Amegy Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Amegy Corporation

Interview Details – 1 phone and 2 in person. Also had drug and mental testing. Month long hiring process. Was not bad. People were nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Question – Why dont you want to be a lendee?   Answer Question

Personal Bankr Interview

Personal Bankr

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, long process.

Very Easy Interview

Teller II Interview

Teller II
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview Details – Contacted over the phone, scheduled the interview, branch manager interviewed me.

Interview Question – What interests you in joining retail banking?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, HR personnel were very willing to consider my experience and extended a higher hourly rate for me and I accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Credit Analyst- Officer Development Program Interview

Credit Analyst- Officer Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Question – First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy?
Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller III Interview

Teller III

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Officer Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Interview Question – What do you know about Amegy bank?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Officer Development Program (Houston)
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Question – One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Teller II
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is horrible, after going through 4 phone interviews all with different people I finally had a face to face interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager.

Interview Question – Sales goal questions were extreme.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for a teller position, you either accepted or declined.

ODP Interview

ODP
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took a while, but met with good people at their headquarters eventually. Had a great feeling after the interview but was not offered. Puzzling.

Interview Question – Why banking?   Answer Question

Commercial Loan Analyst Interview

Commercial Loan Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Total 3 interviews from meeting someone from the HR department, hiring manager, and group panel. The interviews are meant to make sure you are the right candidate for the position and department. HR is to rule out the bad eggs out of the good eggs. Hiring manager wants to see if you know you thru the basic interview questions. The group panel is to find out if you are a team member. It was an extremely long process (it took about 1-2 months) but at the end, I see why they did what they did. To not waste their or your time.

Interview Question – List all the financial ratios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they offer, counter-offer till you and HR meet in the middle of your ideal salary.

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!