American Airlines

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Internal application. After completing several Questionnaires online from Talent services I finally got a call to fly up to JFK for interview. The Interview was One-on One and was about 9 Questions. They were all situational questions pertaining to a scenario i have encountered and how i solved it and what i learned from it. Part two was a practical test which involved a Safety wire between 3 bolts , Setting a torque wrench and about six questions on different system schematics! Overall Not bad at all.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you encountered a barrier between you and another employee! (Language, ethnicity, experience etc)   Answer Question
No Negotiation. Contract pay scale

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2013.

Pretty simple hiring process. Three weeks after applying I received an email for an interview invitation. I was flown to Dallas. Upon arriving I was given the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude test, which is a 68 question picture test. Ex.( picture of a bicycle with a big wheel and small wheels. Which wheel will turn the most?) Test is timed 30 min must get 40 correct to proceed to a traditional interview. Upon completion I was interviewed by a manager with the recruiter present.

Interview Questions
    • No real challenging questions asked 1. If I was ever asked by a supervisor to sign off on an airworthiness item to get the plane out on time what would I do? 2. How would I handle a co worker who is visibly upset with me? 3. What would your last employer have to say about you? 4. What type of worker are you(procrastinator, or someone who uses time wisely)?   View Answer
    No negotiations pretty much you're given an offer sheet to accept on the spot yes or no. ( they have others coming in right behind you to be interviewed.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines.

Very simple years ago dont know how it is now

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in March 2010.

ask me question about my experience in the military what I worked on at General telephone and my family

my start pay was 9.00 dollars

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2008.

Must possess Airframe and Powerplant license. Easy to get hired if you have experience then better, but you won't be reimbursed for your experience. Will start from base pay. Negotiate your preference of area to work. Their are always opening through out system. Request other cities at the beginnign. If not then Eagle will tell you only one opening. Most likely a place where it it had for them to fill. (The Sticks). Interview is very basic and easy. just be professional.

Interview Questions
    • No questions where asked where much thought is needed to answer.
      Would you work nights?
        View Answer
    • Will you work weekends and on holidays?   View Answer
    • Would you tolerate abusive discriminatory behavior to you from your supervisor?   View Answer
    Pay start out is about $15/hr. Takes 12 years to top out of about $25/hr. This is a union position. Pay and job respobsibility is per Union and Company contract. If you take the job. Ask to work in a unionized base or else if not then when you transfer to a unionized base you will loose your raises and your seniority. Which seniority matters for everything. Such as layoffs, vacation and which shift to work!!!