Ameren Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Diversity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

HR screening via phone. Appeared to go well, basic review of resume and how it ties into the position being open. I was told that my response would be forwarded to the hiring manager and would hear back from the HR person by a specific day regarding next steps. I did not hear back from the hiring manager and she did not return my calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little more about your role at "insert employer name"   Answer Question

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Received a telephone call from HR, asking to set up a telephone screening. The telephone interview was straightforward and the representative just asked general questions about my resume. It generally seemed to be test to make sure you could elaborate on what you put on your resume and to make sure you were well-spoken and such. Got a call a few days later and they wanted to set up an in-person meeting at headquarters. Ameren uses behavioral interviewing during the in-person interview, where you have to respond to questions using the "SHARE" model (describing the situation, the hindrance, the action you took, the result, and how you would evaluate yourself). There were maybe 8 questions or so and the interview took about 45 minutes. There were two hiring managers in the room, as well as an HR representative, and they took turns asking questions. There wasn't much discussion or general chatter otherwise, but it seemed as if they were following a strict process. The questions were only difficult because you have to respond using the "SHARE" model, which makes responses lengthy and generally unnatural. They didn't ask any questions about my real estate experience, or previous work experience--only the behavioral-type questions (i.e., "describe a time when...").

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time that you had to make a decision that wasn't popular. Q: Describe how you manage a heavy workload.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Decatur, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was called by a recruiter 1 week later for phone interview. I was scheduled to take tests, (passed them). Invited for a face to face interview with 3 people in 1 room for the following day. It was very intimidating. I was told I would get a phone call by a certain date and they looked forward to seeing me again. I DID NOT get a phone call with a job offer. I did however get an email stating that I was not selected for the position 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an extra effort to satisfy a client. What was the situation? How did you respond to the customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineer-IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the HR department about a week after I applied online for an open position. They asked to schedule a phone screening. Completed the phone screening a few days later. General questions asked during the phone screening, verification of application, go over resume and whether I would need sponsorship in the future. About a week or two later I received a call asking to come in for a face to face interview. The interview was completed by a panel of three people, asking behavioral style questions. They make the candidates feel very comfortable and try their best to reduce stress. I got a call about two weeks after the interview telling me that they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle several projects and how did you determine priorities?   Answer Question

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameren (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was for a very short period. They asked me about myself, why am I interested in Ameren and other basic questions. Then they asked me if I will be needing sponsorship and then they stopped the interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

I applied online and in few days I received a call for interview from HR asking about my availability for phone interview. Later, I got a call for interview by HR and asked few questions which were pretty straight forward. Later I was asked if I need sponsorship. Then I was rejected saying that the company cannot sponsor

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameren (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview first. After thatI was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and some engineers. The questions were not too bad but you did have to think over your questions very carefully. The interview lasted over an hour for me and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the field of electrical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take initiative and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren in March 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty easy. Had a phone screening and then was called back for an interview with two supervisors who worked at the facility. Waited for about two weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions focused on integrety, teamwork, communication, etc.   Answer Question

Substation Design Engineer Transmission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Questions about general skills areas such as agility and willingness to compromise. All questions had multiple parts. There was a total of 10 questions posed by a three person panel. Interview length was approximately 60 minutes. The interview was held at main building downtown in a conference room.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied to a posting on the ameren site. They contacted me quickly to set up phone screen. It went well and interview followed. I was interviewed by two people.