Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines
- Flight Attendant (212)
- American Airlines Flight Attendant (31)
- Financial Analyst (18)
- Station Agent (17)
- Revenue Analyst (9)
- Analyst (7)
- Senior Project Manager (6)
- Revenue Management Analyst (6)
- Customer Service Agent (6)
- Commodity Manager (6)
- Customer Service Representative (6)
- Strategy Analyst (5)
- Senior Financial Analyst (5)
- Aircraft Mechanic (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Reservation Representative (5)
- Customer Service Manager (4)
- Ramp Agent (4)
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician (4)
- Senior Analyst (4)
- Project Manager (3)
- Crew Scheduler (3)
- Reservations Agent (3)
- Fleet Service Clerk (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Flight Attendant Interview (3)
- Advantage Customer Service Representative (2)
- Bilingual Flight Attendant (2)
- Home Based Reservations Representative (2)
- Software Developer (2)
Commodity Manager Interview
Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions. Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions.
- A situational question about a specific commodity and how I would address it. Also, what is the newest supply chain trend. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines
Commodity Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in April 2013.
Networking with existing employees really helped me gain a lot of insight into their day to day work, and helped me be more confident during my interviews. Knowledge about TCO, procurement steps and basic airline knowledge help. They are looking for outgoing individuals who are not afraid of digging into an issue and solving it.
- calculating cost of capital of an airline ticked off a few employees Answer Question
Commodity Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in April 2011.
Very clear and quick process. I got the opportunity through my school, phone interview was almost immediate and the follow-up was within a week.
- contract negotiation questions Answer Question
Commodity Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2011.
First interview happened at the university's career fair. Consisted of 1 on 1 interview with a Purchasing manager that consisted of some behavioral questions and case interviews. Got a call a few weeks later to interview at headquarters in Fort Worth. This interview consisted of 3 separate interviews with managers from the purchasing organization. This was mainly case interviews in which they give you a situation and you must come up with a suitable answer.
Negotiation was accomplished by telling the hiring manager the average salary that new MBA students receive for this job position. The company did not match the salary but they did offer a bonus and some airline miles.
Commodity Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at American Airlines in December 2010.
Behavioral based interviews
- Why American Airlines Answer Question
Commodity Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at American Airlines in November 2010.
Unorganized, and never heard anything back.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review