AmeriCorps AmeriCorps Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2014.

AmeriCorps is awesome!. Everything was so detailed and precise when applying and submitting my information. My AmeriCorps supervisor didn't interview me, my site supervisor did, but the hiring wasn't a hit and miss. I knew I was getting the position.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was the travel issue. This was a personal issue I had but after my 1st 3 stipends of AmeriCorps pay I had a vehicle and was able to attend every event that was out of town.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriCorps

AmeriCorps Member Interview

It's a frustrating process full of confusion and quick deadlines. There is no real interview process, at least for Corps Members. You submit your application, and then you wait for them to review your provided information and run some background checks. Figuring out where you are in the process is obnoxious, but it took only a month start to finish to hear a final yes. Also, the final yes is still conditional upon your completion of paperwork every 10 days.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Apply through the online portal. Pro of this was that your application could be sent up to 20 times to organizations that you were interested in. Con is that the website is difficult to navigate. The interview was given from the American Red Cross Regional Chapter that I applied to. It was a standard interview, knowledge of Red Cross, knowledge of Region, knowledge of job description and how your skills match.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what you believe you might do for your Americorps special project.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2013.

Submit application online. Apply to up-to 20 employers.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

It was very easy and simple for the most part. The problem is, at least with the NCCC, their selection process is basically a lottery. I have seen extremely qualified people apply and be denied or put on a wait list. Your best bet is to apply early and do a good interview. From there, its really just luck of the draw.

Interview Questions
    • How well can you adapt to a constantly changing work environment?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Apply Online. Pick specific areas like education, healthcare, etc to see the programs that are running in the specific area you want. The director of each program contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was a panel style interview with the returning members being there.

None, its a stipend

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Initial phone interview about AmeriCorps in general, then 2nd interview about the specific position.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Had to complete an online application and after I finished was asked a series of yes or no interview questions (within a month ).

Interview Questions
    i had to take the salary they offered

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

The phone interview was concise and pleasant. The Iowa staff was courteous, responsive, and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions that I can remember.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Onsite interview, interaction with children and old members.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions about aggressive children and parents.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, service is for a full year term.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!