America's Car-Mart

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.0

General Manager In Training Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at America's Car-Mart.

Detailed, a little tedious and management had to fit me in between retail customers problems and or issues. The manager I met with, made me wait over 45 minutes to meet with him. He claimed he had an unexpected conference call he had to take and he could not re-schedule. That was very unprofessional and it frustrated me.

I worked for this company for 1 year, I worked my tail off, worked ridiculous hours, was very dedicated and in the end...it was all for nothing.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if I was a Christian or not, and I am not.   View Answer
    Simple, they made written offer, I countered back, they agreed and that was it.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremore, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at America's Car-Mart.

Called about the position after seeing it on indeed.com, went in for a couple interviews with the GM which were very laid back and comfortable, did a drug test and that was about it. Simple, easy process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions. When applying for a sales position, I was asked how I had done in sales previously.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase for me personally. Try to get as much as you can at hiring, you won't get much more after.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremore, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at America's Car-Mart in December 2013.

It took them a month to finally tell me I was hired even though they made the decision to hire me after my first interview. The interview was comfortable and I did not feel intimidated. The questions were relevant and didn't using confusing language. The manager seemed interested in what I had to say and was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the situation of a customer who is past due wanting to trade of their high balance vehicle?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at America's Car-Mart in April 2013.

The district/regional recruiter set-up an interview at a local dealership. The interview process was very in-depth and she did her job well. The strange part was she brought in the local general manager at the end, kind of gave it a close-the-deal feel. The rest of the questions were pretty good. She did a good job selling the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where did you develop your most management skills.   View Answer

The money was not good for a family of five. If I were in my 20's and only had my wife, I would jump at it.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at America's Car-Mart in June 2010.

Very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    Pay is set. Little negotiation.

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at America's Car-Mart in November 2008.

Submitted resume to corporate HR department. One and a half hour phone interview. Flown to Corporate for interview with President and COO. Met for dinner with COO, Chairman of the Board and VP. Offered job at dinner table.

Interview Questions
    Spoke to COO next day to formally accept offer. Salary negotiation was like buying a used car. The conversation went back forth with point and counter point, ended negotiation with a negative feeling.