American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.9

180 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
    Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

First interview went well, it consisted of a 30 min test (basic probability) and a 30 min behavioral interview. They just asked basic questions, about why I wanted to work for the company and just went over my resume. Second interview is in the headquarters in Fort Worth tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

1 - Applied.
    2 - Was given the personality test.
    3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
    4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
    - Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
    - Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
    - Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
    Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
    - Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
    - Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
    5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).
    6 - Email to complete Online Application Form.
    7 - Assessment Day or "F2F" (4 hours) and included a group task, a small group interview, a 1 on 1 interview, and finally if they are interested in offering you the position you will complete two more assessments - a reach test, and then you'll be fingerprinted which is sent to the FBI for a background check. They'll tell you that it may take up to 14 days to receive a response from AA.
    - You will be asked to complete a writing exercise. Q: You are taking a flight from DFW to Tokyo. If you could choose someone to sit next to you on the flight, who would it be and why?
    - Group Task: Draw circle with 3 lines inside. Name 3 things that everyone in the group has in common. Each person draw a line from the circle going out. On that line each person writes something about them that's unique to them. Other group must try and guess what person is that unique item belongs to.
    - S. Group Q1: What can you do that would be a unique asset that AA would would benefit from hiring you?
    - S. Group Q2: Name a time that you gave back to you community where you credited a company or organization?
    - S. Group Q3: Describe a time where you made a process better. Explain why it was better.
    - S Group Q4: Describe a time where you had to disappoint a customer. How did you handle it and outcome?
    - 1:1 Interview: Typical questions will be asked.
    8 - 6 days after the Assessment in DFW, telephone call from AA on successfully completing the Assessment process also to schedule the foreign language test.
    9 - Completed the LOD assessment. Test will be 100% in the language.
    - Asked to read the reading material sent to you.
    - Q1: What is your favorite animal and why?
    - Q2: Do you work for AA?
    - Q3: If you were in politics, what would you do to make the country better?
    - Q4: What role would you play as a FA?
    - Q5: If you were in an unknown city, what would you do to find a restaurant?
    10 - Received email with DOT forms attached to complete and fax back to their compliance department within 3 business days.
    11 - Received CJO. Sign into the new hire portal, read and accept the job.
    12 - Received email scheduling the medical exam and agility (aka POET).
    13 - Flew to DFW to complete the medical/agility test.
    - Fill out forms.
    - 2 urine tests (DOT & AA). You cannot do both urine test at the same time, so be prepared to drink loads of water after the first cup you fill.
    - Read letter lines (you must read at least 5 lines), then color blind test (when you will see colored numbers inside a colored circle), and a depth test (where you will see 4 circles inside a square where you must tell her which one of the 4 circles are coming towards you).
    - You will see lights on the left and right of your eyes where you must say "left/right" as you see the lights for peripheral vision.
    - Blood pressure taken (now I always have perfect blood pressure but mine was high that day, and she asked me if I flew in? I told her yes and she said that's why it's a tad bit high - so you might want to mention you flew in).
    - Take your height/weight.
    - Go over medical history with you.
    - They will stick this electronic probe in your ear to test ear drums
    - They will put you in a booth where you put on the headphones and click this button when you hear a beep.
    - Agility: You'll have to push, pull, push, pull, pick up crate while she ups the weight of the crate up to 60 lbs., move crate from one shelf to the top shelf and back down again, all while controlling your heart rate, then complete the color peg board.
    14 - Received call, followed by a few emails on successfully completing medical/agility and to assign training date.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

The interview process may take some time to pass through every initial part. It took about 6 months for me. I suppose it is determined by need. Apply on the career section of AA website to get started. Keep in mind being a speaker of a language outside of English alone will farther you in the process much more quickly than those who do not. Another key element in the initial personality and general questions that are screened before inviting you for an online interview, is to be as 'flexible' and 'available' as the company is asking you up be. So would you relocate? "Yes of course" Are you available to work any time of day any day of the week including holidays? "It would be my pleasure" etc.. etc...

Interview Questions
    • The other glass door reviews for FA have been very specific and right on the money.
      Key ideas and subject areas to speak on intelligently :
      How you specifically were a valuable team leader and customer service specialist in your last work place. Give an example of something extra ordinary you did. ( have examples on the ready; made up or otherwise)
      How does social media impact a brand like AA and what are your feelings on social media?
      Why do you want to be a FA? Do not say I love to travel;)
        Answer Question
    • Remember at the F2F to be genuine and smart/clever but careful not to be too eager. It's really a crap shoot. Yet, I will say speaking up about non pay during training, or concerns about not seeing family during those 2 months raises red flags to those who are observing you from the company.   Answer Question
    • Dress as every post/ video blog site is recommending. AA is known to be more conservative in terms of appearance. So tone sexiness down. How ever, people naturally judge us on looks first, so make a point to look sharp, well groomed, and current, with out looking risqué. When you know you look good, your natural, charming personify will come through with the confidence needed to be in a room with 25 other competitors ( I mean friends ;)   Answer Question
    Standard union pay 21.70 per flight hour plus per diem. Average 80 hours month. Also plan on budgeting your uniform cost out of first few months pay.

Customer Service Representative Advantage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in August 2014.

Applied for the position online and one week later, I was asked to complete an Online Application Form. The next day, I received a call from the talent/recruitment center inviting me for an interview at HQ for the very next day. There were 8 other individuals there and it was a panel interview. We were all asked the same 5 questions. The interviewers (Supervisor and Manager both with tenure) were very laid back and easy going. After answering the questions, we had 25 minutes to a take a computer test testing our knowledge of Word and Excel based on 8 questions. After that, we were shown around our working area (if hired). We were told that they were hiring 28 people and we should hear from the talent/recruitment center from here after. This was 5 days ago (including the weekend), so I am anxiously awaiting a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly easy. Just be honest and do not rush.   Answer Question
    I am still awaiting a call back, however, I know there is no negotiation. There are however many internal positions and promotions. For this particular position, after 6 months of employment, you do receive a raise.

Flight Attendant Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in August 2014.

Day 1: I filled out an online application. Completed the online questionnaire (100 questions) and several scenario type questions, answering the best answer/option based on the 5 provided.

Day 3: Invited to complete online video interview. I had five days to make the recorded online interview.

Day 7: Take online video interview. The fact that the recording is timed and you only have one shot made me nervous, but tried to smile a lot and look directly into the camera while speaking. I answered 6 questions, pretty easy if you're in the customer service industry, you should have not problem answering them.

Hoping to get to the next step:)

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult team experience and what made it challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in may, got an email in July saying I was selected to interview and selected one if the listed day. They flew me to Dallas the day before - you have to fly in before although I did see that they add some exceptions to this, if you come the du before you pay for your accommodations. They have preselected hotels with group rates and they pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the interview location. When u get there they have everyone sit and fill out some paperwork. Our group was surprisingly small only about 10 people. We were all very social and by the end of the day exchanged numbers n emails so we were luck to be in our group - I saw a later group of about 30- after paperwork was complete we went to another room to hear a "presentation" which was pretty much information about the company pay and benefits.. After that, the same person conducted the interview, there were 3 questions we all answered and then we read a small flight attendant script. The questions were simple, what are u currently doing, what would u do to help a first time nervous flyer. After that we went to a room and waited for one in one interviews- they interview all of us, I don't know if they always do that, or if it was because our Group was so small, we did also gave great candidates though- during the one on one the interviewer asked about 6 questions, situation based. After I was able to ask questions. Then the recruiter said is be a good fit, I was finger printed and went to give pee the same day. In my group 7 of the 10 were selected

Nonnegotiable pay is 18 and change

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks
        Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interviewed with 4 person all in the same room. The interview last for more than an hour. They asked me to solve the code problem in 30 min with writing tests. If I would have read the "Head first design Patterns" I would have solved that easily .
    Mostly questions was asked by the Architect level person rest of the people didn't ask anything. The Architect asked me so many questions on design patterns, JSTL, JSP, Spring - framework, JMS, Core Java, collections. Most of the questions were theoritical and if you would have read books you could pretty much answer most of them.

Interview Questions
    • Coding exercise to complete in 30 min.Which was funny.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Ok so I was flown out to dallas international airport Yesterday which was June 17'th for a group interview. Upon arrival to the airport I went to the shuttle area as per the instructions in the email. We took a van with the name arias on it to the "AA" training camp which is about 10 minutes away from the airport. We first went into a room where you are required to fill out a form with basic information and then you give your passport to the host of the interview. They hold on to it till the end of the day. After everyone completes their forms then you move to a larger room where you sit in groups of 5 or 6. There will be roughly 32 of you. In this room you do fun activities to introduce yourself and get to know others around you. Standing in the back of the room is a panel of people. They are there taking notes about every individual. After about an hour of group activities the panel of people returns to the room and each one of them calls either 5 or 6 individuals with them to go for group interviews. You go to your own room. In this room another person is waiting. They are there to assist the original interviewer in taking notes. For the first question they will pick which individuals will answer first then you will answer working your way through the line. If you end up being last don't feel like you have ran out of answers simply act like nobody else was there and speak from your heart. They want to hear the truth not a script. Next they will ask one question and then who ever is ready to answer will stand up and give their answer. The last question requires you to think on your feet. Each person is given a card upside down with a question and a number you are not allowed to peek at your card. When you feel ready you stand up, turn your card over, read the question and answer the question within 30 seconds. Just answer truthfully and everything will be fine. After all the questions you will return to the group area where you will wait for your name to be called into another room. Not everyone gets to go to the other room. For some this is the bed of the road. In the next room they call you one on one to go and get fingerprints taken and after that you go and do a one on one interview. The questions they ask for the one on one are standard questions and when you are done you are told that you will be given an answer within 2 weeks. This morning I woke up and checked my email and couldn't believe that I had already received an email saying that once my fingerprints and background are clear that I can be scheduled for a physical and upon completion of my physical I will be scheduled for the 7 weeks of training. The process was definitely Intense but everyone was so nice and professional. It was one of the best interviews I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself and what you are currently doing and if you were to be the one interviewing people what would you be looking for.   Answer Question
    • What was your proudest moment   Answer Question
    • If you were to just meet someone what would you think their first reaction of you would be.   Answer Question
    • There were many other questions that were asked but this is just an idea of some of the things to expect. Good luck.   Answer Question