1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Mentor Recruiter Interview

Interview

This position was referred to me, by someone that had oversight of the program. There was about 2 weeks between turning in my application and the actual interview process.

The program was working directly with a School District so the Director of Community Engagement for the school district administered the interview.

The interview was typical direct questions of
-Tell me about yourself
- Why are you interested in Americorps VISTA?
- What skills (from experience) will you be able to bring to being a recruiter?
-What are some challenges that you foresee and how will you maneuver?

There was also a portion of time when the Director was trying to make sure that I knew what I was getting into and that it was volunteer... she wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to quit because she felt my education level was higher than many of the other volunteers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult (standard general questions). The interview is more of a time of them getting to know you and an informational for seeing if it is an opportunity of interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Americorps VISTA is a stipend program and you know the details of the stipend prior to interviewing.