AmeriCold Logistics

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

LTO Interview

LTO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics.

Interview Details – Such a high turn over rate, group interviews are conducted. Hired immediately pending physical, drug test and background check. Just show up and don't lie on application and you will be hired.

Negotiation Details – n/a. Hired on at Union rate with quarterly raises 1st year, yearly thereafter.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as an LTO, within 3 months I was promoted to Operations Supervisor, wasn't much of a interview process as they alredy interviewed me before the posting went up for the position. Our hiring process is generic as it contains a predetermined set of quetions we ask each person. Also contains a math test. You are then sent for a background and drug test, if you pass your hired within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I see that you are going to college, how do you plan on scheduling this around your work hours ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very one - sided, I have 14 years experience in this field and pursued other compensation ideas to make up for lack of pay and was told it was not fair to the other operation Supervisors.

LTO Warehouse Worker Interview

LTO Warehouse Worker
Gouldsboro, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in August 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, Initial Application, drug testing at a facility in dunmore, pa.

Interview Question – General questions about work history.   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
York, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a pannel interview with the senior leadership team in a conference room.

Interview Question – Why should we promote you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Ontario, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in May 2010.

Interview Details – hired on the spot they do a drug test and background check. the hr dept was great and they always were there to help from the beginng to the end.

Americold Logistics Interview

Americold Logistics
Malvern, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in February 2010.

Interview Details – My the plant Manager Greg, under Versa Cold Logistics and Office Manager Bonnie Murrey made the interview process comfortable. They are good Managers.

Interview Question – None, they were very professional and informative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate.

FSM Interview

FSM
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in December 2011.

Interview Details – It is a long process. Started with several questions by a recruiter. Next was a telephone interview which was several more questions. Then a face to face with my current supervisor. More questions and a facility tour. Then had a face to face with a VP at corporate. Drug test / Back ground check, wait a couple more weeks then finally start.

Interview Question – Can't really think of any. All questions pertained to the position, none were very difficult, they are just looking for a general overview of your back ground and how you would fit in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one. Had to take the job for less than it was advertised for. Basically it was take it or leave it.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Warehouse Worker
West Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in March 2013.

Interview Details – There was no interview, I emailed my resume witch only included 5 months prior warehouse work and got called in to fill out the paperwork for the job and was told I started in a week.

Negotiation Details – none. pay was okay

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in January 2009.

Interview Details – I actually applied and interviewed for this job in 2005-2006. Interview process was easy. The HR person they had at the time was very nice and we spent most of the time talking about personal and family stuff. So of course we connected and she wanted me to interview with the VP(someone different at that time) and a manager. I aced that and the very next day, I was contacted and offered a position.

Interview Question – I absolutely do not remember any questions from this interview...this was 5 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate...the salary at the time was satisfactory. I am quite sure they would not pay what they paid me at that time if they were hiring for this same position now.

Corporate Interview

Corporate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCold Logistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Did a phone interview with the recruiter who then put me in touch with their HR. Did a phone interview with their HR, then had another phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor.
Got approval from both the HR and supervisor for a 1:1 interview to meet the rest of the group. Scheduled and did the interviews. They were done individually, not as a panel.
The following week, I got an offer.

Interview Question – Describe your work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not that flexible on formalizing changes to their offer, but informally said they would accommodate most of what I wanted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AmeriCold Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriCold Logistics interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by AmeriCold Logistics employees and interview candidates.