AmeriCorps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mentor Recruiter Interview

Mentor Recruiter

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details – This position was referred to me, by someone that had oversight of the program. There was about 2 weeks between turning in my application and the actual interview process.

The program was working directly with a School District so the Director of Community Engagement for the school district administered the interview.

The interview was typical direct questions of
-Tell me about yourself
- Why are you interested in Americorps VISTA?
- What skills (from experience) will you be able to bring to being a recruiter?
-What are some challenges that you foresee and how will you maneuver?

There was also a portion of time when the Director was trying to make sure that I knew what I was getting into and that it was volunteer... she wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to quit because she felt my education level was higher than many of the other volunteers.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult (standard general questions). The interview is more of a time of them getting to know you and an informational for seeing if it is an opportunity of interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. Americorps VISTA is a stipend program and you know the details of the stipend prior to interviewing.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriCorps Mentor Recruiter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AmeriCorps employees and interview candidates.