Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps
- AmeriCorps Member (19)
- AmeriCorps VISTA (8)
- Corps Member (4)
- Vista (1)
- Intern (1)
- Site Supervisor (1)
- Mentor (1)
- Teacher (1)
- Team Leader (1)
- Group Leader (1)
- Americorps-Vista (1)
- Summer Associate (1)
- ESL Instructor (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Credit Counselor (1)
- Volunteer (1)
- Volunteer Coordinator (1)
- Tutor (1)
- Unit Leader (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Care Coordinator (1)
- Career Advisor (1)
- Program Coordinator, Non-Profit (1)
- Jumpstart Tutor (1)
- City Year Corps Member (1)
- Tutoring (1)
- Americorps-Vista, Friendship Volunteer Center (1)
- Washington Reading Corps Tutor (1)
- Service Member (1)
- Community Service Coordinator (1)
Mentor Recruiter Interview
This position was referred to me, by someone that had oversight of the program. There was about 2 weeks between turning in my application and the actual interview process.
The program was working directly with a School District so the Director of Community Engagement for the school district administered the interview.
The interview was typical direct questions of
-Tell me about yourself
- Why are you interested in Americorps VISTA?
- What skills (from experience) will you be able to bring to being a recruiter?
-What are some challenges that you foresee and how will you maneuver?
There was also a portion of time when the Director was trying to make sure that I knew what I was getting into and that it was volunteer... she wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to quit because she felt my education level was higher than many of the other volunteers.
- The questions were not difficult (standard general questions). The interview is more of a time of them getting to know you and an informational for seeing if it is an opportunity of interest. Answer Question
There was no negotiation phase. Americorps VISTA is a stipend program and you know the details of the stipend prior to interviewing.