American Airlines

www.aa.com

American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online on January 21st, 2014. Recieved an email Feb. 11th inviting me to the video interview. Completed the video interview. You can find the exact questions by searching on this forum. There are 6 questions, It is automated and you have 3 minutes to record each question. On Feb. 24th I was sent an email inviting me to update my application online. On Feb. 28th I recieved an email stating there was overwhelming interest in the position and that I would receive a response in the following months. I didn't hear anything again until May 13,2014 stating again that there was overwhelming interest and thanking me for my patience. On May 21st I received an email congratulating me on being picked for the Face to Face interview. I spoke to a recruiter who set up an interview time for me and sent me an email with my flight itinerary provided by American Airlines a couple days later. My interview was set up for June 5, 2014. As people have explained when you arrive to the conference center you check in you are greeted and escorted into a waiting room (in my room there were about 30 individuals total and we just waited). Once everyone was checked in we were escorted into a room with 5 tables with 5 chairs at each table. People were free to choose their seats. There are 5 recruiters standing in the back of the room they introduce themselves and start taking notes on everything you do. We began with an icebreaker where each table was instructed to do the "Who's Who" game. You draw a big circle on a large piece of paper, you along with your team members are instructed to together find out three things you have in common with each other and write them in the circle, then on the outside of the circle each person writes something unique about themselves that nobody would ever guess by looking at them. After each group goes up and presents the things they have in common the rest of the room tries to guess what unique quality applies to what person. It was fun. Make sure to SMILE A LOT. Work with your team, be yourself and over everything be friendly and attentive. Word of advice, ladies wear your hair in a ponytail or bun. Pencil skirt, blouse, nude hose and appropriate high heels. Trust me! After the group excercise each of the recruiters selected 5 individuals and took them to separate rooms. You will sit in a row of five chairs with 2 recruiters in front of you. If you sit in the first seat closest to the door you will be chosen to answer questions first so be prepared. They ask different questions during the group interview and each person has a chance to answer. Some examples

1. What was your greatest accomplishment in your job?
2. What does customer service mean to you?
3. How do you provide exceptional service?
4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Then each person is given a blue notecard with a question on the back. You cannot look at the question. They ask you to stand up one by one flip over your card and answer your question in less than 30 seconds. I don't remember my question now; I was so nervous. But they ask things like, if you could have dinner with any person in the world who would it be and why?

Word of advice just think of influential people you look up to. And think about times during work that you have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Once the group interview is complete you are taken back to the initial room with your group to watch a slides how explaining the benefits of being a flight attendant with American Airlines. After the recruiters come in and start calling people for one on one interviews. I was the 5th person called. Was taken to a room with ten others to fill out a fingerprint authorization form. I was fingerprinted, did a reach test and was talked to one on one by one of the recruiters who asked me a few questions.

1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings that are visible?
2. Are you ok with wearing a uniform?
3. What other language a do you speak? (I applied as a bilingual attendant)
4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
5. What was your proudest moment in your current position?
6. Are you willing to relocate?

I do not know what happened with the other 20 people that were part of the entire group is only saw 10 of us be fingerprinted and interviewed. We were each told we would receive an email within 2 weeks stating if we got the job. I just interviewed and am waiting on an email. Hopefully I will get an offer :)

Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps

Interview Question – What was your proudest moment?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiters were down to earth and very nice. They made it a fun day which made the time fly quickly. They open with an ice breaker then pull you into smaller groups to do a quick panel style interview.

Interview Question – They were all fairly easy questions... make it a short and to the point answer, don't ramble on forever.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – 1- Applied
2- invite to video interview
3- completed video interview
4- complete/update application form
5- invite to face to face interview
6- Face to Face interview
7- email of successfully advancing
8- received DOT forms to fill out and fax in 3 days

my video and f2f interviews were a little over a month apart.

VIDEO INTERVIEW
1. tell about self
2. what do you know about a/a and why do you want to work for the company
3. why do you want to be a F/A
4. time you had to help upset customer
5. thoughts about relocating to another city
6. a good customer service experience you received

FACE TO FACE
show up and sit at the front with other candidates wait to be taken back.
go to a room fill out a form with a question on the back which has a scenario and you number them from #1-#5. telling which is most important from the number to least important. next you write a paragraph as to why you chose the given scenario as the most important. check in passport and then wait to be called to the next room

GROUP EXERCISE
In a group of 5 we had to draw a circle on a sheet of paper and draw three lines in the middle and the group had to come up with 3 things we all had in common. (fun things we have in common) then we draw a line out of the circle for each of us to put what is unique to us from the group
we had only 7 minutes to complete that task
we then had to present to the group in a certain way that they showed us. then the other group had to guess what unique quality belonged to who
then we exposed our unique qualities and had to give a 30 second explanation of it

GROUP PANEL INTERVIEW
we had only 4 people in my interview and 2 recruiters
1. tell me about yourself
2. what are you most proud of
3. next we had to pick up a notecard from a pile and keep it face down. each candidate had a different question. the instructions were to stand up and read the number on the card and read the question and answer it.. what are your thoughts on social media? who is your favorite super hero?
4. One word to describe exceptional customer service
5. Why did you pick that word?
we had to remember our group number

return to large group. watch a video. recruiters come in one by one and take each person out
they state several times there is no decision made today. which is a lie. not everyone was fingerprinted

1 ON 1
1. tell me about yourself?
2. what brand are you? (i was really confused by this question)
3. describe a time you had good customer service or you gave good customer service

taken to next room to perform reach test and get fingerprinted

Interview Question – what brand are you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at American Airlines

Interview Details – OK so I sent in my application march 31st and then received an email on April 7th to do a video interview so I did that on the 8th, the video interview was automated and was not hard at all so don't be scared about it! I was so nervous and I shouldn't have been. Today I finally got an email asking for me to update my application which today is May 16th so it took 5 weeks or more to hear from them so if you are still waiting hang in there!! Anyways I am very excited and praising the Lord!

Interview Question – What do you know about the company? Around those lines. But all of the questions on the video interview were on Glassdoor and thank goodness for that! So just go through all the entries on here and you will find all of the interview questions there are only 6.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online back in March. Did the online assessment 2 wks after, was invited on March 26 to do the webcam and a recorded voice acting called Kevin as an interviewer. Due to technical difficulties from my previous webcam on March 26 AA sent me an email with a new invitation to do the Video Assessment again on May 5. Took the Video Assessment May 8 answered 5 or 6 Q's. Waiting now on the response.

Interview Question – No unexpected Question all the Q's was related to customer service.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – i submitted online application and personality test. After four business days, i got a reject email from AA. I think i failed the personality test. i've never filled out one before, i was very confused when i tried to select the answer that matches their need. however, i think i failed. can anyone give me suggestions? I really want to be a flight attendant, should i reapply it again?

Interview Question – failed the personality test   View Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details – Applied online last year and after a month or so, I was invited to do a video interview. I haven't done anything like that before so I was very nervous and I found it kind of odd. Because it is an automated interview and you have to be staring at you all the time.

Interview Question – I can't remember the questions but they asked 6 questions and you have two minutes to answer them.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – This is an update- I just wanted to share my face to face interview experience because I learned so much from this website prior to my f2f! :)

It was just as everyone has described it- fun, friendly, relaxing, and just an overall great experience.
We started out in a room where they collect passports and everyone is mingling and filling out a quick little writing response- " The CEO of AA is on your flight and in your section- number each of the following five sentences in order of importance to you and then underneath list your reason for whatever question you marked as Number 1."
Next they take you all into a room where there is 25-30 applicants and 5-6 AA employees. They all introduce themselves, tell you where they are based and how long they have worked for AA.
Then we watch a little video on what AA is all about and who they are partnered with, following that we play the Who's Who game which was a great fun little ice breaker.
I'm going to skip the description and jump to the interview, because what questions to expect are what we are all looking for on here.

Question one- In order from left to right Introduce yourself and then tell us what quality you would look for in a flight attendant if you were on the hiring side.

Question two- Anyone can answer in whatever order- What are you most proud of at your current job or previous job- an accomplishment or an experience you had with a customer. (a girl asked a question, stopped speaking, so I volunteered to go first)

Question three- Pick from a deck of cards, don't look at the question until you are standing in front of the room- any order will do- (I went 2nd) My question was If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be and why.

Question four- to all of us, in any order- Why is excellent customer service important to you and what would it entail. (I think I answered 3rd to be polite).

I think that covers the group interview which included 5 applicants and 2 interviewers.

They take us back to the room and then you watch a video on benefits, training, and lots lots more. Afterwards you're given the opportunity to ask any questions you have. Then they open the door and the recruiters come and get you one by one. I've heard they take some people straight to the shuttle waiting area and others they take for a 1on1 interview. I was taken to a 1on1 interview!

First question- tell me about yourself.

Second question- if you had a brand, unique to you, what would that brand be and why?

Third question- Tell me about a time you had excellent customer service.

Fourth question- do you have any tattoos? - Which I do and I answered honestly and agreed 100% that I was willing to do whatever it took to make sure the tattoo would never show.

She asked if I had any questions- then took me to fill out two pieces of paper, get finger printed, and make sure I could reach inside the overhead bin.

I then went to the shuttle, flew home, and the next morning I received an email about making it to the next round!! :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! Stay relaxed as possible- don't have coffee that morning- it will just make your heart race, have some tea! BREATHE! and be you! L:)

Interview Question – If you had a brand, unique to you, what would that brand be and why?   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – No quite an offer yet but once my background check clears and I pass my physical (which shouldn't be a problem) I'll gladly accept!! :)

American Airlines Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1-got e mail saying that they wanted me to do a video interview.
2-got an e mail congratulating me on succesful completion of the video interview and was asked to update online application.
3- got a call from a recruiter to set up my f2f interview in dallas
4- flew to dallas for 4 hour interview
5- had the group ice breaker at first, that everyone talks about.
6- had the group interview which included 4 other people. We sat in chairs and answered questions asked. Simple questions like "what do you think we are looking for in a candidate?" "Tell me about your proudest moment of your work experiences" " If you could choose one word or phrase to describe a good flight attendant, what would it be?" They also had us pick a card from their hand. We could not flip it over until it was time for us to sgtand up and talk, and then we had 30 seconds to answer.
7- The group interview was over and we all went back into the room where we did the group activity.
8-viewed powerpoint about the benefits of working for AA and also what a typical work day is like.
9- Recruiters started to come in to call names.
10- some people were spoken to in the hallway, while others were taken into a room for a one-on-one interview. If they talked to you in the hallway and escorted you to the front of the hotel, you more than likely didn't make the cut. If you got the one-on-one interview, you pretty much can be confident that you are going to be selected........ or so I thought.
11- the one on one interview is more so about you past customer service experiences. I am in the military and when she saw that in my file, her face went sour. She let me know tht they could not pay for me to go home to drill with my unit and also, if i missed traning, I could run the risk of being restarted. I assured her that I could handle the schedule and that I would be able to go to drill before hand so that I did not have to leave dallas once the training started. She still seemed a little uneasy about it.
12- I did the reach test after the one-on-one interview, and was escorted back to the front. I filled out a finfetprint form when I was in the one on one interview but noone got finger printed that day because the machine was broken.
13- I got an e mail within the next few weeks saying that I had not been selected. I truly believe that I was discriminated on becasue of the fact that I am in the military because I went through the exact same process as the girl I rode back to the airport with, and she got an e mail within the next 2 days telling her the next step of the interview process. The bottom line is... don't let them know about your military service. You would think that it would show commitment, but they really do not want to deal with someone who has mandatory training with the military and they have to honor it. I got a call from delta today :) maybe I will go for delta.

Interview Question – All of the questions were fairly simple... A walk in the park.   View Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Just been through the video interview & it's not that hard

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!