American Airlines

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in September 2011.

Interview Details – Panel interview process with the other job applicants sitting next to you listening to your answers so that they can say something better than your answer. They all seem to know each other, they spend time talking about the cities they worked in and who the know, ignoring qualified candidates.

Interview Question – Lots of "how would you handle" questions that have nothing to do with the job function. Lesson is listen to what the person next to you says, and make it sound better.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

John F Kennedy Airport, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in April 2013.

Interview Details – It took two months to get called in for the interview from the time I applied. The interview with was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview I've ever attended. First, the position was incorrectly labeled, it should have been labeled as Ramp Manager not Customer Service Manager. Second, I was interviewed in front of two other candidates at the same time, the interviewers never had a chance to really get to know each candidate on a personal level and find out what each individual had to offer and what they are actually bringing into the company from their education and past experience. Third, the interview questions were so irrelevant pertaining to the position I applied for that It was obvious they obtained these questions by Googling "HR Interview questions". Fourth, they even told us during the interview that our jobs weren't guaranteed due to the merger with US Air and the restructuring. Now I'm really not surprised why they filed for bankruptcy.

Interview Question – Please provide me an experience or situation in your previous union job where an employee was terminated due to company theft.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Airlines in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Interview process consisted of a 3 manager interview panel with 4 interview candidates. The questions were pretty simply, normal experience based questions or scenario based questions on your past experiences. Nothing to scary. However, because there were 3 other interviewees there was some piggy backing on responses. The plus to this is that it provided additional time to think of an answer. Took about 2 hours. 2nd interview was with Director and very informal.

Interview Question – What do you know about Unions?   Answer Question

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!