Amedisys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.3

Nursing Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2011.

Interviewed for a nursing position in Georgia. The Director was nice, friendly, knowledgeable and direct about her expectations of the nurse she will hire as well as what didn't work for the nurse that was in the position previously. The questions were standard and open ended. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    She said she would be in touch in a week or so and I believe she will follow through. I applied last week and had an interview in a few days.
    Given all the negative comments about this company on here I wanted to share my experience as it was not bad and I am actually hoping to be offered one of the positions. I know an interview isn't the same as working at a company, but I do think you can get a feel for the office when there. As far as this particular one, can't say anything negative at all about it - at least not the interview process.

LPTA Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in February 2009.

An on-line application is submitted & then you are contacted by phone for a scheduled "in person" interview..... you go to the interview & talk/ interview with the director, the rehab contact person & then you are told right then that you have the job & when can you start????? ( like they are" in a hurry" to get you "on board"). They are "very personable & friendly" at first & even "act" concerned regarding helping you to get your health insurance started for your family "ASAP". You then sit in the office & read manuals for 3-4 weeks ( while you await an employee number ).... When it finally comes you are assigned a computer & then you ride with another staff member to be trained on the computer..... FINALLY you are " turned loose" on your own to see patients. You are required to have your activity sheets turned in by a certain time every AM. What they don't tell you when you interview is that the computer computes your mileage for you.. regardless of what miles you write down & actually drive( to & from patient homes) you will only be paid for what the computer miles add up to. ( Keep a good record of your mileage because you will have to "claim" your miles that you drive ( but do not get paid for) on your taxes at end of the year).

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your patient care skills????? On a scale of 0 - 10. Amedisys is real big on the 0 - 10 scales.....in everything   View Answer
    • How long have you been practicing as an LPTA & what areas are you interested in working ( the setting )   View Answer
    The director of the agency & the rehab director, as well as, a regional person all promise you the moon but when it comes down to the actual verbal promises "these people" all had amnesia after you accept the job & then ask about the promises made at the interview. I would advise anyone that accepts an offer of employment to have EVERYTHING in writing to clarify that what they tell you is what really happens in the future. The management is glad to promise you everything verbally & it is easy to get wht you say you need on the interview ...... but the " stickler" is actually having these people remember what they verbally promise you. Don't believe them----- PUT IN ON PAPER ( for your future reference & to keep amnesia from occurring ). Also "they" say it is a "great job" for you if you have kids ( flexibility is a plus ) HAVE THAT IN WRITING TOO..... heaven forbid if you have to rearrange your schedule ( to be a parent or to take your kids to the doctor or dentist ). Then they write you up & claim that you were never told the job was " flexible"... BE CAREFUL........ GET IN IN WRITING.

Business Office Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Amedisys in April 2010.

It was a small company and the administrator appeared more interested in what I would share about my current job versus wheather or not I could do what she expected. If you dont mind small companies go for it however if your looking for organization and growth go to Amedisys.

Interview Questions

Choose to remain with current company

Business Office Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in May 2011.

I was contacted by headquarters as my application was acception for the Business Office Manager position. Was told that I had excellent skills and background and they wanted to move fast with the position. Was a test and questionare consisting of over 12 pages.

Interview Questions
    • was simply asked when I can come in for an interview soon and would have another bus. off. manager join in.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amedisys in March 2010.

I found the position on the company’s web site and applied online. Three weeks later the recruiter called for an initial interview. Three days laterI had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager that went well. Two days later I talked with the hiring manager and another supervisor. At the company, I was interviewed by 12-person panel—which I thought was a bit much. Think I had too much experience for what they wanted. In my opinion, it seemed like the hiring manager was uncertain as to direction of the department which was disappointing. Most team members seemed to be pretty experienced.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember exactly because the question was two minutes long and I did not know what he was talking about. And no one else understood it either!!!   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in August 2009.

I applied on-line and received a call from a recuiter a few weeks later. Interview was set up and was conducted by AVP and acting DOO since they were in the process of getting a new DOO. They asked numerous questions but I never felt like it was an inquisition. They were both very nice and explained all benefits and salary was discussed. Was told I would hear back from them after my drug tests and background results were back. I did receive an offer on line. Went back in for second interview and accepted position offered.

No real negotiation. I was told what the salary would be and there was no room for negotiation. Was take it or leave it.

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amedisys in February 2010.

Was given thorough company history and background; interview was 1:1, low-key, fairly informal. Positive feeling from the onset.

Interview Questions
    • interview was conversational; informal   View Answer

Healthcare Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in July 2009.

typical interview process - nothing of note.

Interview Questions
    poorly managed, able to negotiate salary desired

Sles Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in October 2008.

They had 2 phone interviews and one face toface. the problem was they asked the same questions on the 2 phone interviews so by trhe time the second phone interview came around it was very simple and easy to answer all of the questions. They also had someone from a completely different region ask the interview questions. she was not a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you liked best about your previous or current employer.   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amedisys in January 2009.

A manager from the local company called to ask for an interview. A date was chosen at my convenience. The interview was in a private setting with two managers and myself. General questions about my experience were asked and how would I like working in Home Health. Driving was a huge concern; apparently some nurses don't like to drive.