffficult questions.   Answer Question
    It was good. I was able to get what I asked for in salary, and other personal issues. However, it has been 5 years , and I have been through 2 other managers. Now things have changed and when they said I would only be seeing 5 to 6 patients a day it is now 7 to 8. When they said and had an agreement that I did not have to take PTO to go to MD as long as I got my schedule seen . This has changed as well. They now do not care or are honoring there end of the agreement.