AmeriGas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AmeriGas.

Interview

Submitted resume online
    Contacted to take online assessment.
    Phone interview with HR
    Panel Interview with upper management.
    Phone interview with Regional VP
    Process took just under two months from the time resume was submitted.
    Everyone that I talked to from start to finish were very pleasant and professional.
    Everyone was more than willing to answer any and all questions about the company.
    Overall my personal experience was above average compared to other major companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions for the position that you are applying for to prove that you have the experience. For example,
      "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer"
      "Tell me how you were involved in safety in your previous or current position"
      "Explain to me your current or previous role"

Answer Question

National Accounts Temp Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas.

Interview

I interviewed with one of the NA managers. She was good a explaining what she needed from a temp and explained at length what tasks I would need to perform. I could tell she was used to doing this. She asked very targeted questions to see if I would be a good fit for her team. She has to hire and train new temps every couple of months so she's good a figuring out a good match. I found out about 2 days later she wanted to offer the position to me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AmeriGas (Madison, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

After I applied for the position of Customer Relations Representative I was contacted right away. Set up initial interview with Regional Manager. Then had a phone interview with Sales Manager to role play. I was the employee and Sales Manager was the customer. Was then asked to fill out an official application.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any difficult questions asked during the whole interview process.   Answer Question

The salary was way lower than expected and was more entry level than the level that I am currently at.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AmeriGas (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume, then contacted to filled out two page questionnaire. Finally a phone interview, a week later a face to face interview. Followed up by 3 interviews that were conducted over 2 hours away. The process took over two months. Interviews were nothing more than canned interview questions to determine whether you have the experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have safety experience background. ( in a position that was not surrounding safety responsibility), although I had the experience   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AmeriGas (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The position I applied for was located in Phoenix and the interview also took place there. I applied through Careerbuilder and within a week or so I received a call back asking to set up an in person interview. The interview consisted of 3 separate 1-on-1 meetings throughout the afternoon. The first two lasted for 30-45 minutes each and the last interview was with an HR lady and lasted only about 10 minutes. I was contacted a day later to set up an informal follow-up meeting that lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you've failed in life and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AmeriGas in May 2011.

Interview

First a phone interview by the Region HR, then a face to face with the Area Director, next another phone interview with the Region Sales Manager, then a panel interview with the Call Center Director, the Logistics Director and the Operations Director, aftet that one final phone interview with the VP of the Region.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you can turn the region around and create a positive morale and how would you start.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for negotiations

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

chances are you will be contacted by an employment agency and work as a temp for the first 6 months. this temporary position will be pushed as long as they think they can get away with keeping you there - I actually submitted my resignation and was asked to sign on as full time the day after
    Interview with the manager of the team - generally the supervisor and the department manager and depending on the position you may end up speaking with the director of that department

Interview Questions

• The interview process is more of a personalty interview - I didn't get asked anything too difficult for the position I was seeking   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will not negotiate on salary vacation or anything else

Seasonal Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in September 2011.

Interview

After 30 minute telephone interview, received an invitation for in person interview (panel) next day. Sent a thank you email the following day with no response. Seasonal positions do not become permanent employees.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a team environment?   Answer Question
    • Everyone has someone that they have trouble getting along with, how did you handle communicating with that person?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AmeriGas in April 2011.

Interview

Minimal face to face

Negotiation

no negotiation

All Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AmeriGas in October 2009.

Interview

no standard questions. How do you handle conflict

Negotiation

none