Ameren Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameren (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview first. After thatI was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and some engineers. The questions were not too bad but you did have to think over your questions very carefully. The interview lasted over an hour for me and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the field of electrical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take initiative and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren in March 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty easy. Had a phone screening and then was called back for an interview with two supervisors who worked at the facility. Waited for about two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions focused on integrety, teamwork, communication, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied to a posting on the ameren site. They contacted me quickly to set up phone screen. It went well and interview followed. I was interviewed by two people.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL).

Interview

Behavioral interview with the usual questions. ... Tell me about a time when. It was pretty laid back (as laid back as a panel interview can be anyways) no surprise questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- it was a fair offer

Civil Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job posting online and was quickly contacted by the HR department and had a phone screening. I had an in person interview soon after. I was interviewed by 2 people and mostly all of the questions were behavioral, but some were more technical and about my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when.... (Behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview for general screening questions (skills, expected salary, willing to move, etc.).

Next, I was scheduled to take the Programmer Analyst Aptitude Test at Ameren.

After passing this, I was scheduled for a behavioral interview with a panel of three interviewers. I was given the chance to ask questions, learn more about the position afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision without the assistance of others.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ameren (Springfield, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a behavioral interview where they asked you about a certain situation and to give an example of that kind of situation and what you did. You must say what the situation is, what you did to fix it and what you learned from this experience. They will ask you from 5 to 8 questions.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

hiring process went really smooth. they make you feel very comfortable. i interviewed with them 2 years ago and i failed because i did not prep for it at all. but for my second interview i did my homework and i got the offer

Interview Questions

• they asked me questions about stressful situations and what would i do?. also they asked me about team related questions. accomplishments.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by their HR representative for an engineering co-op position from May 2014 through December 2014. Initially was told that the interview was for 1 hiring manager with 3 positions, but in reality was 3 hiring managers that had 1 position each. This completely threw me off and frustrated me. Students that do not hear back from Ameren will not receive emails in a timely manner either notifying them that they have not been chosen for the particular position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were accurate the first time in your calculations   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ameren in April 2014.

Interview

I applied the position online and took the telephone interview about one and a half month. It was a really nice lady but she just ask me one question about the visa sponsorship in the future and I had to say I need it. This kind of answer just end up the interview.