American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.9

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions
    • Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   View Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Staff Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

6 applicants Group interview Meeting at their hanger headquarters with two AA interviewers. Each applicant answered to specific questions and the process took about 40 minutes. Interviewers had prepared questions they read to the applicants and each applicant could hear the others answers.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the most difficult employee relations issues you dealt with?   Answer Question
    • How much sick or vacation time did you use last year?   View Answer
    • What type of software do you know and how much experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working nights, evenings and holidays?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand the process will probably take up to 6 weeks before you would start working?   Answer Question

Was offered another job in my field that was a significant pay increase from AA salary.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

I first applied online in December and received a call at the beginning of February that they wanted to fly me to Dallas, Texas for an interview the following week. It was a group interview setting, not intimidating, and it was about an hour long. After that, I was right back on the (American Airlines) plane and headed back home!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions
    • Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in January 2015.

A week after applying I was emailed a schedule stating that I could choose my interview time from the slots offered. I showed up for the interview with documents requested to be filled out. They were doing 3 person group interviews with an American mgr. and a union steward. The interview was a pleasant experience and I immediately moved to the next step of fingerprinting and drug screen. They said it could take 4-6 weeks and as of right now it's been just over four weeks. NOT SURE IF I GOT THE JOB OR NO because I haven't heard a thing since that day. Just confused because I felt I would be hired with experience.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   View Answer
    They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

I gave my resume to the recruiters on campus during the career fair event. Next, I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus. I did well on the campus interview. American Airlines flew me down for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four different managers.

Interview Questions
    • One looked at my college transcripts and asked
      1. What is a measure?
      2. What is a class?
      3. Why do you want to work here?
      4. Define a topology

Answer Question

German Speaker Fligh Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

Applied online during July, completed the video interview and received invitation to a f2f for November. At the f2f we were 15 candidates, we completed a group task, watched a movie about AA, then proceeded to an interview 5 at a time with two interviewers. We were asked one question each in order, and then drew cards with an additional question.

FA Interview for American Airlines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

All i have to say about the Interview for American Airlines in Dallas, is do NOT think you got the job if you had your fingerprinted, reach test or 1-0n-1. I completed all three in Dallas and didnt get the job. I literally cried the whole day thinking what did i do wrong? Please dont get your hopes up until you get the email stating you were offered the job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
    Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I