Ameren Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ameren (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was for a very short period. They asked me about myself, why am I interested in Ameren and other basic questions. Then they asked me if I will be needing sponsorship and then they stopped the interview.

Engineer-IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ameren in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the HR department about a week after I applied online for an open position. They asked to schedule a phone screening. Completed the phone screening a few days later. General questions asked during the phone screening, verification of application, go over resume and whether I would need sponsorship in the future. About a week or two later I received a call asking to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was completed by a panel of three people, asking behavioral style questions. They make the candidates feel very comfortable and try their best to reduce stress. I got a call about two weeks after the interview telling me that they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle several projects and how did you determine priorities?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

I applied online and in few days I received a call for interview from HR asking about my availability for phone interview. Later, I got a call for interview by HR and asked few questions which were pretty straight forward. Later I was asked if I need sponsorship. Then I was rejected saying that the company cannot sponsor

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ameren (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview first. After thatI was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and some engineers. The questions were not too bad but you did have to think over your questions very carefully. The interview lasted over an hour for me and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the field of electrical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take initiative and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Substation Design Engineer Transmission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Questions about general skills areas such as agility and willingness to compromise. All questions had multiple parts. There was a total of 10 questions posed by a three person panel. Interview length was approximately 60 minutes. The interview was held at main building downtown in a conference room.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren in March 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty easy. Had a phone screening and then was called back for an interview with two supervisors who worked at the facility. Waited for about two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions focused on integrety, teamwork, communication, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied to a posting on the ameren site. They contacted me quickly to set up phone screen. It went well and interview followed. I was interviewed by two people.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL).

Interview

Behavioral interview with the usual questions. ... Tell me about a time when. It was pretty laid back (as laid back as a panel interview can be anyways) no surprise questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- it was a fair offer

Civil Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job posting online and was quickly contacted by the HR department and had a phone screening. I had an in person interview soon after. I was interviewed by 2 people and mostly all of the questions were behavioral, but some were more technical and about my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when.... (Behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview for general screening questions (skills, expected salary, willing to move, etc.).

Next, I was scheduled to take the Programmer Analyst Aptitude Test at Ameren.

After passing this, I was scheduled for a behavioral interview with a panel of three interviewers. I was given the chance to ask questions, learn more about the position afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision without the assistance of others.   Answer Question