AmeriCorps Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
58 interviews

2.3

Computer Literacy Instructor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Filled out the application online, went to a 2 person interview, then to a group interview then I was emailed to let know i had the position.

Interview Questions
    You are unable to really negotiate your living allowance only hours.

Long and Tedious Applications Process Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in July 2012.

The online application process is a pain. It is long, involved and extremely tedious. I understand trying to weed out those who truly want to help over those looking for a free ride but the number of hoops I had to jump though just to get an interview was ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict when people refuse to listen to your reasoning yet you must aid them?   View Answer

AmeriCorps Member Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Onsite interview, interaction with children and old members.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions about aggressive children and parents.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, service is for a full year term.

Volunteer Retention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at AmeriCorps in June 2009.

AmeriCorps does not have any hiring or interview process, that is up to each individual organization which partners with AmeriCorps. The non-profit that hired me had a very short phone interview which was the only part of the interview process.

There is no negotiation phase as the annual salary is actually a living stipend that is determined by the US Congress.

Program Coordinator, Non-Profit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2011.

I interviewed with 3 different organizations. I ranked which one I would like most to work for and they ranked which candidate they would like to employ most.

Interview Questions
    I received a phone call and was expected to accept the job on the spot. I took a day and returned the call to accept the job.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps in August 2010.

Application online, then what seems like an obscene amount of time waiting for a response (similar to applying to college). Then going in and speaking with the site and its supervisors, seeing if you are a right "fit". Then, orientations up the wha-zoo.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about Lil Wayne's music?   View Answer
    Pretty much: "Oh, sorry we didn't update the website, but we longer offer that benefit... But if you'll sign here we can continue."

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AmeriCorps in March 2010.

I was introduced to the department hiring manager by another employee. The interview was more of a sit down, get to know you session

Salary was non-negotiable

Community Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sumter, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in October 2010.

The interview consist of the whole staff asking questions about qualifications of the job and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • How could I handle particpants that were my peers?   View Answer

Service Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camden, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in September 2011.

Paperwork was insane. Most ever. In-person interview with site supervisor fairly normal, but phone interview with AmeriCorps interviewer had a lot of mis-information and strange, scripted questions.

Interview Questions
    • Hard for me to remember, but it was a lot of ethical questions about things like stealing, etc. (Phone interview this is). Scripted questions, with person on other end of phone writing down the answers. No follow-up questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AmeriCorps in June 2011.

The hiring and interview process was simple: 1) Replied to a Craigslist post by applying on the BAYAC AmeriCorps jobs site 2) Was contacted by phone for an interview 3) Interviewed by a panel of 4 people in leadership positions