AmeriCares Foundation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview and then a panel interview. Questions are asked about previous experiences, analytical, technical and behavioral questions. Interview is more like a conversation that you engage in. Interviewers are very positive and they have a great attitude. I think they study your body language and behavior. If you pass the in-person interview they give you an assessment to do (relevant to the duties in your role)

Interview Question – Technical questions about a random technical skill in your resume. Be prepared to answer exactly how you performed it!   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Stamford, CT

I applied online and interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation.

Interview Details – Standard. Very quick with follow up. Every one I talked to was very friendly.

Writer/Editor Interview

Writer/Editor
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation in July 2011.

Interview Details – They started with a phone interview. After that I had an in-person interview at the HQ, where I met with HR and the direct manager for the position. My third interview was again in-person at the office, where I met with the direct manager, the HR director, and about four other people all involved in the job in some way. Each interviewed me after I took an editing test.

Interview Question – I wouldn't call it difficult, but the most frequently asked question in the third round was how I worked. I'm not sure what they were looking for in this answer, but everyone asked it. Specifically they asked how I went about finding out information for the stories I would be writing. I could only draw on prior experience for this one - and I'm not sure it was what they were looking for. The best question I was asked concerned what my favorite piece of writing was, and why.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process was handled very professionally and the culture and warmth of the company came through. It was fairly low-key, with standard questions such as "walk me through your resume", long-term career goals, etc. I started with a phone interview with the recruiter and then scheduled a one-on-one interview in the office some two weeks later, which was actually more of a "get-to-know-you" conversation than an interview. I think it was important to them that I demonstrated my commitment to the work through my previous expierences. The culture of the office is pretty mission-driven so they like to bring like-minded people on board.

Interview Question – What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Worked for AmeriCares Foundation? Contribute to the Community!