Amegy Corporation

14 candidate interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions about why this job/major/college. Brief test of knowledge of what position had to offer.

Interview Question – Why did you choose finance as your major?   Answer Question

Mail Services Assistant Interview

Mail Services Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2007.

Interview Details – An HR rep called me to come in for the interview. I met with the HR person who told me that I would be meeting with the department supervisor. Some of my coworkers told me that they interviewed with the Supervisor and another person. She was pleasant and the interview went well. Later that week, or the next, the HR person called me back to the office to give me an offer letter.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. She mostly asked questions that related to my past employment and how my skills would translate into success in her department.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Product Development

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – You walk in and the place is jammed with small cubicles. The managers have about the same size cubes, but the are next to a window making them office like... The work space looked dated and unexciting. During the interview I met with 3 individuals, a manager, supervisor and associate. They drill you on certain aspects about the job and then want to get to know your personality so they ask what you do for fun ect... I could care less for the chit chat, let's stick to business... but when your in that type of environment, I guess you need the gossip to stay sane.

Interview Question – Walk me through a typical analysis scenario and how you handeled it.   View Answer

Analyst Development Program Interview

Analyst Development Program
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – just got a rejection letter, didn't call or email.

Commercial Loan Analyst Interview

Commercial Loan Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Total 3 interviews from meeting someone from the HR department, hiring manager, and group panel. The interviews are meant to make sure you are the right candidate for the position and department. HR is to rule out the bad eggs out of the good eggs. Hiring manager wants to see if you know you thru the basic interview questions. The group panel is to find out if you are a team member. It was an extremely long process (it took about 1-2 months) but at the end, I see why they did what they did. To not waste their or your time.

Interview Question – List all the financial ratios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they offer, counter-offer till you and HR meet in the middle of your ideal salary.

ODP Interview

ODP
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took a while, but met with good people at their headquarters eventually. Had a great feeling after the interview but was not offered. Puzzling.

Interview Question – Why banking?   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Teller II
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is horrible, after going through 4 phone interviews all with different people I finally had a face to face interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager.

Interview Question – Sales goal questions were extreme.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for a teller position, you either accepted or declined.

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Officer Development Program (Houston)
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Question – One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Officer Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Interview Question – What do you know about Amegy bank?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller III Interview

Teller III

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!