AmeriLife & Health Services Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very proffesional, their managers where very cordial. I was asked about my work ethic and my sales backround. If I had what it takes to be succesful using their training tools and I told them that I did. They also asked me if I was prepared to work hard my first thirty days to get a running start.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriLife & Health Services

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

they hire anyone who is breathing.questions are basic as to why....are you here? what are your qualifications...when can you start.Anything in your background that can prevent you from getting a license.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Sarasota, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was told I could make a lot more than any reasonable person knowing what they know should tell you. I was told I would be running leads of people who had requested to see me (False). I was told I could start making money within a month or two (False). I was not told I would not be able to work in this field forva minimum of 18-24 months after leaving Amerilife. I could go on like this forever. I think you get the point.

Interview Questions

• Do you like helping people.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services.

Interview

I received a telephone call to set up a interview, I came in and was greeted by the office personal and was interviewed by the manager. The manager was detailed and told me how the company worked and the opportunity with the career could be life changing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone is treated the same

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Must have clean background, must be self motivated,

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed with the branch manager at a sales job fair on a Monday. He seemed impressed enough that on the spot he scheduled me a 2nd interview with him that Friday. I assumed I would be meeting with other people on the 2nd interview but I was wrong. It basically wasn't even an interview. He spent his time selling the position to me and came off a bit desperate. Whenever I asked questions about the salary he deflected his answer to how much opportunity there is to "make money."

Interview Questions

• Actually the only question he asked me was, "If you had an appointment to get to by noon, what time would you leave the office to ensure you got there on time?" I mean, really? The rest of the time was spent selling the company and position to me.   Answer Question

I didn't have a good feeling about the company. I felt like I was being conned into a pyramid scheme of some sort. There also were not any benefits and I was told I wouldn't see a paycheck for 1-2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Talk with a branch leader and GM regarding the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Brandon, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Present yourself as a professional at all times. Every personality stands alone. I am interested in making your strengths stronger while integrating skills into other core products in order to diversify knowledge in all facets of the business. Must be positive and a team player with a self starter attitude. Accept and ask for help from piers in order to have a full understanding of how the Amerilife family works.

Interview Questions

• Will I have paid training and what can I expect to make?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Brooksville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

After submitting my CL and resume I received an email inviting me to an interview. I was there along with one other interviewee. First we filled out an application (as though they never looked at my resume), meet with the branch manager (gave speil why Amerilife was the place to work), then sat through the branch meeting along with all of the other agents, then met with branch leader who answered questions we had. Offerred us both the position after the Q&A.

Interview Questions

Everyone looked stressed and unhappy during the branch meeting (I don't want to end up like them). Branch manager said they have meetings every Monday - Saturday at 8:15am (I want time to spend with my family on the weekends). They didn't care who or what I do, they just 'need' people to work for them (which is why I think they have such a high turn-over rate since they hire anyone and everyone). Although the pay is 100% commission, I truly believe you can make a ton of money here; however, happiness over money is more important to me. If I had accepted, I'd be working six days a week, 10-hour shifts, for the rest of my life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services (Greensboro, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

They hire you on the spot. Require that you attend six days of training for six or more weeks. They lure you in with an offsite training in a major city. You stay in a motel paid for by them for 2 nights and 3 days. This is their one and only investment in you.