American Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Complete online application and assessment survey. Within two weeks, you will receive an email inviting you to the next step in the interviewing process. Attend a group interview. Within a week of the interview, you will be notified via email if you are extended an offer and the next steps in the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Two people were on the panel. There were about 7 or 8 candidates. the interview proess consisted of about 6 or 7 questions. Then there was a guided tour through the building. After the tour there was a computer test to see how quickly you could find information on the internet about the company. The interviewers were very friendly, and they smiled and gave you unspoken encouragement throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you raised the bar for yourself and those around you, and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applied online. The company was hiring dozens of new customer service representatives for the frequent flyer program. Received a call from HR department and scheduled an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at headquarters. It was a group interview in which everyone was asked the same question, and we took turns answering them. Afterwards, we each had to pass a basic computer skills test in Microsoft Word/Excel and answering questions from the website. Out of a group of 12-15 candidates, 3 were hired. Other groups were around the same or fewer. After passing the interview, was officially offered the position over the phone and after accepting, directed to go through a heath screen and urine test. After that, training was 3 weeks, full-time. Needed to pass some tests to pass training.

Interview Questions

• What experience had we had with the frequent flyer program.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

First filled out forms and sent in. Then called in for an interview with HR. Then set up another interview with supervisor of department. Was called back a second time when I was offered the job and went through a small interview process at this point.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about how you like to deal with the public   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I believe they were interviewing about 100 applicants over a 3 day period, 20 per group. Our group we all sat at a large table and were asked; What do know about AA?, Why do you want to work here? etc. Then we were given a written test on how to deal with difficult customers and how to handle it. Lastly were broken up into small groups of 2 or three and were interviewed by two managers; it was the basic HR questions and little getting to know your personality to see if you were a fit.

Interview Questions

• The written test contained a mathematical question with being short changed and how to deal with a customer that is difficult and has a $100 bill and you can't break it. The written test was timed, I believe you had 15-20 minutes to write down your answers for all 10 questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay was non-negotiable, but the staff advised that there were opportunities of growth within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2007.

Interview

The whole thing was very professional, if a bit impersonal. I applied online & filled out a personality quiz. Then I spoke to the recruiter on the phone to schedule an interview. When I got there, I found out I was to be interviewed at a large table with 10 other people. The group made me self conscious of my responses, but it was great getting to listen to the other answers. That allowed me to tailor what I wanted to say to not only stand out from the others, but improve on any mistakes I saw them making. We were asked to wait outside afterwards, and those who didn't get offers were called in one at a time to be told why. The rest of us received offers in the mail and got to pick which training class we wanted to participate in.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation in which you had to deal with an upset client. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation open to us was the training class we wanted to sign up for. Starting salary, hours, and everything were set for the group, as it's a very large company and the position is pretty low on the totem pole.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2008.

Interview

Iniial screening done by contractor via phone, then board interview with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you react when a coworker does not work to his or her expectations/capability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

salaries are set by company policy. At LAX salary must be slightly higher do minimum living wage required by city of los angeles.