AmeriGas

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AmeriGas in April 2014.

After I applied for the position of Customer Relations Representative I was contacted right away. Set up initial interview with Regional Manager. Then had a phone interview with Sales Manager to role play. I was the employee and Sales Manager was the customer. Was then asked to fill out an official application.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult questions asked during the whole interview process.   Answer Question

The salary was way lower than expected and was more entry level than the level that I am currently at.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AmeriGas.

The position I applied for was located in Phoenix and the interview also took place there. I applied through Careerbuilder and within a week or so I received a call back asking to set up an in person interview. The interview consisted of 3 separate 1-on-1 meetings throughout the afternoon. The first two lasted for 30-45 minutes each and the last interview was with an HR lady and lasted only about 10 minutes. I was contacted a day later to set up an informal follow-up meeting that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time you've failed in life and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AmeriGas in May 2011.

First a phone interview by the Region HR, then a face to face with the Area Director, next another phone interview with the Region Sales Manager, then a panel interview with the Call Center Director, the Logistics Director and the Operations Director, aftet that one final phone interview with the VP of the Region.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe you can turn the region around and create a positive morale and how would you start.   View Answer
    no room for negotiations

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in August 2009.

chances are you will be contacted by an employment agency and work as a temp for the first 6 months. this temporary position will be pushed as long as they think they can get away with keeping you there - I actually submitted my resignation and was asked to sign on as full time the day after
    Interview with the manager of the team - generally the supervisor and the department manager and depending on the position you may end up speaking with the director of that department

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is more of a personalty interview - I didn't get asked anything too difficult for the position I was seeking   Answer Question
    They will not negotiate on salary vacation or anything else

Seasonal Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in September 2011.

After 30 minute telephone interview, received an invitation for in person interview (panel) next day. Sent a thank you email the following day with no response. Seasonal positions do not become permanent employees.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • Everyone has someone that they have trouble getting along with, how did you handle communicating with that person?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in April 2011.

Minimal face to face

no negotiation

All Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AmeriGas in October 2009.

no standard questions. How do you handle conflict

none

Compensation Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in November 2008.

Obtai the job through an agency. Interviewed with the agency recruiter, then the company Director of Hr, company Director of Compensation, company Manager of Payroll.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you were involved with? Tell me about something that did not go as planned?   Answer Question
    Salary. Aim high, have a number you won't go below.