Ameren Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

Intern Interview

I applied to a posting on the ameren site. They contacted me quickly to set up phone screen. It went well and interview followed. I was interviewed by two people.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Ameren.

Behavioral interview with the usual questions. ... Tell me about a time when. It was pretty laid back (as laid back as a panel interview can be anyways) no surprise questions

Interview Questions
    No negotiation- it was a fair offer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren in October 2014.

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview for general screening questions (skills, expected salary, willing to move, etc.).

Next, I was scheduled to take the Programmer Analyst Aptitude Test at Ameren.

After passing this, I was scheduled for a behavioral interview with a panel of three interviewers. I was given the chance to ask questions, learn more about the position afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision without the assistance of others.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ameren in September 2014.

The interview was a behavioral interview where they asked you about a certain situation and to give an example of that kind of situation and what you did. You must say what the situation is, what you did to fix it and what you learned from this experience. They will ask you from 5 to 8 questions.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

interviewed at Ameren in May 2014.

hiring process went really smooth. they make you feel very comfortable. i interviewed with them 2 years ago and i failed because i did not prep for it at all. but for my second interview i did my homework and i got the offer

Interview Questions
    • they asked me questions about stressful situations and what would i do?. also they asked me about team related questions. accomplishments.   View Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ameren in May 2014.

Was contacted by their HR representative for an engineering co-op position from May 2014 through December 2014. Initially was told that the interview was for 1 hiring manager with 3 positions, but in reality was 3 hiring managers that had 1 position each. This completely threw me off and frustrated me. Students that do not hear back from Ameren will not receive emails in a timely manner either notifying them that they have not been chosen for the particular position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were accurate the first time in your calculations   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ameren in April 2014.

I applied the position online and took the telephone interview about one and a half month. It was a really nice lady but she just ask me one question about the visa sponsorship in the future and I had to say I need it. This kind of answer just end up the interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online in February 2014, got a phone interview after about two weeks. I applied 6 positions at a time, but received the call based on the one which prefers 2 years' experience, but I only had a summer internship before. Most of time, just about background information, where I got the info, willing to relocate, education background.

Interview Questions
    • Key: As a international candidate, when faced the question "will you need visa sponsorship in the future", I have to say yes. Then the interview stops regarding the visa policy of Ameren. The interviewer says: Ameren will not support H1B visa in the following year.   Answer Question

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Panel interview-quick process-got offer i two weeks

Supervising Manager of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren in August 2013.

Initial application accompanied with letter of introduction and a CV. A thorough screening introview and then followed by a panel interview. E

Interview Questions
    • Giving example(s) of how I assisted in the promoting of staff's advancement.   View Answer