Amegy Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.4

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Asked basic questions about why this job/major/college. Brief test of knowledge of what position had to offer.

Commercial Loan Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Total 3 interviews from meeting someone from the HR department, hiring manager, and group panel. The interviews are meant to make sure you are the right candidate for the position and department. HR is to rule out the bad eggs out of the good eggs. Hiring manager wants to see if you know you thru the basic interview questions. The group panel is to find out if you are a team member. It was an extremely long process (it took about 1-2 months) but at the end, I see why they did what they did. To not waste their or your time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they offer, counter-offer till you and HR meet in the middle of your ideal salary.

ODP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Took a while, but met with good people at their headquarters eventually. Had a great feeling after the interview but was not offered. Puzzling.

Teller II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation (Dallas, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview process is horrible, after going through 4 phone interviews all with different people I finally had a face to face interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for a teller position, you either accepted or declined.

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Questions

• One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Credit Analyst- Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy?
      Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?

Answer Question

Personal Bankr Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in December 2011.

Interview

3 interviews, long process.

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

I first talked with a representative from Amegy Bank at a career fair held by my university. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company and distinct questions about the program; so I advise to do the same to get an interview slot. I'm only in the first round still, but the entire interview process was behavioral. I rarely got asked question such as "tell me a time..." but was asked questions that allowed the interview to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership abilities? Why and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called in to be interviewed with a representative from human resources. I was told that the hiring manager would follow up with me the following week. I never heard anything from either the human resource representative or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very straight forward, standard interview questions.   Answer Question