American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.9

177 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Ok so I was flown out to dallas international airport Yesterday which was June 17'th for a group interview. Upon arrival to the airport I went to the shuttle area as per the instructions in the email. We took a van with the name arias on it to the "AA" training camp which is about 10 minutes away from the airport. We first went into a room where you are required to fill out a form with basic information and then you give your passport to the host of the interview. They hold on to it till the end of the day. After everyone completes their forms then you move to a larger room where you sit in groups of 5 or 6. There will be roughly 32 of you. In this room you do fun activities to introduce yourself and get to know others around you. Standing in the back of the room is a panel of people. They are there taking notes about every individual. After about an hour of group activities the panel of people returns to the room and each one of them calls either 5 or 6 individuals with them to go for group interviews. You go to your own room. In this room another person is waiting. They are there to assist the original interviewer in taking notes. For the first question they will pick which individuals will answer first then you will answer working your way through the line. If you end up being last don't feel like you have ran out of answers simply act like nobody else was there and speak from your heart. They want to hear the truth not a script. Next they will ask one question and then who ever is ready to answer will stand up and give their answer. The last question requires you to think on your feet. Each person is given a card upside down with a question and a number you are not allowed to peek at your card. When you feel ready you stand up, turn your card over, read the question and answer the question within 30 seconds. Just answer truthfully and everything will be fine. After all the questions you will return to the group area where you will wait for your name to be called into another room. Not everyone gets to go to the other room. For some this is the bed of the road. In the next room they call you one on one to go and get fingerprints taken and after that you go and do a one on one interview. The questions they ask for the one on one are standard questions and when you are done you are told that you will be given an answer within 2 weeks. This morning I woke up and checked my email and couldn't believe that I had already received an email saying that once my fingerprints and background are clear that I can be scheduled for a physical and upon completion of my physical I will be scheduled for the 7 weeks of training. The process was definitely Intense but everyone was so nice and professional. It was one of the best interviews I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself and what you are currently doing and if you were to be the one interviewing people what would you be looking for.   Answer Question
    • What was your proudest moment   Answer Question
    • If you were to just meet someone what would you think their first reaction of you would be.   Answer Question
    • There were many other questions that were asked but this is just an idea of some of the things to expect. Good luck.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at American Airlines.

Interviewed with 4 person all in the same room. The interview last for more than an hour. They asked me to solve the code problem in 30 min with writing tests. If I would have read the "Head first design Patterns" I would have solved that easily .
    Mostly questions was asked by the Architect level person rest of the people didn't ask anything. The Architect asked me so many questions on design patterns, JSTL, JSP, Spring - framework, JMS, Core Java, collections. Most of the questions were theoritical and if you would have read books you could pretty much answer most of them.

Interview Questions
    • Coding exercise to complete in 30 min.Which was funny.   View Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at American Airlines in June 2011.

I first applied online on January 21st, 2014. Recieved an email Feb. 11th inviting me to the video interview. Completed the video interview. You can find the exact questions by searching on this forum. There are 6 questions, It is automated and you have 3 minutes to record each question. On Feb. 24th I was sent an email inviting me to update my application online. On Feb. 28th I recieved an email stating there was overwhelming interest in the position and that I would receive a response in the following months. I didn't hear anything again until May 13,2014 stating again that there was overwhelming interest and thanking me for my patience. On May 21st I received an email congratulating me on being picked for the Face to Face interview. I spoke to a recruiter who set up an interview time for me and sent me an email with my flight itinerary provided by American Airlines a couple days later. My interview was set up for June 5, 2014. As people have explained when you arrive to the conference center you check in you are greeted and escorted into a waiting room (in my room there were about 30 individuals total and we just waited). Once everyone was checked in we were escorted into a room with 5 tables with 5 chairs at each table. People were free to choose their seats. There are 5 recruiters standing in the back of the room they introduce themselves and start taking notes on everything you do. We began with an icebreaker where each table was instructed to do the "Who's Who" game. You draw a big circle on a large piece of paper, you along with your team members are instructed to together find out three things you have in common with each other and write them in the circle, then on the outside of the circle each person writes something unique about themselves that nobody would ever guess by looking at them. After each group goes up and presents the things they have in common the rest of the room tries to guess what unique quality applies to what person. It was fun. Make sure to SMILE A LOT. Work with your team, be yourself and over everything be friendly and attentive. Word of advice, ladies wear your hair in a ponytail or bun. Pencil skirt, blouse, nude hose and appropriate high heels. Trust me! After the group excercise each of the recruiters selected 5 individuals and took them to separate rooms. You will sit in a row of five chairs with 2 recruiters in front of you. If you sit in the first seat closest to the door you will be chosen to answer questions first so be prepared. They ask different questions during the group interview and each person has a chance to answer. Some examples

1. What was your greatest accomplishment in your job?
    2. What does customer service mean to you?
    3. How do you provide exceptional service?
    4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Then each person is given a blue notecard with a question on the back. You cannot look at the question. They ask you to stand up one by one flip over your card and answer your question in less than 30 seconds. I don't remember my question now; I was so nervous. But they ask things like, if you could have dinner with any person in the world who would it be and why?

Word of advice just think of influential people you look up to. And think about times during work that you have gone above and beyond for a customer.

Once the group interview is complete you are taken back to the initial room with your group to watch a slides how explaining the benefits of being a flight attendant with American Airlines. After the recruiters come in and start calling people for one on one interviews. I was the 5th person called. Was taken to a room with ten others to fill out a fingerprint authorization form. I was fingerprinted, did a reach test and was talked to one on one by one of the recruiters who asked me a few questions.

1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings that are visible?
    2. Are you ok with wearing a uniform?
    3. What other language a do you speak? (I applied as a bilingual attendant)
    4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
    5. What was your proudest moment in your current position?
    6. Are you willing to relocate?

I do not know what happened with the other 20 people that were part of the entire group is only saw 10 of us be fingerprinted and interviewed. We were each told we would receive an email within 2 weeks stating if we got the job. I just interviewed and am waiting on an email. Hopefully I will get an offer :)

Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps

Flight Attendant - Japanese Speaking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

I submitted my application online on Wed and received an email on Friday requesting me to complete online interview via cam. I also left a voice message from HR to let me know the email was coming asking to do the interview online.

Interview Questions
    • The questions we quite easy.
      1) What do you know about AA and culture
      2) What type of customer service background do you have that will benefit AA
      3) Name a time when you gave excellent customer service
      4) name a time when you went above and beyond that benefited your team
      5) what qualities do you have that makes you great at customer service
      6) what excites you about moving to a different city immediately after training.
      You are given 1 minute to think about your answer before you are video recorded. You have up to 3 minutes response time.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in July 2013.

I applied online and received an invitation for a per-interview online about a week later. This interview consisted of filming my answers which were timed. A few days later I received a phone call asking me to attend an interview in Texas. My flight was covered, but I had to pay for my hotel. The interview process lasted half a day. We were broken up into groups for questioning, then different groups for exercises they deemed appropriate. Afterward, we were told more about the company and position. Lastly, they called us out one by one and we were either escorted out of the building or taken to a room for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the nicest thing you have done for someone recently?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2014.

Recruiters were down to earth and very nice. They made it a fun day which made the time fly quickly. They open with an ice breaker then pull you into smaller groups to do a quick panel style interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly easy questions... make it a short and to the point answer, don't ramble on forever.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

The process was similar to what all the other previous candidates had posted. Applied online, received email, completed personality test online, completed video interview online, attended interview in Dallas, Texas. Group interview then if successful 1:1 interview and fingerprint before leaving Dallas

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were shared by previous candidates on this site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

Process has been about 2 months.
    1. Paper Application.
    2. Call to do video interview. Very simple. Just a few questions. A tad awkward as it's automated. So you're just rambling at a screen. Behavior questions. Let your personality shine. It's not what you say, it's his you say it.
    3. Invitation for f2f, a month from invitation date.
    4. arrived in dallas, ice breaker, group interview, one on one, and then fingerprinting if they like ya.

Everyone was dressed nicely, but bland. I have a little more spunk and I think that helped me stand out from the vast of sea of average Joe black, blue, and gray skirt suits. (Still, I was dressed conservatively) I was first to answer questions and was my groups spoke person for the ice breakers. Don't be too confident!! They don't want cocky people.. At all. They want people to be nervous. They want to know how excited and honored you are to be there. I noticed that the people who showed how excited they were and that they were a tad intimidated were invited to finger printing. So let your voice and knees shake a little. Lol! Smile till your cheeks burn. Talk to everyone you can. Ask where people are from. Exchange numbers. Try to make little jokes, but do not hog the spotlight . I won't lie, the whole process was very intimidating. But I was offered a position. (: Smile!!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions. How would you handle this? How would you describe yourself? (Don't get cocky!!) One word or phrase to describe customer service... Easy questions. Nothing crazy.   View Answer
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2014.

Day 0 - Submitted application online

Day 5 - Received an invitation for video interview. This is an automated online interview consists of several questions and your response is recorded through your webcam.

Day 7 - Completed video interview.

Day 11- Received an email indicating "overwhelming" interest based on the video interview. But due to the large number of applicants I was advised to be patient and expect to hear from AA in the "coming months".

Day 15 - Received an invitation for on site interview. I guess I don't have to wait for months after all. And they wanted me to go the next day! Due to prior commitments I had to schedule the interview for the following week.

Day 22 10am - Arrived at AA Training and Conference Center in Ft Worth for the interview.

Interviews are usually conducted Tuesdays through Thursdays twice a day in groups of 25. In my group there were 20 women and 5 men of various age, size, and ethnicity, and several of them have language skills. Only 2 were local and the rest came from all over the country. The facilitators/evaluators were all senior FA's with 30+ years of experience. They were just as excited as the candidates because this is the first time AA has hired FA's since 9/11 and we could represent the next generation of FA's at the new AA.

To put things in perspective, there were over 100k applicants and AA has hired about 2,000 new FA's to date (starting last year). They told us we should be proud of ourselves for making it to the interview. This got everyone all pumped up!

We broke into groups of 5's to start the first exercise, which mainly deals with learning about each other and then present to the other groups. It forces you to remember names, faces, and some details about each person, and think on your feet.

Then the facilitators went through a presentation about AA, FA job requirements, and the training process. After that we were divided into 4 groups for the group interview. There were two interviewers for each group. First, each person in the group had to answer the same question. Then each person draws a random question and had to answer on the spot.

After the group interview then it's time for individual interviews, then a "reach" test (to make sure you can reach the overhead bin), and finger printing. The entire process took 4 hours.

Day 25 - Received an email to submit background check. Looks like I made it!!

Day 28 - Submitted background check.

Day 30 - Received offer letter!

Day 32 - Accepted offer

Day 38 - Foreign language assessment test

Day 42 - Medical and physical ability test

Day 45 - Schedule flight attendant training

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite superhero and why.
      Describe one of your life experiences that prepared you to be a flight attendant.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at American Airlines in May 2014.

It took me all 5 months to get to my F2F interview. Up to now i can't believe the F2F process would be that silly and all they are interested is if they like you or not... They aren't really interested in your professional way of being, not even very much focused if you do look well groomed... The 5 ones they had picked in my group were the least well dressed, but the 5 ones very off and plain people who they can easily brain wash...

Interview Questions
    • Silly Silly Silly... Upon the group dynamic they already have in mind the ones they had liked the most.   Answer Question