America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Optometric Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in August 2010.

Very easy met with hiring manager went over my resume, my experince and background. Ask if hired how soon could I work I told them next week. Why do you want to work for this company, What is typical day like at thid facility. Whats the turn over rate here.

Interview Questions
    What hourly rate was I look for with the company.

Contact Lens Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in July 2010.

Manager was very laid back. Very good interview, easy questions. The interview was very short. Just asked what I expected from the company and how I will benefit from working here, Basic interview questions.

none

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in May 2010.

nothing just have to be cool and have lots of experience and must have good and clean record and must have college degree. It amazing to do this job really cool pay and stuff and also half of this is a requirement to be able to do this job

Interview Questions
    • supervising and helping others and help deal with waiting room people   View Answer

i was too young

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in June 2011.

It helps to know someone to get into this company. The optical community is small and if you have a good reputation you will be sought out. Obviously the more you know the more you will be offered. They were very willing to negotiate rate of pay and even if you do not what you get at first there is so much room for growth it is unbelievable. This is not a dead end job.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Everything was pretty standard for someone in the field of optics.   Answer Question
    I told them how much I was looking for, they gave me their best offer and it ended up being perfect.

Receptionist/Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.

This job has paper application therefore you must go to the location and ask for one then return in dressed nicely. I asked if the manager was there and they were. I spoke to them and was called for an interview 2 weeks later. After the interview it was a few days that I go the job

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were similar to other retail jobs. They asks about sales experience and how much you enjoy working with customers. You just share you retail experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in February 2013.

I called got the address and sent in a resume. I was called shortly after that, and had an interview with the store manager as well as another assistant manager.

Receptionist/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in January 2011.

they called me shortly after I had applied.

Interview Questions
    • can you handle fast paced, multitask and difficult customers?   View Answer
    she told me since I had some insurance experience and some schooling I'm getting paid the most they could pay me.

Contact Lens Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ankeny, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in September 2013.

The interview consisted of a few brief questions about how you would handle different customer situations. All the employees were very friendly and welcoming. I was hired on the spot, then they have Vericon check out your history. Vericon got me mixed up with another person since they do not use your social security number but only variations of your name and birth date. They are very unreliable in doing background checks. After getting my own name cleared by going to the DCI, I was able to begin work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview went extremely smoothly.   Answer Question
    There base pay of $10 hr. plus an additional $1 hr. for being a keyholder was a great starting pay. You also earn bonuses for selling the customer's the club, which is very easy to do.

Unlicensed Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroe, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in September 2010.

Honestly, it was the easiest interview I've ever had. I went in extremely prepared and learned as much as I could about the company beforehand. The GM had my resume (I originally applied as a receptionist) and told me I was overqualified for that position. The entire interview was the GM explaining the role of the unlicensed optician position and explaining the required monthly sales goals. I believe the only question I was even asked was what my availibility was and how soon I could start. The interview ended with the GM telling me to call them if I hadn't heard anything within the next week. I called a week later and was offered the position and given a start date.

N/A

Unlicensed Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in December 2012.

very unorganized. I was called the day before to set up an interview at a hotel. I didn't find out I was hired until the manager contacted me to get to know me better. It was the district manager's job to tell me that I was hired and tell me how much I was to be paid. That never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time that you made an angry customer happy.   Answer Question
    I never had the chance to negotiate.

Worked for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses? Contribute to the Community!