Amedisys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.3

Area Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amedisys.

Interview

Six interviews plus personality profile testing, for which the results are not released.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Amedisys does not negotiate, make your expectations known up front int he beginning and they use those throughout the process. They offer bonuses as a way of implying you will get more $$ towards your request - however the budgets are so off that you will never get bonus payout so don't fall for that one.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys.

Interview

Met with both AVPO and AVPBD together over a period of about an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amedisys.

Interview

Very thorough-multiple interviews, personality test.

Negotiation

very easy

Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amedisys in September 2011.

Interview

Phone then 1 on 1. Negotiation, Then decision making

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Even had negotiate,keep studying the company

Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amedisys in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a nursing position in Georgia. The Director was nice, friendly, knowledgeable and direct about her expectations of the nurse she will hire as well as what didn't work for the nurse that was in the position previously. The questions were standard and open ended. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    She said she would be in touch in a week or so and I believe she will follow through. I applied last week and had an interview in a few days.
    Given all the negative comments about this company on here I wanted to share my experience as it was not bad and I am actually hoping to be offered one of the positions. I know an interview isn't the same as working at a company, but I do think you can get a feel for the office when there. As far as this particular one, can't say anything negative at all about it - at least not the interview process.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amedisys in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by headquarters as my application was acception for the Business Office Manager position. Was told that I had excellent skills and background and they wanted to move fast with the position. Was a test and questionare consisting of over 12 pages.

Interview Questions

• was simply asked when I can come in for an interview soon and would have another bus. off. manager join in.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in July 2010.

Interview

Presented as very caring, and ethical, which I still feel that this person is; however there is so much pressure from corporate that the local administration are forced to be unrealistic in their expectations. The interview itself went pretty smooth, however I did perceive an urgency to fill the position, as well as I having an urgency to finding a position.

Interview Questions

• How productive are you, ie how many patients can you see in 1 day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was not given an opportunity to negotiate salary, I would make the statement that employees who are paid per visit versus salary or hourly are getting the short end of the stick.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in April 2010.

Interview

It was a small company and the administrator appeared more interested in what I would share about my current job versus wheather or not I could do what she expected. If you dont mind small companies go for it however if your looking for organization and growth go to Amedisys.

Interview Questions

Choose to remain with current company

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amedisys in March 2010.

Interview

I found the position on the company’s web site and applied online. Three weeks later the recruiter called for an initial interview. Three days laterI had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager that went well. Two days later I talked with the hiring manager and another supervisor. At the company, I was interviewed by 12-person panel—which I thought was a bit much. Think I had too much experience for what they wanted. In my opinion, it seemed like the hiring manager was uncertain as to direction of the department which was disappointing. Most team members seemed to be pretty experienced.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly because the question was two minutes long and I did not know what he was talking about. And no one else understood it either!!!   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amedisys in February 2010.

Interview

Was given thorough company history and background; interview was 1:1, low-key, fairly informal. Positive feeling from the onset.

Interview Questions

• interview was conversational; informal   1 Answer