Amedisys

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary only

Area Vice President Interview

Area Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Six interviews plus personality profile testing, for which the results are not released.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Amedisys does not negotiate, make your expectations known up front int he beginning and they use those throughout the process. They offer bonuses as a way of implying you will get more $$ towards your request - however the budgets are so off that you will never get bonus payout so don't fall for that one.

RN Field Nurse Interview

RN Field Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in February 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved call within couple of weeks, interviewed within a week, got the job within a few days! Interview was great,

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the job pays per visit rate per experience, I was not experienced at the time of interview.

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amedisys in November 2008.

Interview Details – Must fill out application online. Go in for interview, dress in business attire. Answer questions with confidence.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No neg. available. Pay rate is chosen by Corporate

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Met with both AVPO and AVPBD together over a period of about an hour.

Interview Question – Had several scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview Details – Very thorough-multiple interviews, personality test.

Negotiation Details – very easy

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interviwed with AVP and AVP Ops. It lasted about 1 hour (AVP Ops came in the last 20 minutes). Basic resume review, no hard questions. Offer was given 2 days later. Started within a month and the agency director was going to be gone for 2 weeks on vacation and the AVP that hired me was fired. Went to the agency everyday with no direction, no access to the training database. When I finally got access and began training, the agency director asked me everyday what I was doing and where I was going to get referrals. Office staff asked me everyday what I was still doing there and surpised I hadn't quit.

Interview Question – How are your skills in your previous job a benefit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. Offered 15 days PTO (vacation, sick, personal rolled in) and asked for more but they said this was non-negotiable.

Healthcare Interview

Healthcare

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone then 1 on 1. Negotiation, Then decision making

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Even had negotiate,keep studying the company

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

Interview Details – Presented as very caring, and ethical, which I still feel that this person is; however there is so much pressure from corporate that the local administration are forced to be unrealistic in their expectations. The interview itself went pretty smooth, however I did perceive an urgency to fill the position, as well as I having an urgency to finding a position.

Interview Question – How productive are you, ie how many patients can you see in 1 day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I was not given an opportunity to negotiate salary, I would make the statement that employees who are paid per visit versus salary or hourly are getting the short end of the stick.

Nursing Interview

Nursing

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a nursing position in Georgia. The Director was nice, friendly, knowledgeable and direct about her expectations of the nurse she will hire as well as what didn't work for the nurse that was in the position previously. The questions were standard and open ended. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
She said she would be in touch in a week or so and I believe she will follow through. I applied last week and had an interview in a few days.
Given all the negative comments about this company on here I wanted to share my experience as it was not bad and I am actually hoping to be offered one of the positions. I know an interview isn't the same as working at a company, but I do think you can get a feel for the office when there. As far as this particular one, can't say anything negative at all about it - at least not the interview process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amedisys