America's Car-Mart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.1

Future Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Woodstock, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked about experience, basic management questions, and discussed company history and values. Discussed the program overview and requirements. Asked hypothetical questions on how would you handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

General Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart.

Interview

Detailed, a little tedious and management had to fit me in between retail customers problems and or issues. The manager I met with, made me wait over 45 minutes to meet with him. He claimed he had an unexpected conference call he had to take and he could not re-schedule. That was very unprofessional and it frustrated me. I worked for this company for 1 year, I worked my tail off, worked ridiculous hours, was very dedicated and in the end...it was all for nothing.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I was a Christian or not, and I am not.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, they made written offer, I countered back, they agreed and that was it.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremore, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Claremore, OK).

Interview

Called about the position after seeing it on indeed.com, went in for a couple interviews with the GM which were very laid back and comfortable, did a drug test and that was about it. Simple, easy process.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions. When applying for a sales position, I was asked how I had done in sales previously.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for me personally. Try to get as much as you can at hiring, you won't get much more after.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Claremore, OK) in December 2013.

Interview

It took them a month to finally tell me I was hired even though they made the decision to hire me after my first interview. The interview was comfortable and I did not feel intimidated. The questions were relevant and didn't using confusing language. The manager seemed interested in what I had to say and was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation of a customer who is past due wanting to trade of their high balance vehicle?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Lebanon, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

The district/regional recruiter set-up an interview at a local dealership. The interview process was very in-depth and she did her job well. The strange part was she brought in the local general manager at the end, kind of gave it a close-the-deal feel. The rest of the questions were pretty good. She did a good job selling the company.

Interview Questions

• Where did you develop your most management skills.   1 Answer

The money was not good for a family of five. If I were in my 20's and only had my wife, I would jump at it.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Fayetteville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with recruiter over phone who was from Arkansas, then with area manager in person. The area manager was very easy going and friendly. It was a friendly interview not the normal "tell me why your the one for us" interview. The process was slow at first . The entire process took around two weeks. Pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• How many hours is too much?   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Fort Smith, AR) in June 2010.

Interview

Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is set. Little negotiation.

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2008.

Interview

Submitted resume to corporate HR department. One and a half hour phone interview. Flown to Corporate for interview with President and COO. Met for dinner with COO, Chairman of the Board and VP. Offered job at dinner table.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Spoke to COO next day to formally accept offer. Salary negotiation was like buying a used car. The conversation went back forth with point and counter point, ended negotiation with a negative feeling.