American Airlines

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

August 4, 2014 -
Applied

August 6, 2014 -
Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
   1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
   2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
   3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
   4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
   5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
(dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

It actually took a while before making it through the entire process. Upon applying, the send you an email requesting that you complete an online interview. They ask various questions pertaining to the job position you applied for. Make sure you dress professionally and ensure that your background is not distracting. After completing, it could take a while for them to review and get back with you, don't get discouraged (I did). They enventually sent me a follow email requesting that fill out some more information on my application and then......I waited...I waited, for about 4 months. I finally received an invitation email to arrange a flight to Dallas to complete a face to face on-site interview. It was scheduled for about a month and half out. When arriving, you take a shuttle to their training center. Very nice, might I add! It is the training center where if you offered employment, you will spend roughly 7 1/2 weeks. I must say that, althought I was rather nervous, the whole process was actually a lot of fun!! Met some really amazing people and a good time. The questions asked are not out of the usual and the recruiters were all pleasant and inviting! Waiting to hear back as to whether I will be considered for training, but all in all, it was a really good experience!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Please pay attention to instructions!! They will ask you to complete various tasks in the form of a game. Its all fun, but they are paying attention to if you have followed their instructions.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

It was a really easy interview! All the questions that were posted on here are the exact questions they will ask you online. Make sure to dress really professional and smile a lot. This is all first impression! If you study those questions you shouldn't have a problem, so don't stress out. Look relaxed and genuine. Not to cocky tho! So now its just a waiting game.

Interview Questions
    • How would you see being relocated if you were offered the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied Online 10/1/2014
    Video InterviwRequested and Completed: 10/13/2014
    Feel great about my video interview! Hope for f2f invite soon! I am so excited for the opportunity. I really want this! The best advice I can give you is to BREATHE and take your time, Use your test video time to practoce answering some common questions you may think you'll hear. Be natural, show personality, but remember its a first impression. Free tip: Wear a watch, especially f2f.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical and all over forums. I felt prepared based on my research and was thankful for the questions i received!   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

I applied on 29th Oct. After 2 days, I recieved a mail to take a personality test. 1 or 2days later, I was invited to take a video interview. It seemed like so fast and I was really happy and excited.

I did homework before taking a video interview. The questions for my interview were just like in this review. It helped me a lot.

Thank you everyone who shared your own experience!

But the thing is..from all reviews, I saw they usually asked 6 questions on a video interview. For me, I was given 5 questions. Actually, when I finished answering the 5th question, I saw the words in a box like "One moment..blah blah~" And then It suddenly turned out to a preperation mode for the next recording.

I felt a bit confused whether I finished the privious question or not. I just tried to be calm and recorded the same answer that I just finished. After interview, I immediately e mailed to the American Airlines Talent Services. I haven't heard anything yet.

I am not sure it was a technical problem so the 6th question didn't come through in audio or I was given 5 questions. just waiting for them.

Still it was a great experience and I felt really appriciated for American Airlines's fast interview process.

Hope I could hear soon!

Interview Questions
    • It is hard to recall the question. but it was something about employee culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

After I submitted my application online, I got an invitation for a video interview. After I had the video interview, I was invited to submit an online application. After I submitted my online application, I did not hear from them for a month. Therefore, I called them and I was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not so difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

The interview process may take some time to pass through every initial part. It took about 6 months for me. I suppose it is determined by need. Apply on the career section of AA website to get started. Keep in mind being a speaker of a language outside of English alone will farther you in the process much more quickly than those who do not. Another key element in the initial personality and general questions that are screened before inviting you for an online interview, is to be as 'flexible' and 'available' as the company is asking you up be. So would you relocate? "Yes of course" Are you available to work any time of day any day of the week including holidays? "It would be my pleasure" etc.. etc...

Interview Questions
    • The other glass door reviews for FA have been very specific and right on the money.
      Key ideas and subject areas to speak on intelligently :
      How you specifically were a valuable team leader and customer service specialist in your last work place. Give an example of something extra ordinary you did. ( have examples on the ready; made up or otherwise)
      How does social media impact a brand like AA and what are your feelings on social media?
      Why do you want to be a FA? Do not say I love to travel;)

Answer Question
    • Remember at the F2F to be genuine and smart/clever but careful not to be too eager. It's really a crap shoot. Yet, I will say speaking up about non pay during training, or concerns about not seeing family during those 2 months raises red flags to those who are observing you from the company.   Answer Question
    • Dress as every post/ video blog site is recommending. AA is known to be more conservative in terms of appearance. So tone sexiness down. How ever, people naturally judge us on looks first, so make a point to look sharp, well groomed, and current, with out looking risqué. When you know you look good, your natural, charming personify will come through with the confidence needed to be in a room with 25 other competitors ( I mean friends ;)   Answer Question
    Standard union pay 21.70 per flight hour plus per diem. Average 80 hours month. Also plan on budgeting your uniform cost out of first few months pay.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Applied online in March 2014. Within a week I had my video interview. Flew to DFW May 2014. Was selected along with 4 others for fingerprinting after my F2F.
    Returned home and the next day received new hire paperwork which I filled out, signed and returned.
    After 3 weeks I received a phone call asking if I had been fingerprinted after my interview. I replied "yes". Was told that it would be verified and I would be called back. After 2 weeks wirhout a call I called them. I was told my fingerprints had not been cleared yet by compliance and to be patient. I was advised that my background check had cleared though. Over the past 10 eeks I have touched base with Talent Services every 2 weeks seeking an update. I have been told to be patient. Last week I received a call from Talent Services asking if I was still interested in the FA position. I stated "yes" and inquired about my fingerprints. I was told that AA was trying to get the applicants whom fingerprints were misplaced and whom were still interested, back to DFW for them to be retaken. To date, I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions that everyone else has listed. Just be yourself and speak with confidence.   Answer Question
    I havent received an actual offer yet as I am still awaiting fingerprints and physical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Recruiters were down to earth and very nice. They made it a fun day which made the time fly quickly. They open with an ice breaker then pull you into smaller groups to do a quick panel style interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly easy questions... make it a short and to the point answer, don't ramble on forever.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

1- Applied
    2- invite to video interview
    3- completed video interview
    4- complete/update application form
    5- invite to face to face interview
    6- Face to Face interview
    7- email of successfully advancing
    8- received DOT forms to fill out and fax in 3 days

my video and f2f interviews were a little over a month apart.

VIDEO INTERVIEW
    1. tell about self
    2. what do you know about a/a and why do you want to work for the company
    3. why do you want to be a F/A
    4. time you had to help upset customer
    5. thoughts about relocating to another city
    6. a good customer service experience you received

FACE TO FACE
    show up and sit at the front with other candidates wait to be taken back.
    go to a room fill out a form with a question on the back which has a scenario and you number them from #1-#5. telling which is most important from the number to least important. next you write a paragraph as to why you chose the given scenario as the most important. check in passport and then wait to be called to the next room

GROUP EXERCISE
    In a group of 5 we had to draw a circle on a sheet of paper and draw three lines in the middle and the group had to come up with 3 things we all had in common. (fun things we have in common) then we draw a line out of the circle for each of us to put what is unique to us from the group
    we had only 7 minutes to complete that task
    we then had to present to the group in a certain way that they showed us. then the other group had to guess what unique quality belonged to who
    then we exposed our unique qualities and had to give a 30 second explanation of it

GROUP PANEL INTERVIEW
    we had only 4 people in my interview and 2 recruiters
    1. tell me about yourself
    2. what are you most proud of
    3. next we had to pick up a notecard from a pile and keep it face down. each candidate had a different question. the instructions were to stand up and read the number on the card and read the question and answer it.. what are your thoughts on social media? who is your favorite super hero?
    4. One word to describe exceptional customer service
    5. Why did you pick that word?
    we had to remember our group number

return to large group. watch a video. recruiters come in one by one and take each person out
    they state several times there is no decision made today. which is a lie. not everyone was fingerprinted

1 ON 1
    1. tell me about yourself?
    2. what brand are you? (i was really confused by this question)
    3. describe a time you had good customer service or you gave good customer service

taken to next room to perform reach test and get fingerprinted