AmeriCorps

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – It's a frustrating process full of confusion and quick deadlines. There is no real interview process, at least for Corps Members. You submit your application, and then you wait for them to review your provided information and run some background checks. Figuring out where you are in the process is obnoxious, but it took only a month start to finish to hear a final yes. Also, the final yes is still conditional upon your completion of paperwork every 10 days.

AmeriCorps Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – Apply through the online portal. Pro of this was that your application could be sent up to 20 times to organizations that you were interested in. Con is that the website is difficult to navigate. The interview was given from the American Red Cross Regional Chapter that I applied to. It was a standard interview, knowledge of Red Cross, knowledge of Region, knowledge of job description and how your skills match.

Interview Question – They asked what you believe you might do for your Americorps special project.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submit application online. Apply to up-to 20 employers.

Interview Question – Can you move here and live on $12k?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – It was very easy and simple for the most part. The problem is, at least with the NCCC, their selection process is basically a lottery. I have seen extremely qualified people apply and be denied or put on a wait list. Your best bet is to apply early and do a good interview. From there, its really just luck of the draw.

Interview Question – How well can you adapt to a constantly changing work environment?   Answer Question

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – Apply Online. Pick specific areas like education, healthcare, etc to see the programs that are running in the specific area you want. The director of each program contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was a panel style interview with the returning members being there.

Interview Question – Why this program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, its a stipend

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – Initial phone interview about AmeriCorps in general, then 2nd interview about the specific position.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in AmeriCorps   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – Had to complete an online application and after I finished was asked a series of yes or no interview questions (within a month ).

Interview Question – none they were straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i had to take the salary they offered

AmeriCorps Member

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – The phone interview was concise and pleasant. The Iowa staff was courteous, responsive, and engaging.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

AmeriCorps Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – Onsite interview, interaction with children and old members.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions about aggressive children and parents.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, service is for a full year term.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2010.

Interview Details – Application online, then what seems like an obscene amount of time waiting for a response (similar to applying to college). Then going in and speaking with the site and its supervisors, seeing if you are a right "fit". Then, orientations up the wha-zoo.

Interview Question – What do you think about Lil Wayne's music?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty much: "Oh, sorry we didn't update the website, but we longer offer that benefit... But if you'll sign here we can continue."

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!