American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I was very surprised on the questions. There are some pre-questions before the actual video interview to find out if you are qualified. Do you have tattoos, multiple ear piercing, or extreme hair color? Can you adhere to this policy? Yes or no. Do you have travel doc. to travel unrestricted to all the countries that AA services? Are you willing to relocate immediately after training? What other languages do you speak?

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy at first I was SUPER nervous but after hearing a few questions I became confident in myself! The questions were easy and the time frame to gather your thoughts is a huge help. Just relax & be secure within yourself. Remember your just showing them why YOUR the perfect fit for this position. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If you could be any where in the world right now where would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interviews that are done with partners. Each person asks other questions and you give the answers for the other person. So, it is dependent upon what they remember and write down.

Interview Questions

• A: The interview asked what is the one thing you wish you could say, but didn't get the chance to say?

B: One word to describe you?

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to American Airlines about a month ago. About a week and a half ago I got an email congratulating me on the being selected for the next step of the interview process and to take the video interview in the next 5 days. The video interview made me nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect. The video interview was pretty simple. You set your computer up somewhere quite and a voice from the program asks you 6 questions. You have 60 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to respond. Make sure to pay attention to the questions and take a deep breathe before answering! The email told me that it could take a while to hear back since there are many candidates for the job. I guess we'll see what happens!

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in person on June 24, 2015 at the American Airlines Conference and Training Center near the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. The interview was scheduled for noon. The interviewees gather in the reception area of the center prior to noon. There were 28 of us. At noon we were escorted to a meeting room with round tables seating 6 people at each. 5 recruiters were in the room and were introduced. The first task was for the 6 people at each table to unroll a large white piece of paper and draw a large circle and put three lines in the circle. We were told to list three items in the circle that all 6 of us had in common. Then we were told to draw 6 lines outside the circle - three on each side and each of the 6 of us were to write something about ourself......ie: belly dancer, iron woman etc. This task had to be completed in 5 minutes. Each group had to designate a spokesperson and take the sheet of paper to the front of the room with the other 5 members of the group. The spokesperson then read the three things we had in common. Then each team member said their first name and read one of the six items on the paper. The groups then had 5 minutes to come up with the person that matched one of the six items. Sound like fun.........not really unless you are 12 years old. Once this process went through all 28 people we were told we would be called in groups of six and go to a different room for an interview. My random group of 6 were called and went to the room - 1 of the recruiters who had participated since the beginning and someone new seated us in a semi circle in chairs facing the 2 of them. The first question was why do you want to be an American Airlines flight attendant. They started with the person on the farthest right and went through the six. Next question - tell us a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it - answers from the group were random. The final question and you are going to love this - they prefaced it by just pretend you are in the Miss America contest. One of the recruiters had 8 or 10 cards each with a question on them turned upside down. She started on the left with each person choosing a card. We were told to not look at the card until we stood up - flip it over, tell everyone the number of the question and then read the question. My question was - When was the last time you posted something on facebook and what was the post. Really..............you have got to be kidding me. I traveled cross country, spent two nights in a hotel room and this is how you determine who represents your company and ensures that your passengers travel safely.....anyway I digress. So then everyone gathered back into the large meeting room and watched an education video of American and the flight attendant job. The final segment is totally appalling. The recruiter told us they were very busy and it would be 10 - 14 days before we would hear if we were selected or not. This was said multiple times. Then they called 4 names and those people left the room. Our group assumed those 4 were taken to be fingerprinted. After that they begin to call each person out one by one and escort out of the room. They were escorted to the front of the building and told again that they would hear something in 10 -14 days. Ladies and gentlemen if you do not get finger printed at the conclusion of your interview you did not get selected. I have followed up with multiple interviewees and each got the TBNT 2 days later after the interview. American Airlines flight attendant recruiting office should be ashamed of themselves....all applicants in my group were adults. Adults can handle knowing at the conclusion of the interview process whether they were selected or not. You would not hire someone that lied to you so you should practice what you preach.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you posted on facebook and what did you post.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

It actually took a while before making it through the entire process. Upon applying, the send you an email requesting that you complete an online interview. They ask various questions pertaining to the job position you applied for. Make sure you dress professionally and ensure that your background is not distracting. After completing, it could take a while for them to review and get back with you, don't get discouraged (I did). They enventually sent me a follow email requesting that fill out some more information on my application and then......I waited...I waited, for about 4 months. I finally received an invitation email to arrange a flight to Dallas to complete a face to face on-site interview. It was scheduled for about a month and half out. When arriving, you take a shuttle to their training center. Very nice, might I add! It is the training center where if you offered employment, you will spend roughly 7 1/2 weeks. I must say that, althought I was rather nervous, the whole process was actually a lot of fun!! Met some really amazing people and a good time. The questions asked are not out of the usual and the recruiters were all pleasant and inviting! Waiting to hear back as to whether I will be considered for training, but all in all, it was a really good experience!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Please pay attention to instructions!! They will ask you to complete various tasks in the form of a game. Its all fun, but they are paying attention to if you have followed their instructions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied Online 10/1/2014
    Video InterviwRequested and Completed: 10/13/2014
    Feel great about my video interview! Hope for f2f invite soon! I am so excited for the opportunity. I really want this! The best advice I can give you is to BREATHE and take your time, Use your test video time to practoce answering some common questions you may think you'll hear. Be natural, show personality, but remember its a first impression. Free tip: Wear a watch, especially f2f.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical and all over forums. I felt prepared based on my research and was thankful for the questions i received!   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

Interview

It was a really easy interview! All the questions that were posted on here are the exact questions they will ask you online. Make sure to dress really professional and smile a lot. This is all first impression! If you study those questions you shouldn't have a problem, so don't stress out. Look relaxed and genuine. Not to cocky tho! So now its just a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• How would you see being relocated if you were offered the job?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on 29th Oct. After 2 days, I recieved a mail to take a personality test. 1 or 2days later, I was invited to take a video interview. It seemed like so fast and I was really happy and excited.

I did homework before taking a video interview. The questions for my interview were just like in this review. It helped me a lot.

Thank you everyone who shared your own experience!

But the thing is..from all reviews, I saw they usually asked 6 questions on a video interview. For me, I was given 5 questions. Actually, when I finished answering the 5th question, I saw the words in a box like "One moment..blah blah~" And then It suddenly turned out to a preperation mode for the next recording.

I felt a bit confused whether I finished the privious question or not. I just tried to be calm and recorded the same answer that I just finished. After interview, I immediately e mailed to the American Airlines Talent Services. I haven't heard anything yet.

I am not sure it was a technical problem so the 6th question didn't come through in audio or I was given 5 questions. just waiting for them.

Still it was a great experience and I felt really appriciated for American Airlines's fast interview process.

Hope I could hear soon!

Interview Questions

• It is hard to recall the question. but it was something about employee culture.   1 Answer