AmeriLife & Health Services

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services.

Interview Details – I received a telephone call to set up a interview, I came in and was greeted by the office personal and was interviewed by the manager. The manager was detailed and told me how the company worked and the opportunity with the career could be life changing

Interview Question – I did not feel there was any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone is treated the same

Brandon, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in January 2013.

Interview Details – Present yourself as a professional at all times. Every personality stands alone. I am interested in making your strengths stronger while integrating skills into other core products in order to diversify knowledge in all facets of the business. Must be positive and a team player with a self starter attitude. Accept and ask for help from piers in order to have a full understanding of how the Amerilife family works.

Interview Question – Will I have paid training and what can I expect to make?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services.

Interview Details – Must have clean background, must be self motivated,

Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed with the branch manager at a sales job fair on a Monday. He seemed impressed enough that on the spot he scheduled me a 2nd interview with him that Friday. I assumed I would be meeting with other people on the 2nd interview but I was wrong. It basically wasn't even an interview. He spent his time selling the position to me and came off a bit desperate. Whenever I asked questions about the salary he deflected his answer to how much opportunity there is to "make money."

Interview Question – Actually the only question he asked me was, "If you had an appointment to get to by noon, what time would you leave the office to ensure you got there on time?" I mean, really? The rest of the time was spent selling the company and position to me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't have a good feeling about the company. I felt like I was being conned into a pyramid scheme of some sort. There also were not any benefits and I was told I wouldn't see a paycheck for 1-2 months.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – Talk with a branch leader and GM regarding the industry.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Brooksville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting my CL and resume I received an email inviting me to an interview. I was there along with one other interviewee. First we filled out an application (as though they never looked at my resume), meet with the branch manager (gave speil why Amerilife was the place to work), then sat through the branch meeting along with all of the other agents, then met with branch leader who answered questions we had. Offerred us both the position after the Q&A.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Everyone looked stressed and unhappy during the branch meeting (I don't want to end up like them). Branch manager said they have meetings every Monday - Saturday at 8:15am (I want time to spend with my family on the weekends). They didn't care who or what I do, they just 'need' people to work for them (which is why I think they have such a high turn-over rate since they hire anyone and everyone). Although the pay is 100% commission, I truly believe you can make a ton of money here; however, happiness over money is more important to me. If I had accepted, I'd be working six days a week, 10-hour shifts, for the rest of my life.

Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was a standard interview. Asked some basic questions about why I wanted to get into insurance and what I wanted to do for my career etc etc. Very easy to get hired.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AmeriLife & Health Services in November 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. Just a one on one interview with the General Manager. Interview was more of a conversational style interview. Most questions centered around my current financial status, and goals. Other questions were geared towards uncovering my work ethic and sales experience. The managers were pretty much looking for someone who had the drive and determination to go talk to people in there homes about insurance.

Interview Question – What are your finanacial goals for the upcoming year?   View Answer

Worked for AmeriLife & Health Services? Contribute to the Community!