Amedisys

Relevance Date Difficulty

CTC Interview

CTC
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – There is a long and protracted wait time after interview for offer, do not fret. They will check your references, and you may or may not physically interview with upper management, depending on schedule and location

Interview Question – What strategies have you used in the past which have not worked, and what would you do differently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did offer a lower salary than expected, but I held out and eventually got the money I was looking for

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact is via phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions. She asked about salary and said she'd send over benefits information (she didn't). This was 2 weeks after application was submitted. 2 weeks after the phone interview, they called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. She again asked generic questions (greatest achievement, biggest failure, what experience do you have, etc). One month after they called for a second interview with the design team. This was very laid back. The team asked questions in regards to organization in projects, learning curve, specific experience, etc. Pretty casual. They called the day of the second interview and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer that the recruiter told me on the phone ($45k) was extended. Only then did I get a copy of the benefits. Upon comparison to my current benefits, there was no way I could take the $45k; it would have been a major pay cut. I counter offered. 4 days later (aka after they had offered the position to someone else who did accept their low offer), they called and rescinded their offer.

Physical Therapist Interview

Physical Therapist
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the office director & therapy supervisor. They were very focused on telling me how great their company is, were very open about full time vs part time vs contract status, expectations of the job, learning opportunities and specialty programs provided by their agency.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any questions about my experience (though they did have my resume in hand), were more concerned about my availability to treat patients   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward, they base their pay on a per-visit rate, which varies according to the type of visit (admission vs. eval vs. regular treatment, etc). It was a take-it-or-leave it situation, but they were willing to work with me as far as transitioning from my previous job, where I needed to complete specialty patient treatment cases which no one else would be available to cover.

Nurse Liaison Interview

Nurse Liaison
Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2012.

Interview Details – Have only completed 15 min. phone interview

Interview Question – Do not recall difficult question.   Answer Question

Clinical Manager Interview

Clinical Manager
Hartwell, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in February 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Sybil Chitwood, Director of Operations, who reviewed duties of clinical manager, she said she would be working with me closely and that we would see each other more than we would see our husbands; she said I would have to work with the business office manager and business office specialist

Interview Questions

• What are your most positive attributes?   View Answer
  • Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you correct it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I agreed to the salary offered

Recruitment Manager Interview

Recruitment Manager
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – the first interview was over the phone with the Dir of Recruiting. It was followed by up within a couple of days with a 2nd behavioral interview. I was invited to a 3rd interview. It was face to face. The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• the question was a two part question. "what are the 3 most important things you need to be a successful recruiter?" How would you be succesful if 1 or 2 of things were not available   Answer Question
  • How important is balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. It was standard. Ask for what you want but be flexible.

Software Developer Analyst Interview

Software Developer Analyst
Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amedisys in June 2010.

Interview Details – i got a call from hiring manager for a 5 year exp position (where in i am having 1 year exp in .net)
so interview went for like 25 minutes, he asked me my projects and few questions and then replied after 10 days that i could not make it to the next round.

Interview Question – tellme about your work exp   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Doo Interview

Doo
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2010.

Interview Details – I WAS INTERVIEWED BY LOCAL DIRECTORS OF OTHER AMEDISYS OFFICES. THE INTERVIEW WAS AT LEAST 2 HOURS LONG AND I WAS ASKED VERY DIFFICULT AND INTENSE QUESTIONS BY ALL DIRECTORS THAT WERE PRESENT AT THAT TIME. I ONLY HAD 1 INTERVIEW AFTER IT WAS SET UP BY THE DIRECTORS THAT WOULD HOLD THE INTERVIEW. ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO PASSED AND I WAS INFORMED OF THE DECISION.

Interview Question – WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE HIRED AS A DIRECTOR AND THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER DID NOT KNOW THEIR POSITION OR DID NOT PERFORM THEIR JOB DUTIES EFFECIENTLY: KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGERS JOB IS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NEGOTIATION WAS AGREED UPON EASILY. AMEDISYS PAYS WELL.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Augusta, GA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then set up face to face interview at my convenience. Interviewed director, then with two of the clinical managers.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced at your current employer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Office Specialist Interview

Business Office Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview/screening at first basically they went over the duties/responsibilities then from there we set up a face to face interview. My face to face interview was with the business office manager. As always I waitied in the lobby for 10-15 minutes before I meet with her. She basically talk about her personal problems majority of the time instead of asking me questions. I was scheduled a second interview with the Director the next day but that didn't happen I interviewed with the clinical manager instead. She just went over benefits, the office process/procedures, then a little about herself.

Negotiation Details – None