AmeriMark Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.8

TOE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmeriMark (Middleburg, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

You enter the building and the receptionist gives you a background check form to fill out. The reception was not exactly warm, one of the two that were seated there got up and left, as if she was appalled at my appearance, though I was dressed business professional and well groomed. So after I filled out the form the recruiter was called and I was handed a stack of 6 old people magazines. The recruiter led me upstairs to the call center where I was set up to listen to calls. The manager was little thrown off by me also, I started to wonder whether my East side city girl (but professional and courteous) vibe was throwing everyone off. But I kept a smile on my face and sat down to listen. I quickly noticed that their systems were just as outdated as the previous company I worked for. The tasks were relatively easy, there wasn't really any complex situations that arose while I was shadowing, and there was also little to no customer service as I've been told over and over by supervisor and recruiter alike. I also noticed that despite the fact I was told there was no cap on commission, I observed a little note explaining the commission structure, and the cap that I can make when converted to an hourly wage is $13.00/hour ($11.50) base pay. That was a blow but I was there so of course I moved on when one of the slightly rude floor managers came over to me and told me to take off my headphones and follow her. She told me that the original floor manager would meet us shortly. I guess this was the actual interview, she started off by asking me what did I think of the phone experience, in big words I pretty much told her it was simple. Then she quickly got on my work history and the fact that I've had numerous jobs. This is an obstacle that I am aware of and that I always prepare for but I did not like the delivery of her questions, I felt as if I was being judged or critiqued. So after I shut her up the other woman joined us and wanted to know why I did not stay in my retail positions; she was also not really satisfied with my answer, commenting that she was also a retail worker in the past. My replies came as quickly as this firing squad could spew questions. When the interview concluded I did not feel as if I would be offered the position and told them I had no further questions. Even if I were offered the position I would not want to work under either of them. Overall they claim they were not offer a customer service position, but they also left a bad taste in my mouth as a company.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the phone experience?   1 Answer

TOE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AmeriMark (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview process was quick and easy. Very informational and straight forward. They let you know right away if you are hired or not. The managers are very friendly and the staff as well. They let you sit with a rep during the interview so can get an idea on what exactly it is that they do.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It is miserable work to be on the telephone all day listening to very ignorant, very ignorant, very ignorant customers complain and lie to you about virtually anything they can think of to get all they can out of you. The company gives a line of credit to people who can't even read and who don't even understand what the word "interest" even means. The company thrives on such as these.

Interview Questions

• If you do not have a criminal background you can get a job here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none...take it or leave it.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleburg, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AmeriMark (Middleburg, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which was relatively easy. This was followed by a three-hour in-person interview. I had to take a math test and an Excel test, followed by an hour-(plus) long interview by a panel of two. Questions were all STAR/behavioral style. (What was a time when..? questions). ******I received NO response. No yes/no, no feedback. I was promised I would hear back either way within a few weeks. I called, left a voicemail for the recruiter, and sent TWO email messages, with no response back from any of these!!!! Very unprofessional).*******

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AmeriMark (Cleveland, OH) in July 2008.

Interview

Gave an old excel test that was probably from 1998.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No such thing.