Amentra Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amentra

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amentra (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Amentra/Red Hat had probably the best interview process that I have been a part of. First I got a phone interview where we discussed my experience and the company in general. From there they invited me out to DC for a 2 day interview process. The first day is a dinner with all of the other applicants that have made it that far and current Amentra employees of various job titles and statuses withing the company. They use this a character/personality judgement and you really get to experience the company culture. The next day you get a presentation about the company, what they do, who the clients are, etc, while eating lunch. Then you have 2 1:1 interviews. The interviews can be technical or more laid back based on the interviewer, but overall not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Some web stuff regarding HTML, CSS, SQL, and server-client interactions   Answer Question
    • Basic OOP questions (classes, inheritance, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

You get to pick whichever location you would like, so have that in mind when you go into the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amentra (Richmond, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a two part interview. A phone technical interview that was very thorough with a very technical interviewer. I then had an in person situation interview to gauge my soft skills. It was laid back and non threatening. The senior management staff member I interviewed with was very easy to talk to and ask questions with.

Interview Questions

• Just had situational questions around what to do if you disagree with what a client desires.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amentra (Washington, DC) in May 2008.

Interview

Info session, slightly informal interview on campus, followed by formal interview in Richmond which was a bit more difficult but fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• You are in a position where you do not know the answer in a tense situation, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Consider the salary you accept initially as

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amentra (Charlotte, NC) in February 2008.

Interview

Was contacted and was not interested, but after reviewing my career opportunities at the time and the website, I decided to pursue further. Contacted the company and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a technical interview followed up by a one-on-one interview about a week later. Because I was able to speak with multiple people, I was able to get a more accurate picture regarding the company and it's culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated salary. I stated an amount which was high, and was countered. I was satisfied with the counter offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amentra (Reston, VA) in August 2007.

Interview

Initial recruiter contact. Few days later one on one interview in the office. Consisting of technical and business interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amentra in January 2011.

Interview

Relaxed and informative, you learn about them and they learn about you

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amentra in October 2010.

Interview

Was first given a personality interview and then given a technical interview by the the second person in the room. The first interviewer was very friendly but the second one was not so open. The interview first consisted of a series of questions regarding my background and the second asked a questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether one string is a sub-string of another.   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amentra in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I got set up a phone interview and a couple days later did an in person interview. I got an offer within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Present an idea that a venture capitalist might be interested in.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amentra in April 2010.

Interview

Recruiter interview. Technical phone interview. 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met in the middle of what I wanted and what was offered