Amedisys

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructional Designer Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact is via phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions. She asked about salary and said she'd send over benefits information (she didn't). This was 2 weeks after application was submitted. 2 weeks after the phone interview, they called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. She again asked generic questions (greatest achievement, biggest failure, what experience do you have, etc). One month after they called for a second interview with the design team. This was very laid back. The team asked questions in regards to organization in projects, learning curve, specific experience, etc. Pretty casual. They called the day of the second interview and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer that the recruiter told me on the phone ($45k) was extended. Only then did I get a copy of the benefits. Upon comparison to my current benefits, there was no way I could take the $45k; it would have been a major pay cut. I counter offered. 4 days later (aka after they had offered the position to someone else who did accept their low offer), they called and rescinded their offer.

Nurse Liaison Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Have only completed 15 min. phone interview

Interview Question – Do not recall difficult question.   Answer Question

Clinical Manager Interview

Hartwell, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in February 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Sybil Chitwood, Director of Operations, who reviewed duties of clinical manager, she said she would be working with me closely and that we would see each other more than we would see our husbands; she said I would have to work with the business office manager and business office specialist

Interview Questions

• What are your most positive attributes?   View Answer
  • Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you correct it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I agreed to the salary offered

Recruitment Manager Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – the first interview was over the phone with the Dir of Recruiting. It was followed by up within a couple of days with a 2nd behavioral interview. I was invited to a 3rd interview. It was face to face. The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• the question was a two part question. "what are the 3 most important things you need to be a successful recruiter?" How would you be succesful if 1 or 2 of things were not available   Answer Question
  • How important is balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. It was standard. Ask for what you want but be flexible.

Software Developer Analyst Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

Interview Details – i got a call from hiring manager for a 5 year exp position (where in i am having 1 year exp in .net)
so interview went for like 25 minutes, he asked me my projects and few questions and then replied after 10 days that i could not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – tellme about your work exp   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

DOO Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – I WAS INTERVIEWED BY LOCAL DIRECTORS OF OTHER AMEDISYS OFFICES. THE INTERVIEW WAS AT LEAST 2 HOURS LONG AND I WAS ASKED VERY DIFFICULT AND INTENSE QUESTIONS BY ALL DIRECTORS THAT WERE PRESENT AT THAT TIME. I ONLY HAD 1 INTERVIEW AFTER IT WAS SET UP BY THE DIRECTORS THAT WOULD HOLD THE INTERVIEW. ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO PASSED AND I WAS INFORMED OF THE DECISION.

Interview Question – WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE HIRED AS A DIRECTOR AND THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER DID NOT KNOW THEIR POSITION OR DID NOT PERFORM THEIR JOB DUTIES EFFECIENTLY: KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGERS JOB IS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NEGOTIATION WAS AGREED UPON EASILY. AMEDISYS PAYS WELL.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Augusta, GA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then set up face to face interview at my convenience. Interviewed director, then with two of the clinical managers.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced at your current employer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Office Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview/screening at first basically they went over the duties/responsibilities then from there we set up a face to face interview. My face to face interview was with the business office manager. As always I waitied in the lobby for 10-15 minutes before I meet with her. She basically talk about her personal problems majority of the time instead of asking me questions. I was scheduled a second interview with the Director the next day but that didn't happen I interviewed with the clinical manager instead. She just went over benefits, the office process/procedures, then a little about herself.

Negotiation Details – None

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary only

Area Vice President Interview

Area Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Six interviews plus personality profile testing, for which the results are not released.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Amedisys does not negotiate, make your expectations known up front int he beginning and they use those throughout the process. They offer bonuses as a way of implying you will get more $$ towards your request - however the budgets are so off that you will never get bonus payout so don't fall for that one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amedisys