Amegy Corporation

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.4

Project Manager Interview

1 phone and 2 in person. Also had drug and mental testing. Month long hiring process. Was not bad. People were nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Amegy Corporation in August 2014.

Initial interview by phone and then in person at Houston Corp office. The recruiter was thorough and made me feel welcome like family. Like Guaranty Bank, they hire well which means good news on finding a good fit. Interviewed with the Branch Manager and Asst who were great people first and great bankers. This all occurred within one week and I am currently waiting to hear good news. This bank has great market share and reputation in this area. Looking forward to possibly working with the team! Kudos on this experience.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions were behavioral to ensure a good team fit. This is of great value as to not waste any of our time. The job I am leaving was inaccurately portrayed as was the manager. The manager at the bank I am leaving is the worst manager I've worked with and taught me a valuable lesson. I appreciate the hiring process here at Amegy and it will be a great fit.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2014.

very easy process. took me 2 weeks to get hired after i applied online. the HR rep was very easy to work with and kept you up to date on the process. Appreciated that a lot.

Teller III Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Contacted over the phone, scheduled the interview, branch manager interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • What interests you in joining retail banking?   View Answer
    Easy, HR personnel were very willing to consider my experience and extended a higher hourly rate for me and I accepted.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Amegy Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online, was called in to be interviewed with a representative from human resources. I was told that the hiring manager would follow up with me the following week. I never heard anything from either the human resource representative or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were very straight forward, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Mail Services Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2007.

An HR rep called me to come in for the interview. I met with the HR person who told me that I would be meeting with the department supervisor. Some of my coworkers told me that they interviewed with the Supervisor and another person. She was pleasant and the interview went well. Later that week, or the next, the HR person called me back to the office to give me an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. She mostly asked questions that related to my past employment and how my skills would translate into success in her department.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in January 2009.

You walk in and the place is jammed with small cubicles. The managers have about the same size cubes, but the are next to a window making them office like... The work space looked dated and unexciting. During the interview I met with 3 individuals, a manager, supervisor and associate. They drill you on certain aspects about the job and then want to get to know your personality so they ask what you do for fun ect... I could care less for the chit chat, let's stick to business... but when your in that type of environment, I guess you need the gossip to stay sane.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a typical analysis scenario and how you handeled it.   View Answer

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2010.

just got a rejection letter, didn't call or email.

Commercial Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amegy Corporation in April 2011.

Total 3 interviews from meeting someone from the HR department, hiring manager, and group panel. The interviews are meant to make sure you are the right candidate for the position and department. HR is to rule out the bad eggs out of the good eggs. Hiring manager wants to see if you know you thru the basic interview questions. The group panel is to find out if you are a team member. It was an extremely long process (it took about 1-2 months) but at the end, I see why they did what they did. To not waste their or your time.

Interview Questions
    If they offer, counter-offer till you and HR meet in the middle of your ideal salary.