American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

College Interview. Recruiters came to campus. Got an interview a week later with one of the recruiters. I was later selected to interview on-site for more in person interviews. The interviews on-site consisted of 4 interviews, technical and behavioral. This was followed by an exam.

I was flown to-from Dallas in the same day for the on-site interviews. Never heard a response. Had to email my initial recruiter to find out I was not selected for the position. No specific feedback given, just told I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the three principles of object oriented design   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

i just got back from a f2f interview in dallas, and it was pretty easy i was so nervous and studies for days before. but i got there sat in a table with 3 other people. out of 250,000 applicants they only had 7 of us for the f2f interview that day so i think that was a good sign. We started off with an ice breaker all of the recruiters were really nice and welcoming. We had to introduce our selves and present the group activity to the room. Then we had a 5 min break and broke up into groups of three to be interviewed individually, went back into the main room watched a video about the benefits of working for the company. And then 3 people were called out of the room, and i never saw them again. And the 4 of us left in the room went to go get our fingerprints and fill out back ground test papers then were each called individually, i went to go do the reach test then was brought into the room to and had a small interview again which were more like suitability questions. about being able to follow the company's rule about piercings and tattoos and then asked about previous jobs, and that was it. Was told i would receive an email within the next week about the hire, so i guess maybe they are waiting for the back ground check to come in. I think i might have gotten the job, considering i was finger printed.

Interview Questions

• how do i diffuse a difficult situation   1 Answer

Home Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Did application, and a few days later they emailed back, to study for codes test, they were good with communication. I took the test 2 weeks later, they gave plenty of study time, there is a lot of codes to learn test was easy, for the ones who studied. I did a group interview, 2-3 people with 2 interviewers. They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing, was negotiable. Everything is pretty much set.

Staff Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

6 applicants Group interview Meeting at their hanger headquarters with two AA interviewers. Each applicant answered to specific questions and the process took about 40 minutes. Interviewers had prepared questions they read to the applicants and each applicant could hear the others answers.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult employee relations issues you dealt with?   Answer Question
    • How much sick or vacation time did you use last year?   1 Answer
    • What type of software do you know and how much experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working nights, evenings and holidays?   Answer Question
    • Do you understand the process will probably take up to 6 weeks before you would start working?   Answer Question

Was offered another job in my field that was a significant pay increase from AA salary.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions

• Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   1 Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Crew Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in December and received a call at the beginning of February that they wanted to fly me to Dallas, Texas for an interview the following week. It was a group interview setting, not intimidating, and it was about an hour long. After that, I was right back on the (American Airlines) plane and headed back home!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions

• Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

A week after applying I was emailed a schedule stating that I could choose my interview time from the slots offered. I showed up for the interview with documents requested to be filled out. They were doing 3 person group interviews with an American mgr. and a union steward. The interview was a pleasant experience and I immediately moved to the next step of fingerprinting and drug screen. They said it could take 4-6 weeks and as of right now it's been just over four weeks. NOT SURE IF I GOT THE JOB OR NO because I haven't heard a thing since that day. Just confused because I felt I would be hired with experience.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.