AmeriCorps Research Coordinator and Volunteer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Coordinator and Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps in December 2011.

I applied online to several positions in different locations.

I was curious to see what the job entailed, so I cold called one of the supervisors. I got all the information I needed and continued with the application.

Shortly after applying (no more than three business days) I received a call from the direct supervisor. The person I spoke to was exceptionally cordial and asked a lot of general questions (will provide details below).

The next day I spoke to another supervisor. This person asked the same questions in addition to a few personality questions. Fairly simple.

All in all, there were a total of two phone interviews. The people in AmeriCorps are much more interested in your personality and passion than experience.

Interview Questions
  • This opportunity pays very little while you work full time. Are you still interested?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle making less than $11,000 a year after taxes?   View Answer
  • AmeriCorps works with all sorts of organizations. What makes this one interesting to you?   Answer Question
  • In your eyes, how would you define community?   Answer Question
  • Your college degree is not relevant to this field. Why do you want to work in an organization completely different to your studies?   Answer Question
Unfortunately, there is no room to negotiate.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!