AmeriCorps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Jumpstart Tutor Interview

Jumpstart Tutor

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – The interview was straight-forward.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

AmeriCorps* Vista Interview

AmeriCorps* Vista

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – The questions are pretty much expected. Questions usually are bases around the job description and skills so look at that before the interview. Prior experience in the area of service is greatly preferred. Don't worry if you're not bilingual. Usually one interview (phone or on person) and then find out about 2 weeks later of hired.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty standard. Make sure you show your passion for the work you will being doing and any understanding/experience you have with poverty.   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Corps Member
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and after a week, was contacted for an in-person email. The applications are scored and those who pass a certain threshold are given interviews. The in-person interview went for about 30 minutes and most questions were pretty straight-forward. They wanted to make sure you were in it for the right reasons, make sure that you understood that you would be making very little money and that you could live on it, and had a lot of flexibility. Within 2 days, I received a job offer and was given 2 weeks to accept or deny.

Interview Question – What do you think will be the most difficult part of working with populations unlike your own?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2009.

Interview Details – You apply on the AmeriCorps website and then fill out an application with a specific employer. You are then contacted for a first round of interviews. If you are accepted, you are given a second, more serious interview about your commitment to teaching. Then you are accepted as a full-time teacher.

Interview Question – What skills will you bring to the classroom to help our children learn?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – Easy.

Interview Question – How would you run a store?   Answer Question

Big Brothers Big Sister Interview

Big Brothers Big Sister
Billings, MT

I applied online - interviewed at AmeriCorps in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a huge brain fart, it made me question why I was applying for the job. The interviewer where 30 minutes late to the phone interview, also the were unperpared. The questions were redunit on so many levels you can only as the same questions so many times. It made me wonder if this was a job I really wanted, luckily it's wasn't.

Interview Question – Wasn't really one, outside of them person asking me if I drink beer...-_-...yea   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to travel to Montana to be disappointed so I relocated to Philidelphia, PA..Best time of my life...lol

Computer Literacy Instructor Interview

Computer Literacy Instructor

I applied online and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online, went to a 2 person interview, then to a group interview then I was emailed to let know i had the position.

Interview Question – What would you like to improve about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are unable to really negotiate your living allowance only hours.

Long and Tedious Applications Process Interview

Long and Tedious Applications Process

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in July 2012.

Interview Details – The online application process is a pain. It is long, involved and extremely tedious. I understand trying to weed out those who truly want to help over those looking for a free ride but the number of hoops I had to jump though just to get an interview was ridiculous.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict when people refuse to listen to your reasoning yet you must aid them?   View Answer

AmeriCorps Member Interview

AmeriCorps Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details – Onsite interview, interaction with children and old members.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions about aggressive children and parents.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, service is for a full year term.

Volunteer Retention Coordinator Interview

Volunteer Retention Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AmeriCorps in June 2009.

Interview Details – AmeriCorps does not have any hiring or interview process, that is up to each individual organization which partners with AmeriCorps. The non-profit that hired me had a very short phone interview which was the only part of the interview process.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase as the annual salary is actually a living stipend that is determined by the US Congress.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps