America First Credit Union Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at America First Credit Union in June 2013.

I do have very good credentials, applied one night. Got a call and interview the next morning. Got a call to set up a second interview seconds after the first.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly just be genuine and compassionate. Don't try to be fake, it'll show.   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate pay, it took a big pay cut from my previous employer. But they told me theres a lot of chances for advancement.

Anonymous Employee  in  West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at America First Credit Union in February 2012.

I applied online. Waited a week for the follow up call. He asked me to come in for an interview. We introduced ourselves and began, he asked why I had such short periods of time for employment and why a big gap from past job until now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee? How did you resolve that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverdale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at America First Credit Union in January 2009.

My friend worked for the company in Human Resources so when I applied I made sure to put his name on the application. The entry level position you need to put in for is "Member Service." This could mean one of two things, you will either be a teller at a branch or in the Customer Service Call Center. They called me to one of their Salt Lake Offices for my first interview. It was just a simple screening interview with basic skills, background and get to know you questions. My second interview was more intense but not like they were grilling me just more serious and more in depth questions. It was done by a Senior Manager and he asked me about my dealings with the Credit Union. I said I only had a savings and checking. He also asked me what I knew about America First Credit Union. I fumbled this one and started mumbling something about branches across Utah and eventually said I wasn't sure. Here is why I got the job though: sales. All my previous work experience had been in sales. He liked that and said America First was actually a sales job as well. He said you are always selling in any industry. Whether you are selling yourself or the company. Who you are and how you act says volumes about the company. He asked me what branch I wanted to work at. I knew I had the job. The last interview was from my branch manager which was fun, relaxed and enjoyable. A few days later they called me and told me I had gotten the job!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Credit Union's History?   Answer Question
    • Relate a time when you had a challenge on the job and were able to overcome the challenge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverdale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at America First Credit Union in June 2011.

Meet with operations manager and another staff member. very nice and felt very comfortable.

Consider the benefits given by America First in addition to the salary offered. They have a very generous 401K and pension plan.

Backup Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at America First Credit Union in April 2011.

My cousin worked for the same branch, but I was not told until after the interview that they could not hire me if she worked there. They gave me the interview just for my "experience" as if they were doing me a favor. I would have rather not showed up on my day off to interview for a job I couldn't get.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas you have for motivating employees?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at America First Credit Union in January 2008.

Applies online. Contacted by HR where I was sent to a branch for interview. Interviewed with branch manager and lead teller, simple and basic interview. Nothing out of the normal

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to advance in our company   View Answer
    Most teller incomes cannot be negotiated fromw hat I know of.

Interviews for Top Jobs at America First Credit Union

Worked for America First Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!