Amedisys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.3

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, MO

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amedisys (Hillsboro, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I began with Amedisys as a contract employee on a temporary assignment. After assignment was over I began working part-time with Amedisys, and then transitioned to a full-time employee. No interview was conducted in the change from part-time to full-time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys (Beaumont, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

There was three face to face interviews. One phone interview. Also I had two test that were on the computer and they were time. Between the interviews and two test is how your salary is figured. You need to dress very professional.

Interview Questions

• If you had a unlimited budget for expenses how would you use it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The test were horrible. Very different I must say.

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys.

Interview

I think it may be up to the hiring manager, but I had a panel interview with 6 or 7 people. It started with a recruiter phone interview and then the hiring manager called to set up an interview. The interview was a lengthy process. May not be the same anymore or with all managers.

RN Field Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amedisys (Tulsa, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

I responded to an ad in the paper. I was called in for an interview. The job was misrepresented and I was lied to about its being full time and lied to about my salary.

Negotiation

We discussed the salary and benefits. It was misrepresented.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

They ask a million questions about your relationships and make you feel like you will be appreciated when you respond. They want names and contacts of who you have in and around the area and want to know who you will get business from.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on succeeding in home care with so much competition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room to negotiate salary

Registered Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys (Salisbury, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I was hired because of several other nurses that worked for company put in a good word for me. I got a call from the supervisor, had interview and there was negative positions available. The supervisor pushed to have me hired and I was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted. It was much better than the previous employer.

Systems Support Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was easy - all online via a Taleo supported portal. Interview process was two-step. First interview was with immediate supervisors, second with department's director, who was also the person to reach out for the offer.
    However, the process leading up to the interviews were very poorly arranged and often involved on-the-spot phone calls for interviews later that day, sometimes with only about an hour's notice. These calls were made by the main receptionist for the entire building. She spoke very quickly to the point where it was difficult to understand. In all, the process was doable as asking for a later interview time did not seem to reflect negatively on my chances on being hired.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions (i.e. printer won't print - what is the first step in troubleshooting?).   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first professional job, so I took the offer as is. Expected pay was 30k/annually, but offer was 32, so I was happy at the offer. Benefits were okay, especially for someone straight out of school.

RN Field Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was typical: finger printing, drug test, company policies, goals, vision statement, company benefits, skills check list, online intense education, orientation process of three months, preceptor-ship was limited. Learning an updated Oasis 4.0 software can be very time consuming and confusing.

Interview Questions

• In health care employment, RN's are always asked; Why did you become a nurse ! Describe your worst experience as an RN ! Describe your best experience as an RN ! What accomplishments did you bring to your last employer !   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay scale is non-nonnegotiable

Physical Therapy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys (Louisville, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

stupid process in the hiring process. I only talked to the Director and was not told how the pay scale was calculated. The pay is always somewhat secretive and no one will tell you exactly how you get paid and how to track your pay

Negotiation

none

Hospice RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys (Tuscaloosa, AL) in December 2011.

Interview

It only took one interview. I knew one of the clinical managers and got an offer the same day. I took the position and have been employed for over 2 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work in the field with death and dying?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not offer me as much money as I was making, but when I first started if we made our admission quota for the quarter, we got a bonus.