AmeriCorps

54 candidate interviews

Service Member Interview

Service Member
Camden, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in September 2011.

Interview Details – Paperwork was insane. Most ever. In-person interview with site supervisor fairly normal, but phone interview with AmeriCorps interviewer had a lot of mis-information and strange, scripted questions.

Interview Question – Hard for me to remember, but it was a lot of ethical questions about things like stealing, etc. (Phone interview this is). Scripted questions, with person on other end of phone writing down the answers. No follow-up questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Community Service Coordinator Interview

Community Service Coordinator
Sumter, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consist of the whole staff asking questions about qualifications of the job and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Question – How could I handle particpants that were my peers?   View Answer

Tutor Interview

Tutor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AmeriCorps in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was straight forward. The questions consisted of different scenerios and how I would handle them, as well as questions concerning my motivation behind wanting to be part of Americorps.

Interview Questions

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly and informative about the position's expectations. The questions were standard interview questions such as about my strengths and situations I'd overcome.

Interview Question – Give an example of conflict you had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Washington Reading Corps Tutor Interview

Washington Reading Corps Tutor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Americorps portal and was contacted after about a week. I went in person to the interview, and the interviewer was friendly and engaging. I would suggest that applicants be internet-savvy, a good writer as well as typist (as the online application required a lot of navigating websites), and be genuinely interested in elementary education. I felt the interview was very professional but laid-back enough for humor, and the work environment is professionally casual. I was offered the job about 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – What do you feel is a flaw that prevents you from working with other people?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Corps Member
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps in March 2009.

Interview Details – For NCCC you first fill out an online application, you must submit a personal statement and a couple of references. You also must answer questions. The phone interview was relatively easy, and relaxed. They ask you a couple of questions about team work and your work ethic. They ask for examples and then you wait. You may get a phone call later from an Alumni or someone in the corps that asks you if you have any questions about the program.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a problem with a member of your team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate

AmeriCorps Member Interview

AmeriCorps Member
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2010.

Interview Details – Application online, then what seems like an obscene amount of time waiting for a response (similar to applying to college). Then going in and speaking with the site and its supervisors, seeing if you are a right "fit". Then, orientations up the wha-zoo.

Interview Question – What do you think about Lil Wayne's music?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty much: "Oh, sorry we didn't update the website, but we longer offer that benefit... But if you'll sign here we can continue."

Program Coordinator, Non-Profit Interview

Program Coordinator, Non-Profit
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 different organizations. I ranked which one I would like most to work for and they ranked which candidate they would like to employ most.

Interview Question – What are your weakest traits   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call and was expected to accept the job on the spot. I took a day and returned the call to accept the job.

Mentor Interview

Mentor

I applied online - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview involved an initial phone interview and then a full day interview. After I got hired it was A LOT of paperwork.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything being difficult. Most of the question dealt with service to the community.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation.

Career Advisor Interview

Career Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice and professional environment. They really want you to succeed.

Interview Question – How are you going to survive on the living stipend.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriCorps interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by AmeriCorps employees and interview candidates.