American Airlines

Updated Jan 1, 2015

2.9

193 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

After I submitted my application online, I got an invitation for a video interview. After I had the video interview, I was invited to submit an online application. After I submitted my online application, I did not hear from them for a month. Therefore, I called them and I was scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not so difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

Everything in the process is the same as described. Everyone was friendly and laid back. I succeed and was taking for fingerprinting and they told me I'll hear from them. A week later they said I funny qualify. No further explication and nothing else. Disappointed!

Interview Questions
    • What would be the hardest and being a flight attendant.   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

First interview went well, it consisted of a 30 min test (basic probability) and a 30 min behavioral interview. They just asked basic questions, about why I wanted to work for the company and just went over my resume. Second interview is in the headquarters in Fort Worth tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

The interview process may take some time to pass through every initial part. It took about 6 months for me. I suppose it is determined by need. Apply on the career section of AA website to get started. Keep in mind being a speaker of a language outside of English alone will farther you in the process much more quickly than those who do not. Another key element in the initial personality and general questions that are screened before inviting you for an online interview, is to be as 'flexible' and 'available' as the company is asking you up be. So would you relocate? "Yes of course" Are you available to work any time of day any day of the week including holidays? "It would be my pleasure" etc.. etc...

Interview Questions
    • The other glass door reviews for FA have been very specific and right on the money.
      Key ideas and subject areas to speak on intelligently :
      How you specifically were a valuable team leader and customer service specialist in your last work place. Give an example of something extra ordinary you did. ( have examples on the ready; made up or otherwise)
      How does social media impact a brand like AA and what are your feelings on social media?
      Why do you want to be a FA? Do not say I love to travel;)

Answer Question
    • Remember at the F2F to be genuine and smart/clever but careful not to be too eager. It's really a crap shoot. Yet, I will say speaking up about non pay during training, or concerns about not seeing family during those 2 months raises red flags to those who are observing you from the company.   Answer Question
    • Dress as every post/ video blog site is recommending. AA is known to be more conservative in terms of appearance. So tone sexiness down. How ever, people naturally judge us on looks first, so make a point to look sharp, well groomed, and current, with out looking risqué. When you know you look good, your natural, charming personify will come through with the confidence needed to be in a room with 25 other competitors ( I mean friends ;)   Answer Question
    Standard union pay 21.70 per flight hour plus per diem. Average 80 hours month. Also plan on budgeting your uniform cost out of first few months pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in September 2014.

First is the online application followed by a long wait (four to five weeks) for a phone screening. The phone screening lead to a Skype online interview. Several weeks after that came an invitation to interview in person at the American Airlines training center in Dallas, TX. The style was group dynamics, group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the names of some of the people that were in your group?   View Answer
    • Tell me something about the others in your group.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Advantage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in August 2014.

Applied for the position online and one week later, I was asked to complete an Online Application Form. The next day, I received a call from the talent/recruitment center inviting me for an interview at HQ for the very next day. There were 8 other individuals there and it was a panel interview. We were all asked the same 5 questions. The interviewers (Supervisor and Manager both with tenure) were very laid back and easy going. After answering the questions, we had 25 minutes to a take a computer test testing our knowledge of Word and Excel based on 8 questions. After that, we were shown around our working area (if hired). We were told that they were hiring 28 people and we should hear from the talent/recruitment center from here after. This was 5 days ago (including the weekend), so I am anxiously awaiting a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly easy. Just be honest and do not rush.   Answer Question
    I am still awaiting a call back, however, I know there is no negotiation. There are however many internal positions and promotions. For this particular position, after 6 months of employment, you do receive a raise.

Flight Attendant Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in August 2014.

Day 1: I filled out an online application. Completed the online questionnaire (100 questions) and several scenario type questions, answering the best answer/option based on the 5 provided.

Day 3: Invited to complete online video interview. I had five days to make the recorded online interview.

Day 7: Take online video interview. The fact that the recording is timed and you only have one shot made me nervous, but tried to smile a lot and look directly into the camera while speaking. I answered 6 questions, pretty easy if you're in the customer service industry, you should have not problem answering them.

Hoping to get to the next step:)

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult team experience and what made it challenging?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in may, got an email in July saying I was selected to interview and selected one if the listed day. They flew me to Dallas the day before - you have to fly in before although I did see that they add some exceptions to this, if you come the du before you pay for your accommodations. They have preselected hotels with group rates and they pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the interview location. When u get there they have everyone sit and fill out some paperwork. Our group was surprisingly small only about 10 people. We were all very social and by the end of the day exchanged numbers n emails so we were luck to be in our group - I saw a later group of about 30- after paperwork was complete we went to another room to hear a "presentation" which was pretty much information about the company pay and benefits.. After that, the same person conducted the interview, there were 3 questions we all answered and then we read a small flight attendant script. The questions were simple, what are u currently doing, what would u do to help a first time nervous flyer. After that we went to a room and waited for one in one interviews- they interview all of us, I don't know if they always do that, or if it was because our Group was so small, we did also gave great candidates though- during the one on one the interviewer asked about 6 questions, situation based. After I was able to ask questions. Then the recruiter said is be a good fit, I was finger printed and went to give pee the same day. In my group 7 of the 10 were selected

Nonnegotiable pay is 18 and change

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines in July 2014.

This was an extremely long drawn out process. Had several levels of interviews, including a recorded video of myself online and a group interview in person. The group interview was tough because they want to see how well you work with a team. There's a fine line between what you must do or say to follow and lead the group simultaneously.

Interview Questions
    Haven't figured out if there's negotiation but I doubt there will be any...