American Airlines Aircraft Mechanic Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very simple years ago dont know how it is now

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple hiring process. Three weeks after applying I received an email for an interview invitation. I was flown to Dallas. Upon arriving I was given the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude test, which is a 68 question picture test. Ex.( picture of a bicycle with a big wheel and small wheels. Which wheel will turn the most?) Test is timed 30 min must get 40 correct to proceed to a traditional interview. Upon completion I was interviewed by a manager with the recruiter present.

Interview Questions

• No real challenging questions asked 1. If I was ever asked by a supervisor to sign off on an airworthiness item to get the plane out on time what would I do? 2. How would I handle a co worker who is visibly upset with me? 3. What would your last employer have to say about you? 4. What type of worker are you(procrastinator, or someone who uses time wisely)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations pretty much you're given an offer sheet to accept on the spot yes or no. ( they have others coming in right behind you to be interviewed.)

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2008.

Interview

Must possess Airframe and Powerplant license. Easy to get hired if you have experience then better, but you won't be reimbursed for your experience. Will start from base pay. Negotiate your preference of area to work. Their are always opening through out system. Request other cities at the beginnign. If not then Eagle will tell you only one opening. Most likely a place where it it had for them to fill. (The Sticks). Interview is very basic and easy. just be professional.

Interview Questions

• No questions where asked where much thought is needed to answer.
      Would you work nights?

1 Answer
    • Will you work weekends and on holidays?   1 Answer
    • Would you tolerate abusive discriminatory behavior to you from your supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay start out is about $15/hr. Takes 12 years to top out of about $25/hr. This is a union position. Pay and job respobsibility is per Union and Company contract. If you take the job. Ask to work in a unionized base or else if not then when you transfer to a unionized base you will loose your raises and your seniority. Which seniority matters for everything. Such as layoffs, vacation and which shift to work!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Jamaica, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Internal application. After completing several Questionnaires online from Talent services I finally got a call to fly up to JFK for interview. The Interview was One-on One and was about 9 Questions. They were all situational questions pertaining to a scenario i have encountered and how i solved it and what i learned from it. Part two was a practical test which involved a Safety wire between 3 bolts , Setting a torque wrench and about six questions on different system schematics! Overall Not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a barrier between you and another employee! (Language, ethnicity, experience etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Contract pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

ask me question about my experience in the military what I worked on at General telephone and my family

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Negotiation

my start pay was 9.00 dollars