Amegy Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial interview by phone and then in person at Houston Corp office. The recruiter was thorough and made me feel welcome like family. Like Guaranty Bank, they hire well which means good news on finding a good fit. Interviewed with the Branch Manager and Asst who were great people first and great bankers. This all occurred within one week and I am currently waiting to hear good news. This bank has great market share and reputation in this area. Looking forward to possibly working with the team! Kudos on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were behavioral to ensure a good team fit. This is of great value as to not waste any of our time. The job I am leaving was inaccurately portrayed as was the manager. The manager at the bank I am leaving is the worst manager I've worked with and taught me a valuable lesson. I appreciate the hiring process here at Amegy and it will be a great fit.   Answer Question

Teller III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

very easy process. took me 2 weeks to get hired after i applied online. the HR rep was very easy to work with and kept you up to date on the process. Appreciated that a lot.

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

just got a rejection letter, didn't call or email.

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in January 2009.

Interview

You walk in and the place is jammed with small cubicles. The managers have about the same size cubes, but the are next to a window making them office like... The work space looked dated and unexciting. During the interview I met with 3 individuals, a manager, supervisor and associate. They drill you on certain aspects about the job and then want to get to know your personality so they ask what you do for fun ect... I could care less for the chit chat, let's stick to business... but when your in that type of environment, I guess you need the gossip to stay sane.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a typical analysis scenario and how you handeled it.   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called in to be interviewed with a representative from human resources. I was told that the hiring manager would follow up with me the following week. I never heard anything from either the human resource representative or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very straight forward, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an-campus interview and was invited to interview with 3 upper-level individuals in the company's corporate office. The interviews were very much behavioral and didn't require much technical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 adjectives that your peers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule. What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for? Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy? Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

I first talked with a representative from Amegy Bank at a career fair held by my university. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company and distinct questions about the program; so I advise to do the same to get an interview slot. I'm only in the first round still, but the entire interview process was behavioral. I rarely got asked question such as "tell me a time..." but was asked questions that allowed the interview to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership abilities? Why and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question