Amedisys

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.3

Systems Support Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2012.

Hiring process was easy - all online via a Taleo supported portal. Interview process was two-step. First interview was with immediate supervisors, second with department's director, who was also the person to reach out for the offer.
    However, the process leading up to the interviews were very poorly arranged and often involved on-the-spot phone calls for interviews later that day, sometimes with only about an hour's notice. These calls were made by the main receptionist for the entire building. She spoke very quickly to the point where it was difficult to understand. In all, the process was doable as asking for a later interview time did not seem to reflect negatively on my chances on being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions (i.e. printer won't print - what is the first step in troubleshooting?).   View Answer
    This was my first professional job, so I took the offer as is. Expected pay was 30k/annually, but offer was 32, so I was happy at the offer. Benefits were okay, especially for someone straight out of school.

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amedisys in April 2012.

Interviewed with Clinical VP and Business Development VP. Probably the longest interviews I've ever had. They both really got inside my head and wanted to find out my core values as a nurse and a manager. Lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult; just required alot of thought. When you interview, take your time.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a very good salary.

Hospice RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in December 2011.

It only took one interview. I knew one of the clinical managers and got an offer the same day. I took the position and have been employed for over 2 years.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work in the field with death and dying?   Answer Question
    They did not offer me as much money as I was making, but when I first started if we made our admission quota for the quarter, we got a bonus.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in November 2011.

Met with the office director & therapy supervisor. They were very focused on telling me how great their company is, were very open about full time vs part time vs contract status, expectations of the job, learning opportunities and specialty programs provided by their agency.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any questions about my experience (though they did have my resume in hand), were more concerned about my availability to treat patients   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, they base their pay on a per-visit rate, which varies according to the type of visit (admission vs. eval vs. regular treatment, etc). It was a take-it-or-leave it situation, but they were willing to work with me as far as transitioning from my previous job, where I needed to complete specialty patient treatment cases which no one else would be available to cover.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in June 2011.

Very quick - recruiter called and I had an interview two days later. I was hired during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The hiring manager was very straight forward.   Answer Question
    They were able to meet my salary requirement

Physical Therapy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

stupid process in the hiring process. I only talked to the Director and was not told how the pay scale was calculated. The pay is always somewhat secretive and no one will tell you exactly how you get paid and how to track your pay

none

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

Phone interview, then set up face to face interview at my convenience. Interviewed director, then with two of the clinical managers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have faced at your current employer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

i got a call from hiring manager for a 5 year exp position (where in i am having 1 year exp in .net)
    so interview went for like 25 minutes, he asked me my projects and few questions and then replied after 10 days that i could not make it to the next round.

Staff Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

I'm not sure what happened during the entire month that I was attempting to secure the position, but the process took a very long time. I think possibly that there may have been some clinical management changes and various managers were on vacation back-to-back for a few weeks. Of course, I had multiple job offers from other companies during that time, so it was frustrating to turn down offers while waiting for this position. I sought out employment specifically with Amedisys because they are an excellent company that provided excellent care for two of my family members. I knew that I wanted to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I would be willing to cover other areas if needed. This was not an option for me, and it caught me off guard that they asked me to do that. I'm sure others might have implied that they would be willing, but I had to be honest...and I got the job anyway!   Answer Question
    Very simple. I was seeking compensation to match what I currently was making. Amedisys offered a very competitive rate.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

the first interview was over the phone with the Dir of Recruiting. It was followed by up within a couple of days with a 2nd behavioral interview. I was invited to a 3rd interview. It was face to face. The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • the question was a two part question. "what are the 3 most important things you need to be a successful recruiter?" How would you be succesful if 1 or 2 of things were not available   Answer Question
    • How important is balance?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. It was standard. Ask for what you want but be flexible.